Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

alekito wrote: »
    Devil's Third Wii U £13 on Amazon Prime. Anybody got Prime? Could the game be that bad? Worth a try ... ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KL1Y6C6/?tag=ho01f-21

I want to try it, it looks hilariously bad/fun but waiting for it to go mega cheap. Don't have Prime unfortunately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Devil's Third Wii U £13 on Amazon Prime. Anybody got Prime? Could the game be that bad? Worth a try ... ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KL1Y6C6/?tag=ho01f-21

The game's a bit of a farce. The online servers are shutting at the end of December, a year after they first opened. You already can't purchase Golden Eggs, that ended in June. Still, it might be worth money in years to come. I can't remember how much I paid for it, probably something similar.

http://nintendoeverything.com/devils-third-online-multiplayer-shutting-down-at-the-end-of-the-year/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

...and it's worth bearing in mind that the Online was considered the saving grace of the game. So the longer you wait, the more disappointed you're likely to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

It's gone back up in price. £18. For a tenner I might try it. Not much else on Wii U until March. I'm not sure it will ever be worth much money. Paper Mario maybe will be worth more ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

A link between worlds nintendo select for 15.60eur delivered, great price for a great game,close to a modern a link to the past classic. the only thing with zavvi it might be 3 -4 weeks before it arrives. http://www.zavvi.com/games-3ds/nintendo-selects-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/11180757.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I don't know if these count as proper bargain alerts, but I was window shopping for some books for myself for Christmas and did some searching for prices for the following two.

Playing with Power: Nintendo NES Classics (Hardcover , release date 11 Nov 2016) - £16.99

Super-Famicom- The Box Art-Collection (Hardcover) €18.71

Some pictures of the Famicom one here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I hate making posts like this, but does anyone know the cheapest place to get a copy of Animal Crossing new leaf?

It's fine if the eshop is actually best, but I thought I'd check if that dropped in price or made it into the selects range like it had in US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

I hate making posts like this, but does anyone know the cheapest place to get a copy of Animal Crossing new leaf?

It's fine if the eshop is actually best, but I thought I'd check if that dropped in price or made it into the selects range like it had in US.

Probably ebay or amazon is your best bet, I got a used copy recently for 26 off of amazon including shipping

It's getting relaunched in "Amiibo Welcome" packaging. That could be the Selects re-release or an NoE cashgrab to capitalise on the new patch. I notice all the AC Amiibos have jumped in price on Amazon too (many were down in the £3-5 bracket a few months ago).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Find-game.co.uk can be good for price comparison online

http://www.find-game.co.uk/37888-Animal-Crossing-New-Leaf.htm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Argos have also knocked a few quid off it, down to €35.05 at the minute, link.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭robojet

Don't know whether this has been mentioned already or not, but Gamestop are selling the Nintendo 2DS console with either Mario Kart or New Super Mario Bros. 2 pre-installed for € 59.99 brand new. Not bad at all, but beware - the 2DS can't play the SNES Virtual Console games.

This offer is colour-specific, so the white 2DS consoles are still full price, but the black and blue ones are in the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

robojet wrote: »
    Don't know whether this has been mentioned already or not, but Gamestop are selling the Nintendo 2DS console with either Mario Kart or New Super Mario Bros. 2 pre-installed for € 59.99 brand new. Not bad at all, but beware - the 2DS can't play the SNES Virtual Console games.

This offer is colour-specific, so the white 2DS consoles are still full price, but the black and blue ones are in the deal.

Is this price instore only?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 commanderx11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Anyone know the best spot for a 3DS XL?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sticker wrote: »

Wait for Black Friday and pick one up in Amazon or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

sticker wrote: »

Amazon DE warehouse Deals got mine months ago there was less then 150 euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos or Smyths will 100% have offers on the Animal Crossing Happy Home New XL it is currently €240 and hasn't sold in ages so there is a crap load of them about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Wait for Black Friday and pick one up in Amazon or similar.
    Thanks for that, I wanted a NTSC one I didn't think of that.

Super Smash Bros pads are €15 on Zavvi. Not bad. I think if you spend over €30 there is free delivery.

These used to be a lot more expensive. I think they will work on a GameCube but I'm not sure.

http://www.zavvi.com/wii-u-accessories/super-smash-bros-officially-licensed-wired-fight-pad-samus/11086309.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Super Smash Bros pads are €15 on Zavvi. Not bad. I think if you spend over €30 there is free delivery.

These used to be a lot more expensive. I think they will work on a GameCube but I'm not sure.

http://www.zavvi.com/wii-u-accessories/super-smash-bros-officially-licensed-wired-fight-pad-samus/11086309.html

Good price. They won't work on a Gamecube as they plug directly into the Wiimote but that does mean that they would work with NES Classic Mini.

I've never been mad on them. Even if they are licensed by Nintendo. As has been said, they don't work on Gamecube. They're like inferior Wii Classic Controller Pro's. The price is alright though.

I will be telling people to avoid Zavvi in future after how they handled the NES Classic Mini pre orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

sligeach wrote: »

I will be telling people to avoid Zavvi in future after how they handled the NES Classic Mini pre orders.

What happened?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I had issues with zavvi before. Pre ordered something months before I came out. They cancelled it and sent me a generic email. I got onto them and they basically told me tough sh*t. I swore I'd never buy anything off them again. So I can only imagine you had a similar experience.

What happened?

Pre ordered the NES Classic Mini the moment it was available on their website. That was 14th July. They never sent it out last Friday, didn't bother to contact me and when I asked them about it they said they've no idea when it's going to be back in stock.
    I had issues with zavvi before. Pre ordered something months before I came out. They cancelled it and sent me a generic email. I got onto them and they basically told me tough sh*t. I swore I'd never buy anything off them again. So I can only imagine you had a similar experience.

Yep, similar situation. Any time I contact them I get pretty much the same generic e-mail with no date of when it'll ship.

Pre ordered the NES Classic Mini the moment it was available on their website. That was 14th July. They never sent it out last Friday, didn't bother to contact me and when I asked them about it they said they've no idea when it's going to be back in stock.

Yep, similar situation. Any time I contact them I get pretty much the same generic e-mail with no date of when it'll ship.

Hi

Same here. I ordered the NES Mini in July. I think it was on this forum. From Zavvi. I was one of the first. Still not sent (just 'processing').

Will the Smash Bros controllers work with the Nes Mini? They seem to have a different connector (they have the old GameCube connector).

There were 2 sets of Smash controller - the ones with the proper Game Cube controller port for use with the 4-port USB adapter / GC proper and the ones that plug into the Wiimote. The ones that plug into WiiMotes are fancy-pants Classic Controllers and should work with anything that supports that controller - so I'm guessing would work with the NES Mini. My guess does not constitute a valid reason to take a punt on this financially.

So the answer is yes and no, delete as applicable :D

Here's the former
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Smash-Bros-GameCube-Controller/dp/B00O9GW8VK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479389375&sr=8-2&keywords=gamecube+controller

Here's the latter
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-WiiU-Classic-Controller-Luigi/dp/B00ND0E604/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1479389425&sr=8-5&keywords=hori+wii+u

I think - always check the reviews 'cause the product descriptions tend to be cagey as **** about what connector is on the controller.

Will the Smash Bros controllers work with the Nes Mini? They seem to have a different connector (they have the old GameCube connector).

These? I think they've the nunchuk connection on the end. They plug into the Wii remote. You'd imagine they'd work with the NES Classic Mini though I'm not 100%.

These? I think they've the nunchuk connection on the end. They plug into the Wii remote. You'd imagine they'd work with the NES Classic Mini though I'm not 100%.

You are right. They plug into a Wii Remot. So will work with the Nes Mini. And work with Smash Bros. Double win.

For 15 lids. That's not too bad.

• Advertisement

It says (for the Zavvi one).

"Just plug a Wired Fight Pad into an active Wii remote, and you're set!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement