Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

€40 for Dragon Quest in Argos. Hardly a bargain but it is a fiver cheaper than Smyth's.

Looking at that list of in stock 3DS titles, there's about €160 worth of games that I want on there!
    Bugger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Really wish the Sun version was some sort of Orange, I'd jump on that straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Tesco rathmines inventory of mario games stands at zero.

No Mario games in Clearwater neither.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

No mario games, amiibo are still.on sale on Limerick as of Friday though. From what the sales reps have told me the sale is on till October :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I was passing on way to a job so looked into Portlaoise Tesco. It still has 2 Majoras Masks, 4 Mariokart 8s and 1 Mario 3D World in the half price clearance. Some more 3DS stuff too (Lego games, Layton Azran, Monkeyball etc).

Ah sweet. Might pick up a copy of MM if I can at my local tescos. :o

Cex Liffey Street have Metroid Prime Federation for €35, if this was a sitcom the African American lady would be shouting at me don't go in there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

4 copies of Mario Kart 7 in Tesco Bray in the half price deal.

Reduced from 45 I think, so not sure if that's a decent bargain or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,019 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

What happened to Shovel Knight in Argos? Specifically the Wii U version, but the other versions are gone too. It was €24 last I seen and there were plenty in stock. I was holding out for a price drop. Now all you'll find from a search is the amiibo.

• Advertisement

Might be on the system in store or on their eBay page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Might be on the system in store or on their eBay page.

...which basically means it's in Clearance and it's not coming back. In situations like this there's only one thing you can do :
    Look it up on the UK site to get the product code.
    Go to the nearest Argos to Portlaoise (which is the centre of the country as far as I'm concerned. Because that's where the Midway rest stop is) and search for the code.
    If it's not in stock you should be within range of all the Argoses in Ireland when you hit the "check other stores" button.

Ok, I haven't checked that last bit, it might be bull****.

Or just go to their customer service and ask them to do a look up if it's still on their database, Cex has one in Waterford for €22 plus 4.95 postage but you'd get it cheaper online though.

Smyths have the steel book Sun and Moon to pre order for €59.99 each again not a bargain per say but more an availability post, they're notorious for not getting limited edition ninty stock in though always up until the last day then boom we couldn't get them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Talking to humans? CHEAT!

HUKD flagged that Amazon have some Nintendo Selects titles at £14 - buy two for free delivery!
    New Super Mario (and Luigi) Bros U

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
    Lego City Undercover

And some of the 3DS ones are 12-14 quid - Yoshi's Island, Sticker Star, Dream Team bros. But I'm out of time for copying links. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Banjo wrote: »
    Talking to humans? CHEAT!

HUKD flagged that Amazon have some Nintendo Selects titles at £14 - buy two for free delivery!
    New Super Mario (and Luigi) Bros U

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
    Lego City Undercover

And some of the 3DS ones are 12-14 quid - Yoshi's Island, Sticker Star, Dream Team bros. But I'm out of time for copying links. :D

Great deal, thanks Banjo.

This seems like a good time inflate my non-existent Wii U game collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Or just go to their customer service and ask them to do a look up if it's still on their database, Cex has one in Waterford for €22 plus 4.95 postage but you'd get it cheaper online though.

Smyths have the steel book Sun and Moon to pre order for €59.99 each again not a bargain per say but more an availability post, they're notorious for not getting limited edition ninty stock in though always up until the last day then boom we couldn't get them...

Call into your local CeX, ask them to transfer it up for you. It should send out Sunday and arrive Wednesday/Thursday. Only issue is as a 'request' and not a sale it can not arrive due to selling online or if it's held for a customer or staff in the store. Or if transfers are delayed, which happens.

99.9% of the time it's no problem at all.

That and the amiibo = 2 player epic shovelyness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, when will the WiiU game rush begin, after Christmas, when the stores no longer get fresh stock of the console.
    Will we then see the range of WiiU games plummet in price, making Twilight Princess more affordable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, when will the WiiU game rush begin, after Christmas, when the stores no longer get fresh stock of the console.
    Will we then see the range of WiiU games plummet in price, making Twilight Princess more affordable?

Possibly, but that'll be the calm before the storm, I can see collecting for the Wii U becoming VERY expensive sooner rather than later

• Advertisement

PAPMARCSWIIU.jpg

Paper Mario: ColoUr Splash (Nintendo Wii U) is £29.99 on Base.com for those of you interested in buying it. It's not a bargain per se but it is the cheapest price around for the last Nintendo developed and published Wii U exclusive. It comes to €37 with delivery. I'm paying in Sterling as I think my bank will give a more favourable exchange rate than what the site does paying in Euros.

I'm still not convinced on whether this game will be great but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. The spelling of "ColoUr" really bugs me. We've to go with 1 countries wrong spelling as opposed to the other 60+ countries correct spelling around the world. Also, it would have allowed for a symmetrical game logo both in size and colour instead of what we have. Reviews are still a little under 2 weeks away.

http://www.base.com/buy/product/paper-mario-color-splash-nintendo-wii-u/dgc-papmarcswiiu.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

^^^ The irony of your reason for editing! :D

I can see the young Sligeach, tearfully sitting before his Gameboy Color... tippex in hand... trying to fit that extra U in to make it perfect...

Reckon African American Friday be the day all us non U union folks sign up to the big Wii U they should be cheap enough to buy then. 9 weeks until then.

How much is cheap though?

It's a little ridiculous you can check an Xbox One S + 3 games for less than a Wii U right now, or an equivalent PS4 slim deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've been saving up for one so maybe I should be getting it soon. Any differences in models to watch out for? Afaik the white has less memory hasn't it?

I've been saving up for one so maybe I should be getting it soon. Any differences in models to watch out for? Afaik the white has less memory hasn't it?

Yeah, but they are seldom seen.
    By the same token you end up supplementing even the 32gb WiiU with a external drive anyway.
    Watch Adverts though, that's where the bargains are.
    As said, the hardware seems resistant to price drops in store.

Other small differences are the white model doesn't come with the little white console stands. It doesn't come with either of the gamepad stands and dependent on which model of the white Wii U you buy, it doesn't come with the sensor bar. That's about it I think. There was also a Deluxe model €5 voucher promotion but that's irrelevant now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Thanks you two, I know I always ask a million questions in general but I'd like knowing what to look out for.
    I remember I bought the first version psp and then held the second model and was raging, it was so light, things happened anyway and I ended up with the lighter one thankfully.

• Advertisement

I can't wait for Friday, as sad as that is for a 44 year old man, husband and father.
    Pikmin 3 getting a rerelease and Fast Racing Neo a physical release too.
    I just hope Smyth's or Argos will have the latter in stock, I've a feeling in me water it might not be a well stocked title.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement