Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I can't argue with that.

I'm heavily biased in favour of it with mixes of nostalgia and the love of a challenging game. It is legitimately very good with cool levels and good music, but the difficulty might be off-putting.

I've literally never met anyone in real life who has beaten it other than me.

Jaysus where?

I think I passed it when I was younger. I vaguely remember doing so but it was no big deal back then so I can't remember it.
    I use to be good at games. Struggled to get past the 3rd last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

No really a bargain alter - but Nintendo will show their new console the NX at 3pm today! Exciting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

alekito wrote: »
    No really a bargain alter - but Nintendo will show their new console the NX at 3pm today! Exciting!

Unexpected. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

Cannot wait!!!

EmcD123 wrote: »
    Cannot wait!!!

Might be time to start checking the price. I pre-ordered a mini NES for €48 before they got really popular. Smyths want €65 for it now.

• Advertisement

Might be time to start checking the price. I pre-ordered a mini NES for €48 before they got really popular. Smyths want €65 for it now.

Where would you get the best price for one of those now? Amazon are out of stock

Where would you get the best price for one of those now? Amazon are out of stock

I got it off Zavvii on pre-order. But they don't take pre-orders now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Amazon have Lego Force Awakens on Wii U for £19.99 and Mighty No. 9 for WiiU for £14.99.
    Nothing stellar but hey, in this post switch reveal world, what's a guy to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Does anyone know if the binding of Isaac is any good on 3Ds? I played it at a friends on his computer and liked it and it's only ~ 8.50 atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,019 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Rorok wrote: »

Their stingy discount sale. :mad: It started on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Rorok wrote: »

Nice if they could put the prices on the list page rather than having to click into each one to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

got the binding of isaac and shovel knight from the sale. for those who dont know them they are both very enjoyable games. binding of isaac is kinda zelda meets smash tv in a very weird setting and shovel knight is like castlevania meets duck tales

magnumbud wrote: »
    got the binding of isaac and shovel knight from the sale. for those who dont know them they are both very enjoyable games. binding of isaac is kinda zelda meets smash tv in a very weird setting and shovel knight is like castlevania meets duck tales

Shovel knight is discounted in the sale????

No.

sligeach wrote: »
    No.

aw..that post really got my hopes up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

aw..that post really got my hopes up...

It's a game you won't mind paying full price for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

yeah it is discounted on the wii u vc. i got it at a discount anyway not sure why others didnt see it as discounted

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Another bargain in GameStop of all places,
    Rhythm Paradise Megamix for €29.99, that's cheaper than the UK price which seems to be coming in around £34.99.
    Picked it up, along with some non Nintendo filth in Argos (DS2 for €18.99)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭robojet

Seems like tesco UK are finally getting the idea. Big basket of Wii games in tesco springhill bangor (Mario galaxy2 w/ dvd for £2 and Metroid trilogy for £3!!!!!!!!). Can anyone confirm if Belfast tesco are doing this too?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

robojet wrote: »
    Seems like tesco UK are finally getting the idea. Big basket of Wii games in tesco springhill bangor (Mario galaxy2 w/ dvd for £2 and Metroid trilogy for £3!!!!!!!!). Can anyone confirm if Belfast tesco are doing this too?????

So they get a better deal than we got? Typical.

Got money to p1$$ away?
    CvjfoYHWgAABVYy.jpg:small

:rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

It's in CEX. They had Metroid Prime Trilogy for €45 as well. Which compared to online prices I guess isn't too bad. They've reduced the Selects range of Wii U games but are still asking for what online retailers charge new.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks like my GameCube collection would pay for my Nintendo Switch, if I was dumb enough to sell them at least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

robojet wrote: »

Prime Trilogy shows up an awful lot in these clearouts for a game that is considered rare and worthy of a premium.

Also, that Thousand Year Door price is just nonsense. It's an absolutely brilliant game and all, but still. It's a weird PAL thing too, the NTSC version generally sells for less than half the price of its European equivalent. Any reason for this? I see no literature that states/implies that it received less of a print run this side of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

Just picked up Zelda Windwaker in argos for the princely sum of €19.25

Most of the other Selects are at €23 but Lego City Undercover is €22. Can be got a little cheaper online I know but much prefer to buy in a B&M and local unless the saving is substantial.

They also have Super Mario 3D World for €25 original not the select version for those who can't handle the red on the case!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ryath wrote: »
    Just picked up Zelda Windwaker in argos for the princely sum of €19.25

Most of the other Selects are at €23 but Lego City Undercover is €22. Can be got a little cheaper online I know but much prefer to buy in a B&M and local unless the saving is substantial.

They also have Super Mario 3D World for €25 original not the select version for those who can't handle the red on the case!

So annoying that Argos don't stock Tropical Freeze selects version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Sorry for request rather than bargain, has anyone seen Mario and Sonic @ Rio 2016 for the Wii U at any kind of reasonable price? Son is looking for it for a certain day in December. Bit loathed to pay 40 plus euro for it especially when I can get my other son Paper Mario Colour Splash for same or maybe even less, but that's the way it's looking at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Seen it on simply games for 34 euro before delivery. Might be cheaper elsewhere tho.

http://www.simplygames.com/p/mario-and-sonic-at-the-rio-2016-olympic-games-nintendo-wii-u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Seen it on simply games for 34 euro before delivery. Might be cheaper elsewhere tho.

http://www.simplygames.com/p/mario-and-sonic-at-the-rio-2016-olympic-games-nintendo-wii-u

Thanks very much for that, I'll have another look tomorrow but will probably go with these.

• Advertisement

Devil's Third Wii U £13 on Amazon Prime. Anybody got Prime? Could the game be that bad? Worth a try ... ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KL1Y6C6/?tag=ho01f-21

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement