Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

sligeach wrote: »
    There's your problem right there. You thought you were ordering Mexican food. Did you ask for Super Salsa Burrito's on Wii U? ;)

Edit: If it wasn't limited to just the eShop you could have ordered Guacamole! Salsa Tortillas Championship Edition.

Just Salsa WiiU 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Is it that you're looking to buy it or do you want to learn all the moves? I presumed you're looking to buy it secondhand.

Yarp, was buying secondhand. Every GC/Wii/WiiU game I have are complete, not gonna start missing inserts now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

http://www.thegamecollection.net/captain-toad-treasure-tracker-wii-u.html?tduid=2ee02da8f7f64ee7cb7b109b145ac44f
    Captain Toad for £14.95 from TGC. Assuming you missed it in Argos recently.
    The image shows the original, not the Classics range cover.

Where's the best place to get the new big box kirby game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dont know if anyone has mentioned it but Argos has Paper Mario: Colour Splash in stock for only €44. Not bad for a release day price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Banjo wrote: »
    http://www.thegamecollection.net/captain-toad-treasure-tracker-wii-u.html?tduid=2ee02da8f7f64ee7cb7b109b145ac44f
    Captain Toad for £14.95 from TGC. Assuming you missed it in Argos recently.
    The image shows the original, not the Classics range cover.
    Thanks Banjo, just got a Wii U this week so very handy :)
    Still deva I missed Tokyo Mirage :( anyone seen it for 35ish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/nintendo-wii-u/wu181-star-fox-guard

5 for star fox guard isn't bad.
    Delivery is 4, so parcel motel/others might be better.

it sucks that they have to ship you the code in a box. But then I'm sure there are people on this board that would pay for the box to put their code in :D

Banjo wrote: »
    it sucks that they have to ship you the code in a box. But then I'm sure there are people on this board that would pay for the box to put their code in :D

I'd sell any possible future first born child for it be in a cardboard box. Bring back Snes style boxes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Banjo wrote:
    it sucks that they have to ship you the code in a box. But then I'm sure there are people on this board that would pay for the box to put their code in

Any family/friends in UK?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sweetie wrote: »
    Any family/friends in UK?

You think I could have friends? Aw, that's sweet!
    (explains the user name)

I think it got called out before but Base have the Darksiders 1 remaster for £12.85 which, depending on when you order it and what shenanigans the Brexiteers are up to could be anything from €5 to €20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

My local gamestop have a Used 3ds Selects version of Mario Sticker Star for 45 , where do people come up with these prices....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

HelgaWard wrote: »

You can get it cheaper now its gone on the selects range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,019 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Smyths in the UK are charging £17.99 which is just under €20. But of course we've to be screwed so slap another €5 on the game and slap the Irish consumer in the face.

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-tablets/nintendo-wii-wii-u/c-745/wii-u-games/p-2433/super-mario-3d-world-wii-u/

There's people like that all over Adverts. The ads on there are infuriating. Like a Zelda Wii U bundle for €190. They bought it a day earlier from another seller for €160 with a couple of games. So they've stripped the games from it plus they're charging €30 more for less content. I'd love to tell all these people where they can go.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

I reckon in a few months Wii Us will be less then €100 on Adverts. As soon as the NX comes out. Look at the price of a wii - €20 with games. Patience ... patience ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

There's people like that all over Adverts. The ads on there are infuriating. Like a Zelda Wii U bundle for €190. They bought it a day earlier from another seller for €160 with a couple of games. So they've stripped the games from it plus they're charging €30 more for less content. I'd love to tell all these people where they can go.

I got the new xbox one s with fifa 17. Sold fifa 17 for €40 on adverts, that was the going rate. Some gobsh1te put it up for €65 and got offered full price from a girl who was buying it as a present for her boyfriend. I had to say something, it was her first time using adverts, he was blatantly ripping her off, it's cheaper new. He ended up reducing the price, then withdrew the ad. Fu*k him, I've no time for that nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

alekito wrote: »
    I reckon in a few months Wii Us will be less then €100 on Adverts. As soon as the NX comes out. Look at the price of a wii - €20 with games. Patience ... patience ...

I know but unfortunately have to get one for my son by next Wednesday. Luckily I'm near the border so can get one up North a but cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Liveline I see were talking about the huge disparities between Irish and UK prices. We are being ripped off and it's not right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I got the new xbox one s with fifa 17. Sold fifa 17 for €40 on adverts, that was the going rate. Some gobsh1te put it up for €65 and got offered full price from a girl who was buying it as a present for her boyfriend. I had to say something, it was her first time using adverts, he was blatantly ripping her off, it's cheaper new. He ended up reducing the price, then withdrew the ad. Fu*k him, I've no time for that nonsense.

Did he sell the copy you sold? Or it was just a copy he had? If it was a completely different copy, as much as it's gouging and we hope no one buys them, I'm not sure commenting on it would be the way to go. I think I sell things pretty fair prices on there, but you always get some who will be giving their own valuations and annoyed I won't sell it to them. People can sell for whatever price they want on there on their own ads and as infuriating it is to see resellers and gougers, people should be looking the prices of things up already. You were doing the right thing technically of course, but I do dislike comments that are neither a genuine question about the item or an offer. I know it'd annoy me on my ad, even though I don't sell things for those prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

^ Gizmo55 definitely did the right thing, it's good to point out blatant rip-offs. And you'd be right to be annoyed if someone posted a comment on your page highlighting that it can be bought cheaper in the shop, because it should annoy the person who's blatantly trying to ripoff someone for a fast buck, they deserve to be annoyed by people with good intentions. /rant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Corholio wrote: »
    Did he sell the copy you sold? Or it was just a copy he had? If it was a completely different copy, as much as it's gouging and we hope no one buys them, I'm not sure commenting on it would be the way to go. I think I sell things pretty fair prices on there, but you always get some who will be giving their own valuations and annoyed I won't sell it to them. People can sell for whatever price they want on there on their own ads and as infuriating it is to see resellers and gougers, people should be looking the prices of things up already. You were doing the right thing technically of course, but I do dislike comments that are neither a genuine question about the item or an offer. I know it'd annoy me on my ad, even though I don't sell things for those prices.

I did think twice about commenting on it of course, but it was clear that a lot of us had bought the new xbox one s that week with fifa 17 as it had just been released and had digital copies of fifa 17 that we weren't going to use. Everyone had the ad up for €50 and were letting it go for €40. I completely understand what you're saying about spoiling someone's ad but it was clear someone was getting ripped off. He managed to get my comments deleted but other people who I don't know commented the next day. I'm just glad that girl didn't get ripped off is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I miss the days when Adverts was actually managed in a way that was good for the users, rather than what will make money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

^ Gizmo55 definitely did the right thing, it's good to point out blatant rip-offs. And you'd be right to be annoyed if someone posted a comment on your page highlighting that it can be bought cheaper in the shop, because it should annoy the person who's blatantly trying to ripoff someone for a fast buck, they deserve to be annoyed by people with good intentions. /rant :)

I diagree. I know the sentiment was 100% there of course, but ads on Adverts are peoples own ads, some don't seem to get that. I'd be annoyed if someone posted any comment that wasn't either a genuine question or an offer, just those and nothing else, otherwise it's open to all sorts of crap like item is fake.......its cheaper in Argos........is the bike you had on still available........Ill give you 20, thats all its worth etc etc. Its also the point that some dont want to pay anything near market value or even a cheaper than market value price, so they'll bid 20 for an 80 euro game, it's a lot of nonsense that doesn't need to happen. I understand the sentiment was good but I wouldn't agree with commenting like that because then it's free for all to comment anything you want on peoples ads that are their own.

It's like those who see a bargain that they have been late to see and well down the line of offers so they comment something like 'Its worth more than that, I wouldn't sell it for what you're asking', and the seller a lot of the time withdraws it. The annoying fake good samaritan type. Drives me mad on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

If you're going to try and make a quick profit by buying up all of the stock in a Tesco flash sale at the expense of an inexperienced customer, a few informative comments explaining the situation to potential buyers is the least you should expect and deserve!

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

OK hope this concludes the Brain Trust discussions on ethics or lack thereof on adverts. Back to bargain hunting please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Considering adverts isn't a free service anymore, the service/lack of oversight feels even more rubbish to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement