Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We should start up a Zavvi pre-order support group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone seen any decent Wii U deals? Never picked one up and have been considering it for Wind Waker and Bayonetta 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

There hasn't been any good Wii U deals in ages. Be it for console or games. I see some retailers are visibly winding down their Wii U section, most notably TheGameCollection. They've 6 games left in stock and were at one point close to the biggest and best stockist of Wii U games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got a Zelda one for €150 a while back but it is still in the bag I bought it in it has been turned on once to see that it worked, might stick it on adverts soon as I don't think I can use it due to my sight issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got a Zelda one for €150 a while back but it is still in the bag I bought it in it has been turned on once to see that it worked, might stick it on adverts soon as I don't think I can use it due to my sight issues.

Well if you're looking to get rid of it and you're in Dublin, give me a shout and I'd gladly give you what you paid for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    We should start up a Zavvi pre-order support group.

Aaagghh Crap so this is why they havent sent it!! Even though preordered it the second it went live! Arseholes. :)

Might be worth going to Smyths and such?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Any sign of the nes mini being available in a bricks and mortar store like Smyths/argos/Gamestop this time of Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Danick wrote: »
    Any sign of the nes mini being available in a bricks and mortar store like Smyths/argos/Gamestop this time of Christmas?

None in Gamestop or Symths before christmas probably. Argos said they'd probably get stock next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

alekito wrote: »
    You are right. They plug into a Wii Remot. So will work with the Nes Mini. And work with Smash Bros. Double win.

For 15 lids. That's not too bad.

I have both. The cheaper one is decent enough for €15 but it doesn't have the rumble feature.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I have both. The cheaper one is decent enough for €15 but it doesn't have the rumble feature.

The wired fight pads for the WiiU are 12.99 in GS right now, just picked one up today.

• Advertisement

Well if you're looking to get rid of it and you're in Dublin, give me a shout and I'd gladly give you what you paid for it.

Will let you know.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The wired fight pads for the WiiU are 12.99 in GS right now, just picked one up today.

I have the Hori one. The ones Gamestop do are different afaik, both joysticks are the same on it whereas the Hori one has the c-stick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have the Hori one. The ones Gamestop do are different afaik, both joysticks are the same on it whereas the Hori one has the c-stick.

Yeah, this stick has a standard sized analogue stick where the c-stick should live.
    No harm, I've plenty of normal GC pads, as well as a Wavebird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

sligeach wrote: »
    Pre ordered the NES Classic Mini the moment it was available on their website. That was 14th July. They never sent it out last Friday, didn't bother to contact me and when I asked them about it they said they've no idea when it's going to be back in stock.

Yep, similar situation. Any time I contact them I get pretty much the same generic e-mail with no date of when it'll ship.
    ah crap
    another for the support group

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Anywhere better than amazon to get the 3DS XL? It's £170 there.

Cina wrote: »
    Anywhere better than amazon to get the 3DS XL? It's £170 there.

Did you try French or maybe German Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Did you try French or maybe German Amazon?

Good call. 190e on the German site. What are they like for delivery here, though?

Good call. 190e on the German site. What are they like for delivery here, though?

I'm not sure. I've ordered from French Amazon before though and had no problems. It's €179 from there

https://www.amazon.fr/Console-New-Nintendo-3DS-m%C3%A9tallique/dp/B00S84TMZE/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1479573953&sr=1-1&keywords=3ds+xl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Is that the new 3DS XL or the regular XL? new one is €195 here.

Amazon.de are sound for delivery, probably a week and a half.

Use flubit for a bigger discount ;)

I checked the French price with delivery, it's €182.45 delivered to your address arriving between the 26th and 29th Nov. It's about €10 dearer if you use one day delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Just picked up Story of Seasons for €20 in Smyths. Have been very close to buying that at full price a few times, very glad I waited now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

quick question, are 3ds bought in the US compatible with games purchased here?

dubmick wrote: »
    quick question, are 3ds bought in the US compatible with games purchased here?

No, they're locked to a specific region I think.

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Just picked up Story of Seasons for €20 in Smyths. Have been very close to buying that at full price a few times, very glad I waited now!

Been €20 in there for months I am holding out for €10 or less as its on my list but not priority. Let us know if its any good please.

Been €20 in there for months I am holding out for €10 or less as its on my list but not priority. Let us know if its any good please.

Hadn't realised that, not often I wander into Smyths for a browse. I'll let you know how I get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

there's a couple of new 3ds xl and a few wii u on the amazon warehouse eligible for £50 off a spend of £200 (total)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Star Fox Zero is £19.99 on GAME. Use discount code, VCLOUD10 for a £2 discount, postage is £2.95. That works out at less than €25 including delivery.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/star-fox-zero-301279

Just to say, my pair of Fire Emblem games are on Adverts... Boards discounts for regulars assured....
    http://www.adverts.ie/11816859

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

I'm looking for a 3ds what's the best price around anyone know thanks.

• Advertisement

Codename STEAM is down to €6 in Cex, gonna pick one up myself today.

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=045496527884

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement