Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Not sure where to post this so hope here is ok. Was considering buying Monster Hunter and Donkey Kong for 3DS but I is out of memory and I hate deleting stuff. What's the maximum size SD card I can get for the device and are there any caveats over what brand/type/class of SD card I should get? Any recommendations and advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Class 10 is apparently recommended. The device can handle up to 32GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Went in half's on one of those Wii U's With the OH today. Cheers for that

Wii_U.jpg

Oh, I don't like that sticker saying 'massive gaming clearout' lol.

What games did you get for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Oh, I don't like that sticker saying 'massive gaming clearout' lol.

What games did you get for it?

The clearout stickers were on everything in the section. All the Premium packs comes with the game Nintendoland. It's good craic been playing it with the OH.

I can see why they're going cheaper though, the library so far isnt anything to write home about. But I'll hang onto it I would be hopeful there'll be a few gems released in the future. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The clearout stickers were on everything in the section. All the Premium packs comes with the game Nintendoland. It's good craic been playing it with the OH.

I can see why they're going cheaper though, the library so far isnt anything to write home about. But I'll hang onto it I would be hopeful there'll be a few gems released in the future. :)
    1. mario bros u
    2. Luigi bros u
    3. Mario 3d world
    4. zelda windwaker
    5. Pikmin 3
    6. Wonderful 101
    7. Rayman legends
    8. Lego city
    9. Lego batman 2
    10. Zombi u
    11. Nintendoland
    12. Resi evil revelations

then eshop titles aswell...

and you hope a few gems arrive to justify keeping the console??

OOOOOK........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Arkham city/origins
    Assassins creed
    Deus ex invisible war
    Mass effect 3

Ah, a few from both of those lists are multi-platform titles in fairness, but even without those, the listed games are simply fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Ah, a few from both of those lists are multi-platform titles in fairness, but even without those, the listed games are simply fantastic.

was just about to post the same.

there are plenty of 1st party games there though to keep even the avid gamer happy. Sooo much replay value in the likes of nsmb wii u and Lego city for example.

and you hope a few gems arrive to justify keeping the console??

OOOOOK........

Yes I do, despite your sarcasm, I don't consider the titles you listed (with exception perhaps to Resi: Revalations) to be anything of particular value/interest to me. (And I doubt I'm alone on that)

sweetie wrote: »
    Arkham city/origins
    Assassins creed
    Mass effect 3

All great and worthy games however I bought em all when they came out on the platform I had at the time PS3. I ain't buying em again.

I'm sorry my previous comment struck a nerve with some, but I was just being honest and giving my opinion on the library. I know what my interests are.

Yes I do, despite your sarcasm, I don't consider the titles you listed (with exception perhaps to Resi: Revalations) to be anything of particular value/interest to me. (And I doubt I'm alone on that)
    I personally find this kind of strange, as multi-platform games aside, that list still has a lot of remarkable games:
    1. mario bros u
    2. Luigi bros u
    3. Mario 3d world
    4. zelda windwaker
    5. Pikmin 3
    6. Wonderful 101
    7. Rayman legends
    8. Lego city
    10. Zombi u
    11. Nintendoland
    (I left Rayman Legends in as it was always meant to be a Wii U game!)
    There pretty much are games there to suit everyone (RPG/FPS/driving games obviously not included, but X should fulfill the RPG fan needs when it comes out)
    I'm not having a go, merely curious, what about the list above would you be particularly dissatisfied with?

• Advertisement

I personally find this kind of strange, as multi-platform games aside, that list still has a lot of remarkable games:

(I left Rayman Legends in as it was always meant to be a Wii U game!)
    There pretty much are games there to suit everyone (RPG/FPS/driving games obviously not included, but X should fulfill the RPG fan needs when it comes out)
    I'm not having a go, merely curious, what about the list above would you be particularly dissatisfied with?

See from my perspective I can answer this easily. You find these games "Remarkable" However to me (again in MY opinion) each and every one of them is distinctly unremarkable and made to appeal to niche interests and not to general interests.

You say there are games to suit everyone and have listed a few genres. But I certainly don't play games based on their genre (Ie. I don't go pick up every FPS just because I may like battlefield) I play them based on whether their themes and game-play appeal my interests and none of the above games spark even a mote of interest with me. It doesn't mean they're bad games just unappealing to my tastes and I merely reflected that with my view of the current Wii U library.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Not the place for it, and again this is not meant to be a dig (though I'm fully aware this is turning into a fan-boy pile on - I'm motivated by concern and curiosity, not my usual fanboy zealotry!) but if you don't like the current catalog of games and don't see anything on the horizon, why did you buy a Wii U? It doesn't sound like you're going to be thrilled with MarioKart or Donkey Kong, and there's not much else in the next 6 months. Why not wait a year or two for the inevitable price drop on PS4 and put some well-timed bets on a few good horses to grow your gaming stash?

Banjo wrote: »
    Not the place for it, and again this is not meant to be a dig (though I'm fully aware this is turning into a fan-boy pile on - I'm motivated by concern and curiosity, not my usual fanboy zealotry!) but if you don't like the current catalog of games and don't see anything on the horizon, why did you buy a Wii U? It doesn't sound like you're going to be thrilled with MarioKart or Donkey Kong, and there's not much else in the next 6 months. Why not wait a year or two for the inevitable price drop on PS4 and put some well-timed bets on a few good horses to grow your gaming stash?

Yes i am sorry this has derailed from the thread topic which was not my intent. So i'll leave it with this post.

To answer your question about buying it. It was a mixture of impulse (as I live beside the store where the bargain alert was spotted) and I rationalized that for a price that's not much more than a 3DS handheld and less than half the price of a PS4, it'd be worth having for any future exclusives and that it'd be good for party games when we've friends over.

Class 10 is apparently recommended. The device can handle up to 32GB.

Thanks, got that today. :)

Would I be right in saying I can copy the old SD card onto a harddrive and then copy that stuff onto the new SD card? I'd like to keep my gamesaves and stuff.

@Jernal : As long as you're putting the new SD card into the same system you took the old SD out of then yes, a straight copy will do the job. Make sure you're file explorer can see hidden and system files and folders if you're dragging and dropping, just in case.

@elfy4eva : Well, as long as you came in with your eyes open :D Welcome to the party!
    You might want to look at the current eShop sale - there's a game called Spin the Bottle that uses the Wii U gamepad (and no telly) to get pairs of players to perform embarrassing real-world feats while holding WiiMotes or the gamepad. Supposed to be pretty good fun as a "having drunk mates around" thing, but might be too touchy-feely

@Everyone else :
    3DS sale on Thursday.
    Includes Bit.Trip and Virtues Last Reward!

3DS/2DS Sale

Urban Trial Freestyle – Now: €3.49 / £3.15 until February 13, Was: €6.99 / £6.29
    BIT.TRIP SAGA – Now: €9.99 / £8.99 until March 6, Was: €19.99 / £17.99
    Girls’ Fashion Shoot – Now: €14.99 / £14.99 until March 6, Was: €29.99 / £29.99)
    Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward – Now: €12.49 / £9.99 until March 6, Was: €24.99 / £19.99
    Shifting World – Now: €9.99 / £8.99 until March 6, Was: €19.99 / £17.99
    Super Black Bass 3D – Now: €9.99 / £8.99 until March 6, Was:€19.99 / £17.99
    Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi – Now: €16.99 / £14.99 until February 6, Was: €29.99 / £29.99
    Jewel Master Cradle of Rome 2 – Now: €9.99 / £8.99 until March 6, Was:€19.99 / £17.99
    Jewel Master Cradle of Egypt 2 3D – Now: €9.99 / £8.99 until March 6, Was: €19.99 / £17.99
    Beyblade Evolution – Now: €14.99 / £14.99 until March 6, Was: €29.99 / £29.99

(all credit for finding the bargain and typing it up goes to HUKD. But the copy and paste? All me!)

Cheers guys,

Got my new SD card with all the old 4GB SD card stuff in my 3DS now. Time to download Monster Hunter and Donkey Kong. :D

Thanks muchies.

http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/deus-ex-human-revolution/10790461.html

Deus Ex €16.25

Ok I really shouldnt as I have this on the 360 but if its playable on the gamepad I'll definately be getting it.

From what I read online it is playable on the gamepad. Anyone care to confirm this before I make the purchase.

Very cheap price imo.

I have definitely read somewhere that it works on the gamepad. I haven't broken the seal on my copy yet, but if you don't get an answer before I get home I'll see if I can get a moment with the WiiU to find out.

It's on the list

Someone on here definitely has it, I've been Yeah-ing their MiiVerse posts about punching people through walls.
    Excellent price, btw, cheapest I'd seen it before now is that same price but in Sterling.

I have definitely read somewhere that it works on the gamepad. I haven't broken the seal on my copy yet, but if you don't get an answer before I get home I'll see if I can get a moment with the WiiU to find out.

It's on the list

Someone on here definitely has it, I've been Yeah-ing their MiiVerse posts about punching people through walls.
    Excellent price, btw, cheapest I'd seen it before now is that same price but in Sterling.

Yeah I can justify the price to myself once its playable on the gamepad which I think youre right. I think it its. Otherwise it would just gather dust like the 360 version I already own.

I think its Edza or something like that keeps miiversing it. Its gotten to the point that I want it now. Looks fairly cool and would be a nice change of pace from the platformers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Yes Deus Ex has offTV play.

• Advertisement

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Yes Deus Ex has offTV play.

Just ordered it. Really cant go wrong for that price. Been watching a few youtube clips of it online. Looks great in fairness and seems to be the best version of the game with new tweaks to AI and boss fights etc..

Legend of Zelda - Link Between Worlds €35.99 on WowHD. Ideal for those who are cheap and not in a hurry. There are comparable prices from quicker sources in the UK, far as I know (ShopTo, if memory serves) but not one that doesn't charge delivery (that I know of)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Bought it. Bought Pikmin 3 during the week. Wavering over Monster Hunter 3This thread is killing me. Or saving me tons of money.

druss wrote: »
    Bought it. Bought Pikmin 3 during the week. Wavering over Monster Hunter 3This thread is killing me. Or saving me tons of money.

This is always a tough one. Before Boards I'd probably have spent half the amount I currently spend on games. Yet, I get more than ten times the amount of games. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Legend of Zelda - Link Between Worlds €35.99 on WowHD. Ideal for those who are cheap and not in a hurry. There are comparable prices from quicker sources in the UK, far as I know (ShopTo, if memory serves) but not one that doesn't charge delivery (that I know of)

Might be worth keeping an eye out on ebay/etc for a cheap download code if you don't mind digital, as it was a bundle title and some mightn't want it. Got a code off someone for the price of the two Oracle games (12 pounds) which was definitely worth it :cool:

Lego Marvel SuperHeroes Wii U £24.99
    on Amazon

Not in stock - 1-3 weeks to ship
    Dropped to this price for a short while yesterday too, then bounced into the £40's so move fast.
    NOT the Patriot version.
    Not the Game version with extra characters either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lego Marvel SuperHeroes Wii U £24.99
    on Amazon

Not in stock - 1-3 weeks to ship
    Dropped to this price for a short while yesterday too, then bounced into the £40's so move fast.
    NOT the Patriot version.
    Not the Game version with extra characters either.
    Lego marvel superheroes on wii u is 37.50 on argos.ie....

Not a bargain per se but the Stars Catalog has multicoloured 3DS XL charging cradles (I assume without a charger!) for 4600 stars. Red, yellow, green, white and blue.
    http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/?p=1

Skylanders starter set for Wii U or 3DS for €39.99 in Smyths
    (also on Wii, Playstations 3 n 4, Xbox 1 and 360, same price)
    Current price on Amazon is the same only in Sterling - Honest to god bricks n mortar BARGAIN!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement