Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

meath4sam wrote: »
    I'm looking for a 3ds what's the best price around anyone know thanks.

*subtle shill*

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/new-3ds-with-pokemon-fire-emblem-zelda-and-more/11605197

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Anybody know the best place to get a Wii U these days? have a friend who is interested in getting it. Is it alot cheaper now? anywhere that sells them in a nice game bundle?

He's interested in the Zelda's/Mario's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Not cheap at all unless there is a fire sale tomorrow the price may stay high until January or February as the stores have little to no stock of them in stock in most stores so are unlikely to reduce them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

CD Keys are selling keys for Pokemon Sun and Moon for just under €36 - http://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/games-3ds/pokemon-sun-3ds-game-code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

CD Keys are selling keys for Pokemon Sun and Moon for just under €36 - http://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/games-3ds/pokemon-sun-3ds-game-code

Are CD Keys safe to buy from for Nintendo games? I've had no trouble with PC games, but anyone have experience with ninty titles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Are CD Keys safe to buy from for Nintendo games? I've had no trouble with PC games, but anyone have experience with ninty titles?

I've bought a good few for Wii U with no problems at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I've bought a good few for Wii U with no problems at all.

Thanks, might pick up Pokemon so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

nix wrote:
    Anybody know the best place to get a Wii U these days? have a friend who is interested in getting it. Is it alot cheaper now? anywhere that sells them in a nice game bundle?

Check amazon warehouse, 20% off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Amazon have Starfox for £19.99 and Lego Force Awakens for 14.99 - both for Wii U
    There are possibly better prices in the uk for Starfox at least, but getting free delivery and Amazon's back end support might be worth the additional £2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

pasta-solo wrote: »

They are fine. Just stay away from the £eShop cards as the currency doesn't convert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

For anyone looking for the Nintendo branded Vans, they're currently doing 30% off many of the items on their UK and Irish sites. Picked up the Parisian Zelda Vans for about 36 sterling (€44.50). It's definitely cheaper to buy from the UK site, and use a service like Parcel Motel. UK link here: https://www.vans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchDisplay?storeId=10158&catalogId=11253&langId=-11&beginIndex=0&searchSource=Q&sType=SimpleSearch&searchTerm=Nintendo+

Lego Star Wars VII 3ds seems to be the only reduction on 3ds stuff in Smyths not bad at €15, argos has Prof Layton Miracle Mask for €4 if you can find any, me thinks Black Friday be a washout for nintendo fans.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah no great reductions on Wii-U or 3DS games in Argos either. Some great reductions on Xbox One games if you have one those though! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ninty firesale hasn't materialised at all.
    Ah, but I own most of what I want already so.
    I must pick up both a 3DS XL and a New 3DS XL to keep the handheld collection complete, but there's plenty of time.
    I'll just keep my pennies for The Last Guardian in a week or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Need to buy two Nintendo 3ds Xl for the kids.
    Currently £169 on Amazon. .
    Any better deals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Banjo wrote: »
    Amazon have Starfox for £19.99 and Lego Force Awakens for 14.99 - both for Wii U
    There are possibly better prices in the uk for Starfox at least, but getting free delivery and Amazon's back end support might be worth the additional £2...

Good price on the Lego Star Wars game. Unfortunately I've nothing else to bring the basket up to £20 for free shipping. The game will fairly soon be €15 as all other Lego games have done so before it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

No deals on the e shop then?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, there's some decent discounts, such as Twilight Princess HD for 35

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yeah, there's some decent discounts, such as Twilight Princess HD for 35

No way. I literally just came here to post this as I see someone on Adverts charging €60 for a secondhand copy.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (with Wolf Link Amiibo and Soundtrack CD) - NintendoWiiU

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGames2phcx1mhya/

€40 new or €60 secondhand. Hhhmm, tough decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Kirby Paintbrush Wii U €19.99 in Gamstop - it's in Dun laoghaire. Not sure about other stores.

• Advertisement

Where are the Black Friday Wii U game deals? :(

No 3ds or 2ds deals anywhere have kept money on my card for cyber Monday just in case today was crap, bought loads of pop vinyls instead of games, new hobby.

No 3ds or 2ds deals anywhere have kept money on my card for cyber Monday just in case today was crap, bought loads of pop vinyls instead of games, new hobby.

I grabbed a few xbox one games and wanted some wii u games too. I really thought there'd be some good deals this year with the Switch being out soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

People are forgetting that Nintendo don't do deals, Black Friday or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Pac1Man wrote: »

Well Nintendo is selling the New 3DS in the US for 99 dollars for Black Friday. And there digital deals are better than ours.

Pac1Man wrote: »

Much as I love them, they do themselves absolutely no favours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Well Nintendo is selling the New 3DS in the US for 99 dollars for Black Friday. And there digital deals are better than ours.

There's just one problem with that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

Check your emails and My Nintendo accounts. I got a choice of 1 of 4 games at a decent discount.

This was in the email:
    Nintendo

I was in Smyths earlier and picked up a copy of LEGO® Star Wars™: The Force Awakens Wii U for €20. A little more expensive than Amazon but we don't have to worry about postage or making sure our basket is over £20.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-743/nintendo-wii-wii-u/p-16899/lego-star-wars-the-force-awakens-wii-u/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Check your emails and My Nintendo accounts. I got a choice of 1 of 4 games at a decent discount.

This was in the email:
    Nintendo
    I didn't get an email but there a deals for you tab, Fire Emblem Fates was the only one that interested me. I've never played any of them before. It's €31, I'm too lazy to look, what's the price like for a retail copy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement