Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,019 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - Limited Edition (Includes Wolf Link amiibo & Soundtrack CD) Wii U is £36.99(€42.19 by their rates) on Zavvi.

http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-limited-edition-includes-wolf-link-amiibo-soundtrack-cd/11199460.html

A word of advice, don't pay in Euro on these UK sites if they give you an option. They screw you over on the exchange rate even if it's not that bad in this case. Let your bank handle it and you'll get a fairer rate. Postage is free or there's a tracking option. You can pay £3 or you can pay €4. Even on something so small you get screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Corholio wrote: »
    I diagree. I know the sentiment was 100% there of course, but ads on Adverts are peoples own ads, some don't seem to get that. I'd be annoyed if someone posted any comment that wasn't either a genuine question or an offer, just those and nothing else, otherwise it's open to all sorts of crap like item is fake.......its cheaper in Argos........is the bike you had on still available........Ill give you 20, thats all its worth etc etc. Its also the point that some dont want to pay anything near market value or even a cheaper than market value price, so they'll bid 20 for an 80 euro game, it's a lot of nonsense that doesn't need to happen. I understand the sentiment was good but I wouldn't agree with commenting like that because then it's free for all to comment anything you want on peoples ads that are their own.

It's like those who see a bargain that they have been late to see and well down the line of offers so they comment something like 'Its worth more than that, I wouldn't sell it for what you're asking', and the seller a lot of the time withdraws it. The annoying fake good samaritan type. Drives me mad on there.

Ah don't give me the 'fake good samaritan' bolloc*s. I didn't like seeing a new user paying €25 over the odds. There were at least 10 ads up for €50 which were selling for €40 then that chancer was selling for €65 with it initally being a non-negotiable price til he changed it.

Back to the bargains, Tropical Freeze is €21.79 on cd keys
    http://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/wii-u-games/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-nintendo-wii-u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

sligeach wrote: »
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - Limited Edition (Includes Wolf Link amiibo & Soundtrack CD) Wii U is £36.99(€42.19 by their rates) on Zavvi.

http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-limited-edition-includes-wolf-link-amiibo-soundtrack-cd/11199460.html

A word of advice, don't pay in Euro on these UK sites if they give you an option. They screw you over on the exchange rate even if it's not that bad in this case. Let your bank handle it and you'll get a fairer rate. Postage is free or there's a tracking option. You can pay £3 or you can pay €4. Even on something so small you get screwed.

I've been waiting to get both the game and my first amiibo so it's €4 delivery with parcel motel. Many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Ah don't give me the 'fake good samaritan' bolloc*s. I didn't like seeing a new user paying €25 over the odds. There were at least 10 ads up for €50 which were selling for €40 then that chancer was selling for €65 with it initally being a non-negotiable price til he changed it.

Back to the bargains, Tropical Freeze is €21.79 on cd keys
    http://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/wii-u-games/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-nintendo-wii-u

You misunderstood that. That was a different example of whats wrong on adverts, that wasn't about you. Thats why it was in a different paragraph.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I've been waiting to get both the game and my first amiibo so it's €4 delivery with parcel motel. Many thanks.

They have free shipping or a tracking option. The €4 I quoted wasn't for Parcel Motel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

I think if you set up an account on Zavvi and use 'WELCOME' you get 10% off. Also if you go through Quidco you get a bit back. I did that and used it to get an Amazon voucher.

I think Zavvi do free delivery ... I think ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

alekito wrote: »
    I think if you set up an account on Zavvi and use 'WELCOME' you get 10% off. Also if you go through Quidco you get a bit back. I did that and used it to get an Amazon voucher.

I think Zavvi do free delivery ... I think ...

Fatcheese is like quidco but has a .ie

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Fatcheese is like quidco but has a .ie

Yes, but good luck getting any money out of Fat Cheese. I've been waiting 6 months. No cash back, no answers to emails.

bkrangle wrote: »

It's £30 in the UK. Which is about €33.50.

Smyths are as bad as Gamestop for ripping people off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

They're selling it for about half the RRP?!??! Cheaper than what you'll pay for it on Amazon at the moment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was thinking of picking up Dimensions but... Do I really want to collect another load of toys to life stuff?
    It certainly looks like it'll be the last one standing of the non Amiibo titles in the genre but, the expense!
    Perhaps, for the Portal pack it might be worth it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was thinking of picking up Dimensions but... Do I really want to collect another load of toys to life stuff?
    It certainly looks like it'll be the last one standing of the non Amiibo titles in the genre but, the expense!
    Perhaps, for the Portal pack it might be worth it....

Get what you like there is an in game option for renting characters you don't actually have and it's Lego part of the fun is actually making the figures

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Get what you like there is an in game option for renting characters you don't actually have and it's Lego part of the fun is actually making the figures

Sadly, as a 44 year old, while games are still in my life making Lego models is not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You're (almost) never too old for LEGO!

b2113afb9d4056e8edc7b2baa3cd660ec3d47b5d44be6563c098ca51e89e3c3b_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Star Lord wrote: »
    You're (almost) never too old for LEGO!

<HUUUGE IMAGE>

If I ever make it to 100, I'll refute that image.

At that age, the risk is eating them, and you don't want to be doing a pharyngeal sweep for a block gone where it shouldn't.
    At the very least, it's easier on a 100 year old than on a 3 year old, as the 100 year old is unlikely to have teeth that can hurt you... as opposed to the razors in the child's mouth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm 114 at last check and I love me some lego even got The Dark Lord in a lego dimensions set yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It's not often I meet people less cool than me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

So much halloween virtual console games to be gotten on sale this week. Really want some ,2 maybe 3 tops but cant decide.

Never played any of ghouls and goblins,the original castlevanias or gargoyle quests.
    Any suggestions which I should get?
    I've never actually played games older than the gba so this sale seems like a good place to start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Let us know when it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,264 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well that won't happen in the Nintendo forum anyway. If you were in the XBox forum however...

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

EmcD123 wrote: »
    So much halloween virtual console games to be gotten on sale this week. Really want some ,2 maybe 3 tops but cant decide.

Never played any of ghouls and goblins,the original castlevanias or gargoyle quests.
    Any suggestions which I should get?
    I've never actually played games older than the gba so this sale seems like a good place to start

Gargoyle's Quest 1 on Gameboy is super good. Never played the rest of them. I hear they're all great though and very different from each other. The first though is kind of like an RPG-y platformer where you augment your ability to jump/hover/wallcling/shoot fireballs by completing quests and bosses. These allow you to progress further and access more of past levels as your Gargoyle improves. You access stages by travelling on a Final Fantasy like worldmap with towns and stuff.

It's a cool game, I've never played anything exactly like it before.

The Castlevania Games are generally all great. They're like Metroid with a medival/magic coat of paint.

I can't comment on any of the ones on sale specifically, because they look like older titles, and I only really got into the series on the GBA/DS, which are games I think are fantastic.

Ghosts and Goblins/Ghouls and Ghosts claim to fame iirc is being bollocks hard.

The main difficulties comes from the fact that unlike Mario, you can't alter your trajectory in the air after jumping (you do have a double jump to try to offset this) and even though you have a lot of freedom as you play through it with interchangable weapons and cool armours that power them up etc, when you get to the end of the game, the Princess says "Thanks for slogging through the entire game. Btw, you can't kill the last boss with any normal weapon, only with my magical braclet which I dropped on the way here".

She then teleports you back to the very beginning of the game, at which point you have to play a harder version of the entire game (which was already pretty hard to begin with), and open every weapon chest in the hope of randomly finding her braclet.

The braclet itself functions like a shotgun, in that it does incredible damage up close, but awful damage further than that, and no damage at all at full screen. This is a big change from basically every other weapon that more or less all travel full screen and do consistent damage at every distance.

Once you get it, you have to play through the rest of the game with that one weapon and be sure to never open any more weapon chests in case you accidentally replace it with a standard weapon and are forced to play through the whole game again.

I don't want to sound too super uncool, but the fact I beat Super Ghouls and Ghosts on the Snes is a point of triva about myself I consider quite impressive.

Dammit!

Ghosts and Goblins/Ghouls and Ghosts claim to fame iirc is being bollocks hard.

The main difficulties comes from the fact that unlike Mario, you can't alter your trajectory in the air after jumping (you do have a double jump to try to offset this) and even though you have a lot of freedom as you play through it with interchangable weapons and cool armours that power them up etc, when you get to the end of the game, the Princess says "Thanks for slogging through the entire game. Btw, you can't kill the last boss with any normal weapon, only with my magical braclet which I dropped on the way here".

She then teleports you back to the very beginning of the game, at which point you have to play a harder version of the entire game (which was already pretty hard to begin with), and open every weapon chest in the hope of randomly finding her braclet.

The braclet itself functions like a shotgun, in that it does incredible damage up close, but awful damage further than that, and no damage at all at full screen. This is a big change from basically every other weapon that more or less all travel full screen and do consistent damage at every distance.

Once you get it, you have to play through the rest of the game with that one weapon and be sure to never open any more weapon chests in case you accidentally replace it with a standard weapon and are forced to play through the whole game again.

I don't want to sound too super uncool, but the fact I beat Super Ghouls and Ghosts on the Snes is a point of triva about myself I consider quite impressive.

That sounds like it would be physically and emotionally painful to play....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

So much halloween virtual console games to be gotten on sale this week.

Can we see these online anywhere or console only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,264 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

List is in the sticky at the top of the Nintendo forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101374490&postcount=1339

Some discounts are good this week but most aren't, there's not enough of a discount. They should have knocked 50% off the VC titles. I'm fairly sure I won't be buying anything as a result. It's like trying to squeeze blood from a stone with these "sales". Bayonetta 2 for example, even with the discount is still way more expensive than the physical version. I can buy the double pack Collectors Edition for <€35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

CastorTroy wrote: »
    List is in the sticky at the top of the Nintendo forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101374490&postcount=1339

oh right... thanks. So 2 Nintendo Bargain alert threads I need to follow now ;)

mrcheez wrote: »
    oh right... thanks. So 2 Nintendo Bargain alert threads I need to follow now ;)

MOst of the time those one arent great but every now and then a couple games might be on a good sale. Like Resident evil revelations is on sale for halloween which is a brilliant game for 9 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

That sounds like it would be physically and emotionally painful to play....

I can't argue with that.

I'm heavily biased in favour of it with mixes of nostalgia and the love of a challenging game. It is legitimately very good with cool levels and good music, but the difficulty might be off-putting.

I've literally never met anyone in real life who has beaten it other than me.
    sligeach wrote: »
    I can buy the double pack Collectors Edition for <€35.

Jaysus where?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement