Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Hey! Does anyone know if Amazon takes payment at order or dispatch? Would love to order Zelda but very broke after Christmas but would be fine if they took payment in February/March...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Hey! Does anyone know if Amazon takes payment at order or dispatch? Would love to order Zelda but very broke after Christmas but would be fine if they took payment in February/March...

At dispatch, so go for it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

RedXIV wrote: »
    At dispatch, so go for it :)

Thanks a million! Making some bad decisions here!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You can be hopeful as well, because by preordering now, you get any price cuts that happen, even if it decreases for a short time. "Lowest Price guarantee"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

That's Zelda and Mario Kart Deluxe ordered for my Switch. Two separate orders to avail of the £10 discounts on each. :)

Hopefully there will be some VC games available on launch to keep me interested!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭jos22

Sarn wrote: »
    That's Zelda and Mario Kart Deluxe ordered for my Switch. Two separate orders to avail of the £10 discounts on each. :)

Hopefully there will be some VC games available on launch to keep me interested!

how did you use it twice, thought it once code per account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I am become 2 different email addresses, the destroyer of worlds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Banjo wrote: »
    I am become 2 different email addresses, the destroyer of worlds

And the destroyer of the English language. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

BIGTHANKS code is now expired on Amazon UK??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

sticker wrote: »
    BIGTHANKS code is now expired on Amazon UK??

Yes it was only valid till 23:59PM on 20th Jan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Kirby's Epic Yarn and the Rainbow Paintbrush is €26.99 in Argos at the moment. Worth a go at this price?

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3909926/Trail/searchtext%3EKirby.htm

Edit:£20stg in Argos UK

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

xckjoo wrote: »
    Kirby's Epic Yarn is €26.99 in Argos at the moment. Worth a go at this price?

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3909926/Trail/searchtext%3EKirby.htm

It has been cheaper but it's still well worth the €26.99.
    Great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

xckjoo wrote: »
    Kirby's Epic Yarn is €26.99 in Argos at the moment. Worth a go at this price?

That's Kirby and the Rainbow paintbrush, which is decent but not epic yarn decent.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

That's Kirby and the Rainbow paintbrush, which is decent but not epic yarn decent.

Woops! I'm a dumbass :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn you and editing after the fact!
    Rainbow Paintbrush feels very like an uprated 3DS game... because it kinda is :(
    Epic Yarn was coming in a sub-€10 prices there, well worth tracking down, here it is in CEX for €15, and it'll work great on your WiiU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

If you're in Argos, Xenoblade for n3DS dropped to 30 and M&L PaperJam dropped to 25ish I think - they were highlighted as part of the same price drop as Kirby over in the UK last week, but they only popped up on the irish catalogue there over the weekend. Stock is limited.

There was something else in the offer... gimme a minute
    Edit : Never mind, it was Bravely Second, and that's not on the Irish catalog.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Anyone got any bargain Wii-U Console links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

No paper jam near me, so if anyone finds one that they don't want could ye send it into to me?

The next 2 months are possibly the worst time to try to buy a Wii U since launch.

Given that there will be trade-in offers for the Switch from March 3rd, no retail store is going to want to give you a Wii U cheap right now. However, fast forward to April and if the Switch takes off the Wii U 2nd hand market could potentially be flooded by trade ins, driving the price down and making a brand new one pretty much worthless. Bide your time.

Edit : @OwaynOTT - There's one in Dun Laoghaire. I reserved it but it turns out I can't get there today; if you find a volunteer, I'll send you the reservation code.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    The next 2 months are possibly the worst time to try to buy a Wii U since launch.

Given that there will be trade-in offers for the Switch from March 3rd, no retail store is going to want to give you a Wii U cheap right now. However, fast forward to April and if the Switch takes off the Wii U 2nd hand market could potentially be flooded by trade ins, driving the price down and making a brand new one pretty much worthless. Bide your time.

Edit : @OwaynOTT - There's one in Dun Laoghaire. I reserved it but it turns out I can't get there today; if you find a volunteer, I'll send you the reservation code.

Thanks but unless a Good Samaritan on here's obliges, I don't think I can use it.

Must be fairly low stock, as I've a good spread of volunteers but it's not in stock in any of those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dimitri Chax

Hi guys,
    I am new in the Forum. I would like to know where I can find second hand 3ds games to buy in the forum.
    Are they in this topic or somewhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Hi guys,
    I am new in the Forum. I would like to know where I can find second hand 3ds games to buy in the forum.

Don't think selling is allowed on the forums, but check out adverts.ie!

Yeah, Adverts has them all the time.
    Just set yourself a budget and stick to it, something will come up.
    Check out sold items to see what they've sold for up to now, that way you'll not get stung.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

Hi guys,

There's a swap thread for 3ds games somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

That swap thread is kinda dead(rhyming is fun) might be time for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Nintendo Wii U Remote Plus Controller - Peach Edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JXCBORY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9dOHybWM3XWHA

Peach motion plus controller on lightening deals for the next hour or so.

Bravely second is available in Argos in the clearance section so not visible online. Think its only 32 euro, not too bad.

Did you happen to get the product code for Bravely Second?

If it's in Clearance you can normally only see it if it's in stock in the current store.
    However, if you have the code you can look up the product and it will check the clearance sections of nearby stores for you. This doesn't work on CheckArgos, or at least it didn't around about the time of the Xenoblade Chronicles Wii Pro Controller bundles or when Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Yoshi's Woolly World went Clearance.

• Advertisement

I didn't take down the code, sorry didn't know you could check them like that. If you want it, I can check again and get it for you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement