Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Anyone see any pokemon in dublin
    Both or as in Celbridge. Dublin-adjacent
    That was yesterday though

Edit : As of 6/9 they only have ruby.

Did see a copy of the excellent GTA Chinatown Wars for DS (hid it on the top shelf, back right of the cardboard aisle stand behind a bunch of Imagine You're A Pony games). No price in evidence and some of the prices that were shown were tragic/hilarious depending on your intent to purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

If anyone finds a Mario kart 3ds, I'd love one. It was regular ds Mario kart ingot earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    If anyone finds a Mario kart 3ds, I'd love one. It was regular ds Mario kart ingot earlier.

I'll keep you in mind when I go back tomorrow.

Tesco celbridge out of ORASes but has a Majoras Mask....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Only looking for X as I have OR and Y from before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

Picked up a Wii U game pad cradle & stand today in GameStop Carlow for 2.50 in their clearance section. There were 2 left.

Very handy if you have the white Wii U as the charging socket is known to fail.

Mario kart or smash bros half price tesco, anyone want?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Mario kart or smash bros half price tesco, anyone want?

Yes, if there is a Smash Bros :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

Wii motionplus remote coming up tomorrow on lightning deals at 12:29 only in pink though I think. Will probably pick it up only have one motionplus remote and need another to play some of the nintendoland games with the kids.

Been a good week for bargains got the Wii U pro controller on lightning deals, Mario Kart 8 for €30 and Goldeneye Wii for €15 in Tesco along with a good few bluerays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Tesco Rathmines have Super Paper Mario and Mario Galaxy for 5 quid each. Seem to be some leftovers from the great Tesco clearout of a while ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Tesco Rathmines have Super Paper Mario and Mario Galaxy for 5 quid each. Seem to be some leftovers from the great Tesco clearout of a while ago.
    If you or anyone else happens to see a spare Mario Galaxy I'd love it, actually don't have it and never played it (ashamed) :(

Same here, I'd live a copy of either of those two. But I have played Mario Galaxy, unlike some. Shame on you sera!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,019 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'd love a copy of Super Paper Mario if someone could pick it up please. The Tesco's around here have nothing.

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (Nintendo Wii U) is €15.72 on Base.com. It's €17.67 including postage. That's the best price around.

http://www.base.com/buy/product/darksiders-warmastered-edition-nintendo-wii-u/dgc-darksidewiiu.htm

Same here, I'd live a copy of either of those two. But I have played Mario Galaxy, unlike some. Shame on you sera!
    46bdf4f585ea982d118c24359f3cee09.jpg
    There is worse, I'm not even gonna go there though :p

Could someone get mario galaxy and paper mario as well for me Please?

I was in rathmines today and all, well annoyed by that.

Oh wait, i didn't even realise these were a fiver. That's a nice little fine, I was expecting them to be part of the half price sale.
    By the way, if anyone is interested, there's donkey kong on the wii in birr. Not quite a great deal at €25 but still...

None of them mario games in clarehall. Load of tat really, to use the technical term.

In the queue for a galaxy or super paper m. Never played either, need to break out of this shame spiral...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    In the queue for a galaxy or super paper m. Never played either, need to break out of this shame spiral...

Get back to us, after you play Super Mario Galaxy, and look like this
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

How have so many people not played Galaxy?

It's the best thing ever. A million times better than any of the New Super Mario Brothers games (that I've played, but I say that cos they are so samey).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Banjo wrote: »

I'm actually jealous that you can play Galaxy for the first time. A masterpiece of a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Ol' Donie wrote: »

latest?cb=20140511231346

I-Ive D-efinity played it your honor!
    (have to track down and play super mario galaxy now)

I have played super Paper mario tho and loved it! love the platforming, the dimention shifts and the plot is probably the darkest in any of the paper mario games.

Plus this it has my favourite invincibilty theme :D

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I got the Wii after its life was over not around the time the game was out, so I'd a choice if everything and just never thought to get it online if I didn't see it around.

There's all the time in the world to catch up on the backlog :). We can set up a Mario Galaxy anonymous - with blackjack and hookers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got the Wii after its life was over not around the time the game was out, so I'd a choice if everything and just never thought to get it online if I didn't see it around.

There's all the time in the world to catch up on the backlog :). We can set up a Mario Galaxy anonymous - with blackjack and hookers!

175px-ANTHONY_MITCHELL.jpg

I'm hoping for a HD remaster of both Galaxy titles with the NX, which could mean it's a home title or even.... a portable title!!!
    But, seriously, it would be amazing, like Super Mario Sunshine, the number of punters who missed out on these cracking titles is ridiculous, and there is nothing in the same league on any other console.... well, barring maybe Tearaway on the Vita and Puppeteer on the PS3, perhaps Psychonauts on the PS2....

Stupid argos up the price of Triforce heroes again. There goes my double bluff screw job way of getting Dragon Quest on the cheap. Ah the things I do for love!

I want to buy the Metroid game on the 3DS but my backlog on that system is insurmountable as it is and I'm buying an Atari 65XE at the weekend, which is draining vital fundage.

I would honestly wait for a price on that, its more than it deserves.

Bunch of Lego games on 3DS and Wii U (and other platforms) reduced in Smyths - Batman 3, Jurassic Park, Lego Movie, Marvel - €14,99 for most of them. 19.99 for Lego Avengers (ie the 2nd Marvel one).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

I was passing on way to a job so looked into Portlaoise Tesco. It still has 2 Majoras Masks, 4 Mariokart 8s and 1 Mario 3D World in the half price clearance. Some more 3DS stuff too (Lego games, Layton Azran, Monkeyball etc).

• Advertisement

€40 for Dragon Quest in Argos. Hardly a bargain but it is a fiver cheaper than Smyth's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement