Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

sligeach wrote: »
    I was in Smyths earlier and picked up a copy of LEGO® Star Wars™: The Force Awakens Wii U for €20. A little more expensive than Amazon but we don't have to worry about postage or making sure our basket is over £20.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-743/nintendo-wii-wii-u/p-16899/lego-star-wars-the-force-awakens-wii-u/

Any good? See it's €20 in argos too. My 8 year old daughter really likes Star Wars so was thinking of picking it up mostly for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ryath wrote: »
    Any good? See it's €20 in argos too. My 8 year old daughter really likes Star Wars so was thinking of picking it up mostly for her.

I haven't played it yet but it's supposed to be good. It's gone back up to €25 in Smyths. Their yo-yo pricing is making Christmas shopping difficult. Go with Argos so.

I thought we were getting in line with the UK but I see it's down to £25 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Ryath wrote: »

I got this over the summer but only got around to playing it the last few days. It's good fun and there is a lot in it to do as well. Plus I'm really enjoying playing as BB8. So good value at €20 I'd say.

• Advertisement

Xenoblade Chronicles X is €34.99 in Smyths. That's the best price around I think, well for it new at least. One of the best games on the Wii U. Be warned though, it will consume your life.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-743/nintendo-wii-wii-u/p-14108/xenoblade-chronicles-x-wii-u/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Twilight Princess HD for Wii U is €34.99 in Argos with a free Wii game.

Edit: Apologies, I forgot to post the link. The amiibo seems to be included too...

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=TWILIGHT+PRINCESS&authToken=

Star Fox Zero is £15.99 at GAME. If I remember correctly they charge £3 for delivery.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/star-fox-zero-301279

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Star Fox Zero is £15.99 at GAME. If I remember correctly they charge £3 for delivery.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/star-fox-zero-301279

I bought this on release at full price.

After the reviews I've been afraid to open it.

One of these days I'll give it a go. My expectations were well and truely shattered by the reviews.

It doesn't help that I absolutely HATE forced motion control. As an option fine but don't make me use it if I don't want to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Honestly, the controls do take a little getting used to but, after a time, it stops being an issue.
    Just play the thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

No, keep it hidden, keep it safe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    No, keep it hidden, keep it safe.

That's what they said about my virginity... not all advice is good advice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That advice was for the protection of others, not your own...

I bought this on release at full price.

After the reviews I've been afraid to open it.

One of these days I'll give it a go. My expectations were well and truely shattered by the reviews.

It doesn't help that I absolutely HATE forced motion control. As an option fine but don't make me use it if I don't want to.

Play the demo and run a mile away. :pac:

Don't listen!

I had a lot of fun with it, yes the control method brings complexity and does nothing complex with it, but it's still enormous fun to play.
    It's another one that'll pop up on the Switch, with the needlessly obtuse controls dispensed with without hurting the gameplay.

Play the demo and run a mile away. :pac:

Too late. I have a full copy bought. I might wait till I'm half cut one night and give it a go.

Too late. I have a full copy bought. I might wait till I'm half cut one night and give it a go.

I mean you can keep it sealed and maybe some day it'll increase in value.

I mean you can keep it sealed and maybe some day it'll increase in value.

Haha yeah probably not a bad idea. I doubt it sold too many copies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Should just play it in fairness, never understood the point of keeping a game sealed if it's your only copy. The reviews weren't that bad either, that's a bit of a misnomer. It's a fun game to be honest, if the patience with the controls are short than maybe less so but worth honing the skill with that imo.

• Advertisement

Polygon should be ashamed of themselves for the pretentious sh1te they published instead of a review of Star Fox Zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

The Swapper is reduced from €14.99 to €1.99 on the eshop for Wii U. Brilliant game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

When do we start getting switch bargains?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

That SF2 trailer was awesome... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

So it looks like the Nintendo Switch is €329.99 everywhere. At least Smyths / Gamestop are not forcing us to buy an overpriced bundle. Even ordering from the UK it works out about the same.

I really want to play Zelda and it looks better on Switch. But should I wait will Christmas for a Zelda / Mario bundle (if that happens). Or will there be a digital cross-bundle download - buy on Wii U and get Switch one as well?

I bought Wii U on day one. Never regretted it. Great buy for Christmas that year.

alekito wrote: »
    So it looks like the Nintendo Switch is €329.99 everywhere. At least Smyths / Gamestop are not forcing us to buy an overpriced bundle. Even ordering from the UK it works out about the same.

I really want to play Zelda and it looks better on Switch. But should I wait will Christmas for a Zelda / Mario bundle (if that happens). Or will there be a digital cross-bundle download - buy on Wii U and get Switch one as well?

I bought Wii U on day one. Never regretted it. Great buy for Christmas that year.

We've about 48 days to Switchmas and so not too much time to get the €500 or so saved up to buy the console and some games.
    I'm interested to see if an external hdd can be used, as I have done with my Xbox One, I'm hoping so.

Come join us Alekito on Switch Island! It's cool.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    We've about 48 days to Switchmas and so not too much time to get the €500 or so saved up to buy the console and some games.
    I'm interested to see if an external hdd can be used, as I have done with my Xbox One, I'm hoping so.

Switchmas! I love it!! Great name.

I pretty much just use the Wii U Gamepad for games. So Switch is a natural fit for me.

A new Nintendo console is something I always know will cost a bit of bread every few years. So I'm prepared for it. I wouldn't mind buying Zelda as a digital if it was cross-buy. But will wait for a while to see what they say. Zelda does look amazing.

Come join us Alekito on Switch Island! It's cool.

Switch island? Another forum here?

• Advertisement

alekito wrote: »
    Switch island? Another forum here?

A magical forum in your mind!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement