Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    which would be great if I had mates who owned a WiiU... or even had mates :(
    :eek: :(
    I've seen the same First World Problem with niche releases on the PS3 and 360, where a Shmup like Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets is released for the 360 in Japan and cost a fortune, and looks like this...
    In fairness, I think this cover (either version) calls for 'discrete packaging'...
    For shame sir! And to think you belittled those playing Senran Kagura...

(Rightfully so, but I downloaded it, so avoided the shame portrayed in its adverts!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    :eek: :(

In fairness, I think this cover (either version) calls for 'discrete packaging'...
    For shame sir! And to think you belittled those playing Senran Kagura...

(Rightfully so, but I downloaded it, so avoided the shame portrayed in its adverts!)

I own Senran Kagura for the 3DS... a physical copy... barely played...
    Or should that say, played while bare ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

The best part of Senran Kagura was I gave one of the characters double eye patches.
    http://i.imgur.com/QNdPCog.jpg
    (It's sfw, I just dunno how big the image was)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The best part of Senran Kagura was I gave one of the characters double eye patches.

QNdPCogm.jpg

Just stick an m at the end of the imgr address, just before the .jpg and you'll make it a medium sized thumbnail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

QNdPCogm.jpg

Just stick an m at the end of the imgr address, just before the .jpg and you'll make it a medium sized thumbnail.
    Learn something new everyday, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

QNdPCogl.jpg

Coolest shades evar!

(Used FeRmEnTeDaPpLeMaN's "m" type url, but changed it to "l" and it came up a decent size!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Safe for work, have you no shame!!!

Jebus we need a no chat and a chat bargains page at this rate, thank the gods for liberal mods. ;)

Argos got Pikmin 3, Mario 3d World, Captain Toad and Mario Party selects.

Pikmin 3 http://checkargos.com/product/5698826

Looks like I'll have to go online to find Fast Racing Neo though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

would you not just buy it on the estore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

For some reason I had it in my head the selects were coming in at €20. Did I mix that up with £20?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

RedXIV wrote: »
    For some reason I had it in my head the selects were coming in at €20. Did I mix that up with £20?

£20 should be €25 not 28.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

£20 should be €25 not 28.

To the internet I shall go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,019 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Base has the best price with delivery for Fast Racing Neo. It's £17.99(€21.77) and delivery is about €1.56. The 2 indie Selects games are slightly more expensive than the 1st party games no matter where you look.

http://www.base.com/buy/product/fast-racing-neo-eshop-selects-ninendo-wii-u/dgc-fstnselwiiu.htm

They were also selling the new Selects games cheapish but all they've left is Mario Party 10. Not surprised that didn't sell out.

http://www.base.com/buy/product/mario-party-10-wii-u-selects/dgc-marprts10.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm curious how good this Fast Racing Neo is, because I have heard 0% discussion about in and place other than this topic.

Looking forward to picking up Pikmin 3 when I get around to filling my Wii U collection with wonderfully sleeved selects titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

I'm curious how good this Fast Racing Neo is, because I have heard 0% discussion about in and place other than this topic.

I've heard it's a spiritual successor to F-Zero, but like, it's still a racing game at the end of the day surely..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The videos I've seen suggest it's a blatant Wipeout rip off, in the best possible sense. Will probably pick it up on physical release too.

I checked out both GS and Smyth's, none of the Selects range in this morning, or even on order.
    I checked out Argos and they had Pikmin 3 for €27.99.
    While sitting outside the shopping centre I said "feck it" to myself, logged onto Amazon and got both Pikmin 3 and Fast Racing Neo for €45, posted.
    Should have them in a couple of days.
    The videos I've seen suggest it's a blatant Wipeout rip off, in the best possible sense. Will probably pick it up on physical release too.

^^This^^
    The game is a complete "homage" to the Wipeout series, nothing in common with FZero bar it's a futuristic racing game.
    The vehicle designs are straight lifts from the Psygnosis originated series, only one of which appeared on Nintendo hardware, Wipeout 64, a remix of Wipeout 2097, which itself appeared on the PS, PC and Saturn.
    Seeing as Sony have shuttered the once Psygnosis, then Sony Liverpool, there won't be any more Wipeout games after the wonderful PS3/Vita titles, and this is the only way to get a fix.
    I'm told some ex-Wipeout devs are on the Fast Racing Neo team, it's just a pity they couldn't come up with a better title for the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

i have fast racing neo, its very good, its more a kin to wipeout than fzero but has some elements of fzero

For future reference, to those of you wondering if Argos will be stocking an upcoming game check the .co.uk website for a listing about a week or two before its release date. If it's there then it'll more than likely be in Irish Argos stores. The thing is Argos Ireland don't list the game until day of release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Looking forward to picking up Pikmin 3 when I get around to filling my Wii U collection with wonderfully sleeved selects titles.

It's feckin brilliant. So addictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

If you're a digital purchase type person and have some My Nintendo gold (30 coins), then those four titles can be had for 20% off or 20 euros each.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

So tempted, but the physical copy calls to me too! Gah decisions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Got a Pokemon alpha sapphire for €10 in tesco today and a Mario kart. Seems they're clearing off the games for a tenner now.
    If anyone finds a Mario kart 7 or Mario Galaxy please oh please do a swap or a buy.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Got a Pokemon alpha sapphire for €10 in tesco today and a Mario kart. Seems they're clearing off the games for a tenner now.
    If anyone finds a Mario kart 7 or Mario Galaxy please oh please do a swap or a buy.

Was it a copy of MK8 you got or the Wii game? I only found one Tesco with Nintendo products and they were all muck. Awful Wii games at €60. Should have taken some photos. That was a month ago now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

sligeach wrote: »
    Was it a copy of MK8 you got or the Wii game? I only found one Tesco with Nintendo products and they were all muck. Awful Wii games at €60. Should have taken some photos. That was a month ago now.

Tesco prices for games have always been muck, always. The only time it's worth buying games there is during these rare sales. All games new & old a tenner each from this morning (although a muck game still isn't worth a tenner). Best of luck finding anything decent at this late hour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Didn't get any decent Wii U bits in tesco, got some ok 3DS bits though.

Any interest in Galaxy 2 for Alpha Sapphire got a couple of them for €10 each a few days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

sligeach wrote: »
    Wiiu.
    Any interest in Galaxy 2 for Alpha Sapphire got a couple of them for €10 each a few days ago.

Would prefer to buy it off you if you've a spare.

• Advertisement

Nah would swap rather than sell at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement