Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Don't think tesco stock pikmin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Anyone see Fragile Dreams going around? Trying to find it for around €30 but last I looked it was €35/40
    Just updating, I found one for £18, if anyone else is on the look out for it too I found eBay.co.uk had another one that's NTSC for £15 (I wanted the other cover :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ah sweet irony I can't find any games in Tesco because greedy ****ers are buying them all up to trade into CeX hope they get barred for taking the pisd. Several on the PlayStation and Xbox forums here boasting of getting four and five psn or Xbox live cards. Who needs so many if not to profit from them. How the .mighty have fallen. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Is it good value to get so much stuff if you don't do anything with it? I mean I saw lots of PSN credit in tesco, but I don't think I'd do anything with it so its useless to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is it good value to get so much stuff if you don't do anything with it? I mean I saw lots of PSN credit in tesco, but I don't think I'd do anything with it so its useless to me.

Well, it's a great gift for people, same here with Wii points, after using some I have the rest to friends on here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, it's a great gift for people, same here with Wii points, after using some I have the rest to friends on here.

Yeah I went to buy 3 x €20 PSN credit to get more bang for my buck in the PS store. Was disappointed to be told at the till they were display boxes only. So yeah, I would have definitely used them for myself, not to sell on for profit.

Anyway, a bargain - Puzzle and Dragons 3DS back down to €11.99 again in Argos: http://www.checkargos.com/product/5559226

Seems decent enough for 12 quid:

Zelda Triforce heroes is back in stock in several argos stores for €16.99. Can be ordered in most stores that don't have stock.

http://checkargos.com/product/4240646

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I think most who bought them will have PS+ accounts until 2021 in fear of a price increase or sell them at a profit on Adverts.

Point taken, just seems odd so many getting all the stuff for themselves reminds me of the days I got myself into trouble for doing the same thing buying up everything for folks I knew but getting accused of profiteering on them.

Never have I charged more than cost to those I thought were friends. But enough about that back to bargain hunting. Tesco in jervis had €15 cards yesterday at full price as they're classed as gift cards rather than gaming merchandise.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Are there any more mario 3d worlds for the wiiU going around?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

CliCliW wrote: »
    Are there any more mario 3d worlds for the wiiU going around?

Just wait a few more weeks and it will be a budget title on the WII U so 25 euros more or less in argos when it comes out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I don't know what Tesco branches ye are going to to find Nintendo products. My local Tesco hasn't had any Nintendo products, not since the last massive clearout. And further afield I've only seen a scattering of crud Wii/DS and 3DS products at ludicrous prices. I might get a chance to go further out again and try elsewhere during the week but I expect anything that is of any worth has already been snatched up.

Between Artane, Clarehall and Santry, I got quite a few pokemon games, and 3 copies of majoras mask for boardsies, and I saw a few Wii U games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anyone check out Clearwater?
    I also picked up a half price copy of Star Wars Force Awakens on Blu in the Tesco in Rush yesterday.

Anyone check out Clearwater?
    I also picked up a half price copy of Star Wars Force Awakens on Blu in the Tesco in Rush yesterday.

Wasn't much Nintendo stuff there the other day some Lego 3ds games Prof Layton and some very overpriced Wii games. No Wii U games at all in stock. Lots of Xbox One games and a few PS4 titles

Thankfully the half price sale finally means I can pick up a new copy of Fifa 10 for the PS2 for an affordable price, in Tesco at least!

F1 for vita for €22.50 is the greatest said no one ever. Bloody pissed there is no good 3ds stuff with my gamy eyes its all I can play at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Just wait a few more weeks and it will be a budget title on the WII U so 25 euros more or less in argos when it comes out

I couldn't remember if it was a select! Thankfully I'm not worried about the box or whatever so I'll definitely get it then. Was thrilled to pick up New Super Mario Bros U for 23 quid in Argos the other day! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

You guys are lucky, all thats in my tescos is the adventures of Paddington bear in London :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Was in tesco nutgrove today, like five 3ds games, none of them looking any good. Wasn't really looking at wii titles cause don't have one, think all that was there though was 2 wii u games and then a lot of wii games

• Advertisement

Am gonna nip around to Clearwater after 8 will update what I see hopefully without a rant this time but this place is cheaper than a shrinks office so who knows. ;)

Highlights of Clearwater are pricing on the shelves, kirby epic yarn Wii €40/20. Final Fantasy III €45/22.50 and Sonic Riders for PS2 €49.99/24.99. Don't bother folks like the weather it's a washout.

Tesco in Rush have Mario and Luigi Dream team, but it's the original version at 45, so even with the discount it's the same price as the Selects edition.

Mario Kart 3DS for 22.50 anyone?

Mario Kart 3DS for 22.50 anyone?

Can you post it? I'd be interested.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Can you post it? I'd be interested.

If its still there when I go back on Wednesday yes.

If its still there when I go back on Wednesday yes.

Grand, my brother got it in tullamore.

Anyone see any pokemon in dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Between Artane, Clarehall and Santry, I got quite a few pokemon games, and 3 copies of majoras mask for boardsies, and I saw a few Wii U games.

How much did the majora's masks cost? >.> I need one

• Advertisement

Linoud wrote: »
    How much did the majora's masks cost? >.> I need one

25 notes if you can find it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement