Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah Gizmo don't be shy...
    Or eat after midnight
    Or get wet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

You are wrong Ciderman but also in More truer sense, absolutely right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    You are wrong Ciderman but also in More truer sense, absolutely right.

Alternative facts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    Alternative facts.

Double plus good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sketch!!! it's Big Brother!!!

This just in Lego Batman 3 €14.99 on Wii U in Smyths, no more amiibo reduced unfortunately, now back to your regularly scheduled nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

€14.99 in Smyths isn't new but it has been up and down since before christmas. I think Argos have it at the same price, but with a free drawstring bag that you'll never use.

It's not a bad game, but I found the humour wasn't hitting the spot like it did in the 2nd one - maybe it's repetition, maybe it's the grander scale and wider cast, maybe the cartoonish distorted characterisations had hit a sweet spot in the 2nd one and have tipped over the hill and slid into a lazy ravine... but the whole "Batman hates superman, Superman is a jerk, Robin loves superman, Green Lantern is a tool" thing just doesn't work like it used to. Still great fun, and it's unlikely to go much lower in a B&M store. Must confirm that there's 2 player co-op and get my daughters involved, could be a plan for Saturday morning.

Oh no, I abused my position to tell you to #BuyArgos'sStuff! IMPEACH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I managed to squeeze into the last week of the 70's! :D
    Thus I'm automatically funkier than anyone from the 80's or since then...
    Must be hard to be funky with work and your game backlog
    giphy.gif

Banjo wrote: »
    €14.99 in Smyths isn't new but it has been up and down since before christmas. I think Argos have it at the same price, but with a free drawstring bag that you'll never use.

It's not a bad game, but I found the humour wasn't hitting the spot like it did in the 2nd one - maybe it's repetition, maybe it's the grander scale and wider cast, maybe the cartoonish distorted characterisations had hit a sweet spot in the 2nd one and have tipped over the hill and slid into a lazy ravine... but the whole "Batman hates superman, Superman is a jerk, Robin loves superman, Green Lantern is a tool" thing just doesn't work like it used to. Still great fun, and it's unlikely to go much lower in a B&M store. Must confirm that there's 2 player co-op and get my daughters involved, could be a plan for Saturday morning.

Oh no, I abused my position to tell you to #BuyArgos'sStuff! IMPEACH!

Re Drawstring bag.
    I got one of those at a Dreamcast launch night waaaay back when.
    It's navy blue with a white stitched DC logo.
    I still use it to carry my DS/3DS carts around.
    It's awesome and I'm awesome by association as a result.

Alternative facts.

Like a bit of truthful hyperbole myself.

Drawstring bag good for various things and cookies, me love cookies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Drawstring bag good for various things and cookies, me love cookies.

I knew it!

cookie-monster-theif250x250.jpg

Kirby adventure for the Wii in cex newbridge for €18. Seems to be a decent price.

Kirby adventure for the Wii in cex newbridge for €18. Seems to be a decent price.

Snap it up, it's a game that's typically a lot more expensive than that

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Snap it up, it's a game that's typically a lot more expensive than that

Come on Cidey, of course I have it! In fact I have two copies.

Gamestop Dundrum also have it, but for 27.99. Might save someone a trip to the schticks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Gamestop Dundrum also have it, but for 27.99. Might save someone a trip to the schticks!

Dundrum isn't considered the sticks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Dundrum isn't considered the sticks?

It is to me.

Can you not buy it Tom cex and get it posted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Can you not buy it Tom cex and get it posted?

CEX charge €5 for postage. Also, you don't know what condition it's in. The amount of times I see games with battered sleeves or not even its original box, missing manuals, scratched discs, etc.

Only at Christmas they tried to sell me a game missing its manual. Didn't tell me, I had to check. The guy didn't give a crap and they were selling it at the same price as a pristine copy.

sligeach wrote: »
    CEX charge €5 for postage. Also, you don't know what condition it's in. The amount of times I see games with battered sleeves or not even its original box, missing manuals, scratched discs, etc.

Only at Christmas they tried to sell me a game missing its manual. Didn't tell me, I had to check. The guy didn't give a crap and they were selling it at the same price as a pristine copy.

Case and disc seemed to be perfect but it's missing it's manual. Still seems like a good price and I would have gotten it only for the fact I've spent an obsence amount on Lego only and little while prior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

The beauty of it is your covered by Irish law for two weeks after receiving the item if bought online. If it's not in the condition you expected or missing the manual etc (which isn't actually what they sell, just the disk and box but they will still give you the refund) you can walk into any store and get a refund back to method of payment. Been a few times I did that, with things like paper Mario where the manual adds massively to the price etc.

Offline, yeah. If you want the manual check for sure. :)
    Easy way to think of it is you're covered because you can't hold and check the product before buying when buying online :)

Starfox Zero in Argos for €20
    http://checkargos.com/product/4285405

Yeah, you can get it cheaper online, but factor in delivery and uh... Brexit?

They also have the Force Awakens Infinity playset (with Rey and Finn) for 12.99, it's almost worth it for the Falcon escape bit (but make sure you mop those TIE fighters up fast or you'll spot the tiny loop you're on and it becomes far less impressive.
    Bayonetta 2 for €16.99, not the double pack, no idea if that's a good price but it's definitely a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Thanks for posting, I'm ready to be disappointed by Metroid Federation Force at that price.

I've Metroid reserved, if only because I too love Metroid.
    I am prepared to be gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

SanDisk Ultra 256 GB MicroSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with SD Adapter - Standard Packaging is down from £173 to £112 on Amazon. It might interest some of you for the Switch. It's just for today I think and it's a 35% saving.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ultra-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B01IC0GJKE/

SanDisk Ultra 200 on Amazon France for €71. That appears to be almost €20 below the French average price.

It's going for around €88 on Amazon UK at the moment but was on offer for a mere €40 back on Black Friday.

Was looking for a USB charger for the Switch on the go, Amazon basket flagged this unrelated item :
    Yoshi's Island 3DS + Poochi Amiibo for £36. Seems like a better deal than Smyths were offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Was looking for a USB charger for the Switch on the go, Amazon basket flagged this unrelated item :
    Yoshi's Island 3DS + Poochi Amiibo for £36. Seems like a better deal than Smyths were offering.

Price has done up. Now £44.99

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Banjo wrote:
    Seems like a better deal than Smyths were offering.

Are Smyth's done with Poochy's and Yoshi's with amiibo? Asked in store and the clerk said it wasn't on their systems and they weren't likely to get it in again. How disappointing.

• Advertisement

They usually get one batch now and that's it, they got stuck with the Wii U Twilight Princess HD and Animal Crossing Amiibo sets so try to stock only a few now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement