Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Not to be a downer, but I seem to recall this happened with the 2013 sale and none of it went through.

Went through for me in the law and rush. Got paper Mario and a few other bits that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sligeach wrote: »
    I've a click and collect order with Tesco for tomorrow. I'm bringing a cannister of petrol and a box of matches with me in case they try to renege on it.

I did that a couple of years ago when the great 1c game hunt was on. They didn't supply ANY of the games that were listed in stock at the time of the order. And, they're not required to apparently. Bring a lighter - your rage-filled hands will be shaking too much for matches.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Banjo wrote: »
    ...your rage-filled hands will be shaking too much for matches.

That made me laugh out loud cheers. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm doing my annual will name my first born sprog after the username that gets me a certain item, this time round it's pokestuffs I'll be wanting. X, OR and AS. Get finding them and I get a contract drawn up and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I put one of those orders in myself, doubt it'll go through.

• Advertisement

I put one of those orders in myself, doubt it'll go through.

6c5ec5f085d422edb8b293f0c71190d3ea8a5b49009276b8735ac361f5603864.jpg

Have a little faith, oh it would be nice...

My pick up slot is 9am, so we'll see in 46 minutes...

Completely sold out apparently. Shocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,019 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

My pick up slot is 9am, so we'll see in 46 minutes...

Don't bother. It's cancelled. I just got a phone call from them saying my order was cancelled.

I'm leaving the petrol at home and bringing this instead.
    13u7A5wUIxtDjy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Well that store better be playing fire water burn when you are leaving. The roof the roof the roof is on fire we dont need no water let the mother lover burn burn mother lover burn.

• Advertisement

My order is still active for delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    My order is still active for delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Me too, expecting nothing but will be nice to know if it works :)

You'd think Tesco would take down the links if they've no stock of said products but they haven't. In fact they've added 10 more products since yesterday.

RedXIV wrote: »
    Me too, expecting nothing but will be nice to know if it works :)

I'm 100% confident I'll be posting on here no matter what happens but I'm sure I'll be getting something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

From hukdeals http://www.thegamecollection.net/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-wii-u.html?tduid=8b4ee8885c66abb5b9fdbd6cd1d84eb5

Tokyo mirage sessions is a pretty good game worth playing, i really enjoyed it the songs were catchy its colourful, funny and the battling was good, probably the last best wiiu game before zelda comes out.
    34.50 euro before delivery, worth picking up if you have a wiiu.

The thing with Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is that its price now has only entered the real world. It was a rip-off to start with and the Fortissimo Edition was scandalous. Both in terms of price and availability. Nintendo created a scalpers paradise with that.
    "probably the last best wiiu game before zelda comes out."

Ahem! I should be getting Paper Mario: ColoUr Splash in the post tomorrow. A brand new, day 1 release that costs the same price as TMS#FE only now, and that came out months ago and completely bombed by the way.

It's sold out and there's still 8 and half hours left on the deal, could have been gone sooner, I only just checked now. I wonder if they had many copies set aside. This happens with other games and then it's back in stock the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Perhaps the wrong statement to choose was last best wiiu game, i know it didnt do well in sales, it didnt do bad in reviews tho, i still say its worth picking up. Especially at the price it was going at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Can someone help me out? Does Mario tennis ultra smash on the Wii U have a manual?

Pweese

• Advertisement

Danonino. wrote: »
    Can someone help me out? Does Mario tennis ultra smash on the Wii U have a manual?

Pweese

No I wouldn't think so. The early games came with a single sheet "manual" and depending on the game, maybe a Club Nintendo points card. Now, most games just come with the grey Important Information booklet. I have the game myself but I've no interest in breaking the seal to find out.
    s-l300.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Nintendo have PDF manuals on their site, here's Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash - Manual (PDF, 1161 kB)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

No I wouldn't think so. The early games came with a single sheet "manual" and depending on the game, maybe a Club Nintendo points card. Now, most games just come with the grey Important Information booklet. I have the game myself but I've no interest in breaking the seal to find out.
    s-l300.jpg

Thanks dude :)

Danonino. wrote: »
    Thanks dude :)

Is it that you're looking to buy it or do you want to learn all the moves? I presumed you're looking to buy it secondhand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

In any Wii U game, press the home button, and there'll be a software manual option there!

Shock horror, trsco cancelled my online order. They said no stock but i know the real reason was miles' lack of faith.
    Damn you morales!

Shock horror, taco cancelled my online order. They said no stock but i know the real reason was miles' lack of faith.
    Damn you morales!

There's your problem right there. You thought you were ordering Mexican food. Did you ask for Super Salsa Burrito's on Wii U? ;)

Edit: If it wasn't limited to just the eShop you could have ordered Guacamole! Salsa Tortillas Championship Edition.

There's your problem right there. You thought you were ordering Mexican food. Did you ask for Super Salsa Burrito's on Wii U? ;)

I edited it but I still got it wrong. Quick someone blow into me and stick me back in.

Shock horror, trsco cancelled my online order. They said no stock but i know the real reason was miles' lack of faith.
    Damn you morales!

I'm a necessary evil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,264 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I edited it but I still got it wrong. Quick someone blow into me and stick me back in.

Glad I'm of a pure mind and couldn't take that post completely out of context.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement