Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Banjo wrote: »
    I didn't want to do this but you've forced my hand.

Disney Infinity figures are on 3 for 2 in Smyths, plus most figures are now only €2 each. However, you need to know which figures are right for your version of infinity. Are we sitting comfortably? Then I'll begi... wait! Let go of me! MY PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW!

I was seriously tempted to pick some of those up last time I was in Smyths and thought "If only Banjo was here to explain these to me".

I even tried to google your previous explanation on my phone, but failed to find it and just ended up walking away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I like the Infinity idea but, having bought the first game, the levels appeared all a bit m'eh.
    Haven't invested in the franchise since

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

I just bought Guitar Hero on Wii U in Argos. Reserved it at €16.99. I went to the counter and they said €23.99. I queried this, they checked their system and charged me €16.99. The girl says that happens a lot. They were friendly and fine about it.

Just so you know for the future. Reserve it to confirm the price :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Loads of stuff has gone up by €2-6 this morning as Brack Friday and Cyber Moonday are gone til next year.

Fecking gougers put the PS4 up by €40. Final Fantasy XV is €54 for a special edition though, nuf non ninty info or I'll be lynched. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

alekito wrote: »
    I just bought Guitar Hero on Wii U in Argos. Reserved it at €16.99. I went to the counter and they said €23.99. I queried this, they checked their system and charged me €16.99. The girl says that happens a lot. They were friendly and fine about it.

Just so you know for the future. Reserve it to confirm the price :)

I collected my copy earlier. Same story with the price. The clerk had to call across a superior and said it's happening again. So he asked me how much it was and I said €16.99. Just like that, he took my word on it. But then I do look trustworthy. :D I could have made up any price.

Bought another copy of Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush. From Gamestop. Grrrrr! I have to say the staff were very nice though. It was labelled €40 but scanned for €20.

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    I collected my copy earlier. Same story with the price. The clerk had to call across a superior and said it's happening again. So he asked me how much it was and I said €16.99. Just like that, he took my word on it. But then I do look trustworthy. :D I could have made up any price.

Bought another copy of Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush. From Gamestop. Grrrrr! I have to say the staff were very nice though. It was labelled €40 but scanned for €20.

Kirby is a good game! Enjoy! Not that long but fun while it lasts. Looks wonderful.

I'm interested in Mario Maker for 3DS. But too expensive right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Where's the best price for kirby robot place? Say it in Gamestop for €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Where's the best price for kirby robot place? Say it in Gamestop for €60.

Robobot? With amiibo or without?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

35 on CD keys if you're okay with digital
    Tempting ... I'm wanting a physical copy. Moon is available but I wanted Sun, I'll look again tomorrow. Just for myself, no big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Robobot? With amiibo or without?

Is the amiibo one in a big cardboard box? If so, the amiibo one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is the amiibo one in a big cardboard box? If so, the amiibo one.

Yeah. Seems a tad pricey no? The kirby amiibo or whatever it is can be got for 7.50, then the game is 37.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just to say, my pair of Fire Emblem games are on Adverts... Boards discounts for regulars assured....
    http://www.adverts.ie/11816859

Right, I'll sell the both of these to a regular here for €60, if someone goes on Adverts and makes the offer, they are now surplus to requirements and gathering dust, both are sealed and good to go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Tempting ... I'm wanting a physical copy. Moon is available but I wanted Sun, I'll look again tomorrow. Just for myself, no big deal.

Plenty of Sun's in Argos for €38.99 in case you were still looking.
    Right, I'll sell the both of these to a regular here for €60, if someone goes on Adverts and makes the offer, they are now surplus to requirements and gathering dust, both are sealed and good to go.

Touch Fuzzy was looking for one of these I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Plenty of Sun's in Argos for €38.99 in case you were still looking.

Touch Fuzzy was looking for one of these I think?
    Yep, still looking, no copies of Sun in my local Argos', we've 3.
    Was myself, only getting the one though, didn't know which to get, still debating.

I'm going to hang onto the two Fire Emblem games now.
    It's just too much hassle and expense trading up to the Special Edition.

I'm going to hang onto the two Fire Emblem games now.
    It's just too much hassle and expense trading up to the Special Edition.

I have been humming and hawwing about your Fire Emblem games since you mentioned them. Ideally in a perfect world, I'd like to play both sides plus the DLC, but I am still confused as to how this works on the seperate cartridges versus the special edition. I didn't even previously know there WAS a special edition so I'm unsure what it includes.

I'm not even sure if the special edition is for sale regularly, all the prices I've seen for it have been in the hundreds, which is crazy.

GameStop have it in a whole bunch of locations, with everything intact, for €90.
    It's probably the best "value" I've seen in that shop in a while.
    My plan was to sell the two then pop the extra €30 on for the SE, but never mind.
    I was starting to consider trading in or something, but it was going to cost me even more.
    Also, I don't need the hassle this close to Christmas, busy busy and all that!

GameStop have it in a whole bunch of locations, with everything intact, for €90.
    It's probably the best "value" I've seen in that shop in a while.
    My plan was to sell the two then pop the extra €30 on for the SE, but never mind.
    I was starting to consider trading in or something, but it was going to cost me even more.
    Also, I don't need the hassle this close to Christmas, busy busy and all that!

Thanks for the tip.

Not to sound like a giant thicko though, I still don't understand the SKUs and their prices.

From what I gathered if you buy the Blue or Red Versions (forget the names), you can purchase the OTHER Red or Blue colour as dlc at a reduced rate (I am not clear on the reduction), then you can also by the third campaign, lets call it Yellow, as DLC on either?

But if you owned two physical copies of the game, would the dlc be tied to the cartridge you bought it on, or to your SD card? Like would you be forced into choosing between bringing your Red or Blue army into the Yellow campaign?

Also what's in "Special Edition" box, I understand it comes with an art book, but is it one super large cartridge with all three campaigns, or two cartridges with a free download code, or something else entirely?

Apologies for my ignorance, I tried to research this and felt like I came away knowing less than I did before >_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

OK, here's how it works :

Collectors edition :
    You start the game. You get to a point where you make a choice. You try not to let the large-chested Atigonal mess that may or may not be your blood relation influence your decision. 3 paths lay before you, all of which are on the cartridge.

"Conquest" version :
    You start the game. You get to a point where you make a choice. You side with Chesty McBoobs. You are in for a bumpy road. Fnaaaaar! But not because you're trying to bone your hot step-sister, this game treats you like Trump treats the fine people of Mexico. You can download Birthright and Revelations as DLC, and either replay from the start or jump in at the Choice point in a new game. And yes, far as I know that DLC is tied to that cartridge. I mean, who would buy both cartridges, then the alternative scenario they already own as DLC for that cartridge? Oh yeah... *he* would :D

"Birthright" Version
    You start the game. You get to a point where you make a choice. You wimp out on the gameplay difficulty, taking on the more complicated moral scenarios since all of the many Waifu before you are blood relations and like Awakenings you're going to try and sleep with one of them to create a super-unit. Again, the other 2 paths are DLC tied to the cart. And your console.

Revelations :
    Can't choose between screwing the sisters that raised your or the sisters that share your genes? Then don't! Have the best of both worlds! Spastic children abound! DLC only for Birthright / Conquest, on the cart for CE.

Special Edition : What's in the box?
    You get 1 game cart in 1 standard 3DS box with a kind of merged version of the 2 artworks
    1x Steelbook case for keeping the cart in. It's gorgeous.
    1x Artbook.
    1x Poster.
    1x Smug satisfaction of knowing you're better than everyone else even though you don't keep the game in the steelbook, have never opened the art book and will never hang the poster anywhere. And the box is taking up space in your drawer at work 'cause you don't want the missus knowing you drunk-ordered it off Game.

Conclusion :
    Like being the Goodies? Birthright. Want to try to be a goody in a baddies' world, even if that means losing a lot of friends to premature death and sometimes doing bad things? Conquest. Unable to commit to a moral judgement? Revelations.
    The CE is overpriced.
    Conquest is evil. Not in fun way. It's unforgiving, masochistic, brutal.
    I think your best bet is to go Birthright, consider getting Revelations after you finish it, and only then consider whether or not you want Conquest. The Awakenings DLC eventually went on sale and I'm sure this will too.

I'd already decided that if I was forced to choose just one cartridge, I'd pick Conquest (blue) since it's harder, and I've beaten FE7, FE8 and Awakenings.

I am mostly wondering if it is worth it (from a time/money investment perspective) to try to get and play all three.

I'd be quite happy to buy one cart (or no carts and just go digital) and get the dlc for the other two, as long as they aren't crazy expensive.

I mostly don't care about steelbooks, artbooks or posters, but if it worked out at an equivilent price I might as well get them and have the freedom of throwing them in the bin and sending Sligeach pictures to give him nightmares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I bought the collectors edition. I got a handful of missions into Birthright, hit this one where you have to escape across a bunch of boats and I just can't beat it while meeting my 2 self imposed victory conditions - 1. Get that fella carrying the loot and 2. don't get anyone killed. I could finish it in a handful of moves if I would just let that loot go but I can't. So I stalled out. I've seen maybe 5% of 1 path in the game and then got distracted by Monster Hunter Generations and Hyrule Warriors.

As such I strongly recommend you buy the regular release of Birthright, I think you can set it to "Dead is dead" and you can ignore side-quests and DLC XP grinding options to make it harder on yourself, then see how you feel about Conquest which forces all of those restrictions on you.

Nintendo are doing an Advent Calendar. Different deal every day. Day one is 30% off Jumpers. But you would have to use Addresspal / Parcel Motel type to get it (they don't deliver to Ireland).

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/cool-stuff/hoodies.list?widget_id=449623

Just got a steel box moon for my Saturnalia present. Now have to return my unopened copy from the steel box to Argos for an exchange . As officer Barbrady would say nothing to see. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Nintendo are doing an Advent Calendar. Different deal every day. Day one is 30% off Jumpers. But you would have to use Addresspal / Parcel Motel type to get it (they don't deliver to Ireland).

Tempted by the jumpers, but the sizes sound like you'd be swimming in them according to the size guide.

59cm chest width for the Large... isn't that normally 42cm?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

mrcheez wrote: »
    Tempted by the jumpers, but the sizes sound like you'd be swimming in them according to the size guide.

59cm chest width for the Large... isn't that normally 42cm?!?

Going by the NES Classic Mini controller cord length you just can't trust them. :pac:

nesmini5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

If anyone was thinking of getting one of these, but doesn't want to wait till 9th December before they are shipped you can get them here for roughly same price (also sizes go up to XXL!!), and no need for Parcel Wizard

http://www.merchoid.com/product/zelda-a-link-to-christmas-past-knitted-christmas-jumper-sweater/#079-1

Plus free returns if size is wrong etc.

New Zelda Amiibos out today in store only in Smyth's but added bonus 3 for 2, problem is low stock in every damn store, only want ocarina and 8bit myself, don't like windwaker, gets coat...

New Zelda Amiibos out today in store only in Smyth's but added bonus 3 for 2, problem is low stock in every damn store, only want ocarina and 8bit myself, don't like windwaker, gets coat...

Damn, going to have to nip in and buy them now! The 8bit Link looks fantastic!
    My get it for my son for Christmas... That sounds convincing.... Yeah...

Only three of each on the shelf in Jervis. NO ZELDA, I REPEAT NO ZELDA. They didn't bother to get it in it seems. 8 bit is nice.

No Ocarina left neither I got two friend got one. Just in case anyone is looking for it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jesus how many Zelda ones are there now? About 50?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement