Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Christ, I never looked at the shipping! Good save!
    It's £14.94 on Amazon from a "fulfilled by" supplier - even with supersaver it comes in over VGB + PM. But you have the security of knowing you can blame Amazon if it goes wrong....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭Nollog

Banjo wrote: »
    Smash Bros is a different kind of game... this is good old fashioned punching-in-the-face action, with occasional kicking through a building or smashing a bin on the head asides. The plot is - once you accept the super-human powers, parallel dimensions, doppelgangers, crazy pseudo-science and the terrible (well, relative to Arkham Asylum) Joker voice over and scripting - pretty interesting stuff if you like your Elseworlds. Has a bit of a Kingdom Come vibe about it.

I'm rubbish at fighting games, and don't play professionally or anything. I cannot speak for the combo system or hit box accuracy or timing, but the fights feel pretty visceral, this is not a fun kablammo! Bosh! Smackeroo! fight, it's knives in an alley and knuckles through cartilage. The specials are good fun for the most part, and there's a kind of showdown system where you can bet a chunk of your special meter to hit harder / recover health - and when you kick it off, the two characters will normally say something relevant to their opponent. Looks great and if timed right can turn the flow of the game. There's an issue with DLC though, I don't think it's available in Ireland, you may have to create an account on your WiiU with UK as it's region, then connect to the eShop. Haven't tried that yet. But would be worth it for Lobo and Scorpion from MK :)

For that price, I'd say give it a go. You can always flip it for a good chunk of what you paid.
    CEX buy for €11

Edit - with one Caveat - an enterprising sort on HUKD looked up VideoGameBox.co.uk's returns address. You can see it here :
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tomb-raider-definitive-edition-xbox-one-29-71-videogamebox-using-code-below-1807517
    It appears to be a recycling bin in front of a gateway to The Land of the Lost.

EDIT 2 - As Druss points out on the next page, shipping to ireland is prohibitive. You could fly there Ryanair for that kind of money! Parcel Motel it if you're using them. Druss, you Legend!

Also they take your money on order.
    Not the best for pre-orders.
    I'll wait for another hut or zavvi coupon code, I have a pre-order of mk8 at thehut i think for around 40 euro with a coupon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Even more good eShop News! And stolen even more shamelessly from HUKD!

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Wii U and 3DS eShop sale

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-wii-u-29-99-3ds-23-99-eshop-sale-1807512

Now that Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate has been announced exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS for 2015, it appears that Capcom wants to capitalise on Monster Hunter interest with a sale until February 6.

Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom) - €35.99/£29.99 (Ends February 6, normally €59.99/£49.99

3DS - Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom) - €26.99/£23.99 (Ends February 6, normally €44.99/£39.99)

Such a ripoff, MH3 on NA store is about 15 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Na store??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Na store??

North America

• Advertisement

Deano7788 wrote: »
    North America

Ah right sorry... thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭Nollog

And I think it's $20 for either one, rather than two different prices?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

i presume there's a region lock?

My Amazonsense is tingling!

Pikmin 3 £22
    Wonderful 101 £25
    Mario and Luigi Dream Team £22

Edit - also, the Count Duckula complete collection for under £13 :)

Argos have also dropped the price of Pikmin (not quite as cheap, unless you go for delivery on Amazon) if you want to go local
    Argos - Pikmin 3 - €28
    Stock Check!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is Monster Hunter worth it though? It may as well be full price as I'll seemingly need to hunt down a circle pad pro also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

My Amazonsense is tingling!

Pikmin 3 £22
    Wonderful 101 £25
    Mario and Luigi Dream Team £22

Edit - also, the Count Duckula complete collection for under £13 :)

Argos have also dropped the price of Pikmin (not quite as cheap, unless you go for delivery on Amazon) if you want to go local
    Argos - Pikmin 3 - €28
    Stock Check!

I really want to play Pikmin but with so many other games to get through first I think I'll wait another 3-6 months before getting it. I think it'll drop in price further.

I want the new Sonic game more to be honest even though I'm sure most hate it. But it was that hate for it that I thought might have it drop in price by this stage but it still seems to have held value dam it!

chrislad wrote: »
    Is Monster Hunter worth it though? It may as well be full price as I'll seemingly need to hunt down a circle pad pro also.

That's a difficult question to answer.
    I would say yes. So would a large amount of other players. But if you'd asked me after I played the demo I'd have said no.

Evangelize go!

OK, download the demo for your chosen platform. But don't play it yet.
    First, prepare yourself.
    Rest. Eat a meal. Clear your mind of all thought.

Feeling better? It's time to fire it up.
    Choose your weapon. I recommend the Long Sword (the long one, not the f'ing huge one). The hunt is on!

Now, remember, this game is about scavenging, crafting and beating the crap out of giant monsters. Scavenge a little. Learn to make potions (Blue mushroom + herb, then Potion + honey = big potion. You're welcome) and Paintballs. Take out your sword and swing it around a little. Make sure you can roll, do the fade-swing that lets you side-step while chopping, that kind of thing.

Practice by finding a big docile herbivore, kill it, then scavenge it's corpse for meat. Cook and eat that meat. All that practice will have made you hungry and damaged your stamina. Cook any left-over meat, you might get hungry againlater.

Now you are ready.

Find the big feck-off monster on the map. Hit him with that paintball you made earlier, so you can see him on the map for a while.

Let him come at you. Dodge and roll and sidestep. Don't worry about hitting him, let him try to hit you and make sure he fails. Learn his attacks. Are you starting to see the patterns? Good. Take a few swings.

After a while, you'll be dodging everything and then hitting hard with a flurry of blows. You'll be fired up and he'll be dribbling. He might even start limping, and slink off to another part of the map. Sharpen your blade, check your health and stamina, then follow him. Watch for new attacks, fits of temper and keep working on wearing him down.

Eventually, you will triumph. When you do, either you will feel awesome, or you will feel nothing.

If nothing, don't buy.
    If awesome, buy. Because this is just the tip of the iceberg, baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Good post banjo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Okay not buying any more games for a while until I clear some of my backlog.

Oh look, Wonderful 101 has decreased in my basket.

I'm not buying any more games starting now!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057137260

Want a WiiU? In Galway? Read that thread :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057137260

Want a WiiU? In Galway? Read that thread :D

Wow that is cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

CEX have monster hunter on Wii u for €30, 1 copy in stillorgan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Went in half's on one of those Wii U's With the OH today. Cheers for that

Wii_U.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

sweetie wrote: »
    CEX have monster hunter on Wii u for €30, 1 copy in stillorgan

€35.99 from eShop

• Advertisement

AmazonWatch
    Nintendoland bundle back down to £199.99. Check your local Currys/PCWorld for the €179.99 option first! The Lego City / Rayman pack is £239.99, but that's £40 extra to upgrade one game and get another that's only worth £16.99 - see below. While both games are excellent, can't help feeling you might be better off trading in Nintendoland yourself and sourcing the games seperately (eg Gamestop for Lego City, Amazon for Rayman, basically you get the same pack plus Nintendoland for the same price).

Rayman back down to £16.99 - it's sometimes cheaper elsewhere but sometimes reliability and SuperSaver makes it worth the extra.

Lego Batman 2 has been hovering around the £20-22 mark the last couple of days. Ended up getting it on the 3DS in the Tesco €5 blitz so no longer bothered myself.

Also, if you like boobs and punching things in the face, Zavvi have Senran Kagura Burst on pre-order for £24 with a 10% off code (PRE10) on top, saving at least £5 on the Amazon price - £5 you should spend on therapy. €28.13 the way they convert it.

Misprice in Argos St Stephen's Green, Wii U Party with black Wii Remote came in as 39.99 when I went to pay today after reserving online. Still 43.99 is good value but if you can find the misprice in store then go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

At least one Wii U nintendoland premium pack in PC world in Liffey valley retail park at 179.99!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Black Premium Pack + Nintendoland in Smyths @ €224.99

http://www.toys.ie/Wii-U-Console--Black-Premium-Pack--Nintendoland-!125012-prd.aspx

ZombiU pack now £240 on amazon, but given the price of a pro controller and ZombiU itself it seems like a fair price at best

Edit : you might remember this link
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_174451787_17?ie=UTF8&docId=1000758923&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0B80TWPRA9MD6SNG0X0S&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=460989447&pf_rd_i=11056131&tag=ho01f-21&mforwarded=true&tag=ho01f-21
    Add zombiu/splinter cell and rayman/acIII/sonic racing to your £199 console fer nothin

Lego marvel is £24.99 which is a price match with Game, though it was £22 earlier according to HUKD :'(

ZombiU pack now £240 on amazon, but given the price of a pro controller and ZombiU itself it seems like a fair price at best

Edit : you might remember this link
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_174451787_17?ie=UTF8&docId=1000758923&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0B80TWPRA9MD6SNG0X0S&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=460989447&pf_rd_i=11056131&tag=ho01f-21&mforwarded=true&tag=ho01f-21
    Add zombiu/splinter cell and rayman/acIII/sonic racing to your £199 console fer nothin

Lego marvel is £24.99 which is a price match with Game, though it was £22 earlier according to HUKD :'(
    Lego marvel is a game i desperately want played the demo on xbox one and its absolutely majestic... great little game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Just back from picking up a 3ds xl and link between worlds. Will be following this thread!

TPD wrote: »
    Just back from picking up a 3ds xl and link between worlds. Will be following this thread!

Would love a 3ds xl but cant afford one right now :(

Shameless lazy HUKD repost
    http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/batman-arkham-origins-wii-u-inc-preorder-dlc-for-16-99-zavvi-ebay-1813471
    Arkham Origins WiiU £16.99
    I didn't even click it it to check the euro price. I'm having a rest :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭lumo22

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement