Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

And here was me thinking I'd have ages to pick it up at my leisure. Oh well ><

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They had a stack of Chibi Robo for the 3DS, with the Amiibo, on the counter in Smyth's.
    Can't even leave it out to let it get robbed, not even the thieves want it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I picked my Poochy&Yoshi with the Amiibo in Gamestop, for my sins, because I happened to have a voucher.
    It was €55 but that's not so bad, only a fiver over the Smyth's price.
    There's still a few dotted around, Dublin at least link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

1-2-Switch (Digital) for £1.99 on Amazon. Surely an error but worth a punt if you have a UK address on your account.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06WP39XBN/ref=dsvrt_ht_your_d_btn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Mr E wrote: »
    1-2-Switch (Digital) for £1.99 on Amazon. Surely an error but worth a punt if you have a UK address on your account.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06WP39XBN/ref=dsvrt_ht_your_d_btn

Wow that was an awesome share, Id like this game but not as a 35stg!!!

I played it and its good for a laugh, but not outright buy, but having it digitally means its always there to demo it to others that dont have a Switch.
    How its should have been Nintendo as a Packin!

Preordered, Thanks a million!!!

1-2 Switch [Switch Download Code]
    Sold by: Amazon Media EU Sarl
    £1.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

We and did it myself there, would be nice if it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

That's about the right price for it. Bomberman too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just missed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Missed it here too, been trying for 5 minutes but Amazon kept on saying the order way unavailable for my country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It's gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    That's about the right price for it. Bomberman too.

why should bomberman be that? fine it could be argued it shouldnt be the same price as say Botw but its actually 10 cheaper.

yeah said that then when I changed it said it was unavailable in the UK then was unavailable completely

Wonder if they'll honour it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They had a stack of Chibi Robo for the 3DS, with the Amiibo, on the counter in Smyth's.
    Can't even leave it out to let it get robbed, not even the thieves want it!

To be fair to that pack, I definitely got my 15 euro value from that pack.

Zip lash is a solid game, the Amiibo is adorable, and the Amiibo functionality with the game is cool.

My only issue is that the way you unlock outfits in the game is really stupid, forces you to consult an online spreadsheet and beat every level at least twice.

No way to 100% the game in a single playthrough.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wonder if they'll honour it

Has to be an error though Amazon are fairly good at honouring their mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

magnumbud wrote: »
    why should bomberman be that? fine it could be argued it shouldnt be the same price as say Botw but its actually 10 cheaper.

They should all be that price. :pac:

The inevitable has happened. Amazon have cancelled all the £1.99 1,2 Switch orders.

Smyths have knocked a whopping €2 off The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U. Grab a bargain, now only €62.99. :rolleyes:

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-743/nintendo-wii-wii-u/p-18728/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-wii-u/

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

I'm getting a Switch on Friday. Any idea where the cheapest micro SD is? I guess I need 128GB ... I mean 256 would be great. But that price is usually a lot. But 128GB might fill up soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B06X9TTMCM/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1487968341&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=snipperclips

If anyone finds a better deal on the snipperclips with neon reverse joycon set. You better post here. 100 seems too high.

• Advertisement

I see a 128GB micro SD card on Adverts for €30.
    Thing is, it's half the price it should be, it's sealed and she has multiple ones for sale.
    Smells like a fake to me, maybe it'll work, maybe it won't and who knows the failure rate.
    I was going to get one but decided against it.
    I'll pick one up for around €50 from a note legit source.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Getting a Switch on Friday - apart from Zelda - are there any other day one games that you guys are going to pick up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I ordered a 128GB U3 SD card for £33 on Amazon, thought that was a pretty good price for decent speed.

I'll be getting Super Bomberman R, and digital download of Snipperclips.

1,2 Switch and Binding of Isaac are what I'm getting in addition to Zelda, but I'm tempted by Snipperclips/Joycon pack now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

If you don't like 1,2 Switch or Zelda what am I supposed to get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    If you don't like 1,2 Switch or Zelda what am I supposed to get?

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/guide_nintendo_switch_launch_games_the_complete_list

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Wii U with Mario Kart 8 - E199.99 in Smyths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Wii U with Mario Kart 8 - E199.99 in Smyths.
    geat deal for anyone wanting to pick up a wiiu just for zelda botw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    1,2 Switch and Binding of Isaac are what I'm getting in addition to Zelda, but I'm tempted by Snipperclips/Joycon pack now as well.

I was the same re: Snipperclips but figure Zelda will keep me busy until the 10th so can get it for free/reduced with the second set of Joy-cons.

Keeping an eye on the eventual price for the bundle, I'd say it'll be a bargain one way or another.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement