Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Nah, don't be silly. If nothing else, did I get off my arse to get that Paper Jam for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Banjo wrote: »
    Nah, don't be silly. If nothing else, did I get off my arse to get that Paper Jam for you?

That's true. God damn you banjo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Big Zelda sale starting in Europe on Wii U and 3DS. Looks like 30% off everything Zelda-related.

http://nintendoeverything.com/the-legend-of-zelda-weeks-2017-sale-announced-for-europe/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

No dice Nintendo. I've said it before that it needs to be 50% off these VC titles. I own all those games in one form or another so I've no incentive to buy them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

A sale when they haven't talked about transferring purchases over to the switch. Perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

/\/ollog wrote: »
    A sale when they haven't talked about transferring purchases over to the switch. Perfect.

Yes, 100% agree on this. I'm not buying digital copies of anything for Wii U/3DS until this is clarified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Can't see 3ds stuff transferring too well to the switch, vc accounts should though 100%, scummy tactic if not.

Pikmin 3 for WiiU in Selects packaging, €21.99 in Argos.
    I know it's not amazing, it's only about 2 quid cheaper than the eShop, but if you happen to not have it and don't like using Amazon for some reason, it's better than a bad case of piles.

Edit : "I know it's not amazing" - the price! THE PRICE! The game is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Also, Pikmin 3 is the one constant game I've played since I bought my WiiU (the day MK8 came out).
    It's a class game, and meself and the missus are constantly playing it. We've completed it all on multiplayer, bought the DLC, completed that, and are now going back and doing the single player ones. Serious craic! We're getting good use out of it, but we're slow at completing games!
    But ye, if you're into puzzles, I'd 100% recommend it, for any price!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not sure who would be interested, but they've Puzzle Bobble Galaxy here in CEX Santry for a tenner.
    It works with the Taito Paddle controller, for this of us who own one.

• Advertisement

If you're that one guy who lives in Naas, owns a Wii U, really likes football games and has been holding out for the day Fifa 13 to drop below the €4 mark, today is your day!

http://checkargos.com/product/9128213

Also, Lego Batman is back to €14.99
    http://checkargos.com/product/2809601
    1 in Stephens Green.

Star Fox Zero on Wii U is £16.95 on Coolshop. You can get free postage with them to Ireland even though they say they only deliver to the UK.

https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/star-fox-zero/AS9C2P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

sligeach wrote: »
    Star Fox Zero on Wii U is £16.95 on Coolshop. You can get free postage with them to Ireland even though they say they only deliver to the UK.

https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/star-fox-zero/AS9C2P

Torn on getting this game. Loved Lylat Wars on the N64 but not sure I'd get the mileage out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

xckjoo wrote: »
    Torn on getting this game. Loved Lylat Wars on the N64 but not sure I'd get the mileage out of it.

Think of how good it would look on the shelf though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Think of how good it would look on the shelf though.

this is pretty much my wii u collection now :P i bought most of the best exclusive that i didnt already own in the last 6 months to finish before the switch and now i'm addicted to fallout 4 instead :pac:

https://pricescanner.ie/toys/
    Lads, it's discount Amiibo day in Smyths! €5 each!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

magnumbud wrote: »
    this is pretty much my wii u collection now :P i bought most of the best exclusive that i didnt already own in the last 6 months to finish before the switch and now i'm addicted to fallout 4 instead :pac:

I still have Pikmin 3 and Twilight Princess to finish. I feel shame :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I'd rather have a small library looking at me as opposed to trying to find a game for sale a couple of years down the line.

Who knows what the availability of Wii U games will be like in the coming years.

i have both of them and lego undercover and dkc tropical freeze, star fox and possibly a few more, i have massive shame :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I've started Twilight Princess(getting better as it goes) and also have Pikmin 3 and Lego City to do. Then there is Bayonetta 2. After that there's some downloaded games(Metroid prime trilogy and Super Mario Galaxy 2) and perhaps Wooly world and Mario Maker which I haven't picked up either yet.

Yeah, my Wii U has a lot of life left in it :D (not to mention Zelda which is pre-ordered!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

i have both of them and lego undercover and dkc tropical freeze, star fox and possibly a few more, i have massive shame :P

Yay!! A shame thread...

I'm about an hour into DK tropical freeze and xenoblade chronicle x, haven't opened Starfox.

Then I still have to buy pikmin, wonderful 101 and captain toad to name a few.

I will say though I got huge game time with Mario kart, Mario 3D world, new super Mario and Mario maker.

I got reasonable amount of time with Splatoon. Definately would have been more with off screen play but the switch will fix that.

The Wii U was/is a ****ing great system. Nintendo ****ed up its marketing but it was a great system which i thoroughly enjoyed.

I've veered more to the ps4 of late due to multiplayer games like Destiny and weirdly I got hooked on COD infinite warfare. I know I know but it's good quick fun.

Yay!! A shame thread...

I'm about an hour into DK tropical freeze and xenoblade chronicle x, haven't opened Starfox.

Then I still have to buy pikmin, wonderful 101 and captain toad to name a few.

I will say though I got huge game time with Mario kart, Mario 3D world, new super Mario and Mario maker.

I got reasonable amount of time with Splatoon. Definately would have been more with off screen play but the switch will fix that.

The Wii U was/is a ****ing great system. Nintendo ****ed up its marketing but it was a great system which i thoroughly enjoyed.

I've veered more to the ps4 of late due to multiplayer games like Destiny and weirdly I got hooked on COD infinite warfare. I know I know but it's good quick fun.

i shouldnt add to it but i would like to pick up wonderful 101 before it gets harder to find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

i shouldnt add to it but i would like to pick up wonderful 101 before it gets harder to find

I know I should. Been saying it since I bought the Wii U. To be fair though I reckon a lot of the games and the system will become cult classics and hard to find because let's be fair it didn't sell well

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭narmst

I know I should. Been saying it since I bought the Wii U. To be fair though I reckon a lot of the games and the system will become cult classics and hard to find because let's be fair it didn't sell well

I agree. I find that the 1st party games hold their value and become hard to get after a few years. I don't think that they're only good for their 'generation' then become useless - the switch release doesn't make my Wii U or Gamecube games less fun. I'm a bit of a collector though.
    If anyone finds Wii Sports Club or are selling one (not sure what thread that would be but PM me) I'd like to get that one to round out the Wii U collection.

https://www.meetup.com/Nintendo-Switch-Dublin-Meetup/

If ye were around from the start you could have picked up games like The Wonderful 101 dirt cheap. It was on sale numerous times for less than €15 new from various online retailers. You can buy it off Ebay secondhand for about €25 delivered. It's not one of the rare Wii U games.

sligeach wrote: »
    If ye were around from the start you could have picked up games like The Wonderful 101 dirt cheap. It was on sale numerous times for less than €15 new from various online retailers. You can buy it off Ebay secondhand for about €25 delivered. It's not one of the rare Wii U games.

i was i just didnt bite and now regret has filled me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭narmst

Mega yarn yoshi is 20 euro in Smyths (at least in fonthill).
    Most of the other Amiibo are 5 euro - some are tagged at the higher price but I've a feeling that they're all reduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Already posted above on the amiibo only select ones are €5 mostly animal crossing ones, am looking for tom nook one so I can set up a shrine to him, he's awesome. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

narmst wrote: »
    Mega yarn yoshi is 20 euro in Smyths (at least in fonthill).
    Most of the other Amiibo are 5 euro - some are tagged at the higher price but I've a feeling that they're all reduced.

Just picked up a few in Athlone. Pink Yoshi was €5 and Blue €10 and got the mega yarn too for €20. Green Yoshi was full price though @ €19.99. It's mostly just animal crossing and Mii ones at €5 though. I was tempted to pick up Olimar and would probably get Peach at a fiver for my daughters only showing stock in few stores none of them near me.

Better pick up Yoshis Woolie World with the green amiibo bundle. Any one know the cheapest place to pick it up or separately if it's cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Already posted above on the amiibo only select ones are €5 mostly animal crossing ones, am looking for tom nook one so I can set up a shrine to him, he's awesome. ;)

Tom Nook is a thieving git and you know it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement