Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »

Sligo?

Kip.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I have the Twilight Princess offer in my basket but really don't know whether I should get it considering in all likelihood, I'm just paying €20 to put it on my shelf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

...and you'll have your Wolf companion for BotW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I have the Twilight Princess offer in my basket but really don't know whether I should get it considering in all likelihood, I'm just paying €20 to put it on my shelf!

I'm going up to Smyths in Tallaght tomorrow to buy it, if there's any left.
    So don't bother buying it, in case they need to order it in for me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

Do it! I bought it a few weeks ago in argos for €35 mostly just for to have the amibo for BOTW. Forgotten how good it was. Have 25hrs put into already years since I've put so much time into a console game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Ryath wrote: »
    Do it! I bought it a few weeks ago in argos for €35 mostly just for to have the amibo for BOTW. Forgotten how good it was. Have 25hrs put into already years since I've put so much time into a console game

Went for it and of course went and got the Mario Tennis game for €15 to get me over the "free" shipping threshold rather than paying a fiver delivery...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yoink on the Zelda: Twilight Princess. No good for the game, but I want to get some Zelda Amiibo for BotW :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-743/nintendo-wii-wii-u/p-15851/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-with-amiibo-soundtrack-cd/

Stupidly good value. I knew I had to have it.

Seriously though this will only rise in price over time. It's Zelda with an amiibo and a cd on a console that didn't sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

EDIT: Wrong thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

That_Guy wrote: »
    EDIT: Wrong thread.

I think you might have got the wrong thread buddy. That's a stupidly expensive indie rhythm title. I jut don't get rhythm games at all. Especially at the price. Nice graphics on the intro though. I like the strats on the wall.

• Advertisement

Anyone feeling last gen, Tesco Ballybrack have 2 black nunchucks and an M+ "johnnysock", 10 each in the discount electrical basket aisle 1. Not exactly bargaing of the century but hey...

Sorry about the triple post, unable to edit the double post above to delete it :D{Done that for ya Banjo! - SL}

Sooo, according to my Amazon basket, the Anker 20100 powerbank is £21.74 today (usually 28). This will apparently power a Switch (it says the output is 4.8A but I think the output of a single port is 5v 2.4A which should be enough to run it undocked. You will need a suitable USB A-C cable which Anker would be delighted to sell you I'm sure).

Notes :
    They won't ship it to ireland or northern ireland so you'll need to make alternative arrangements
    Also, this is not the 20100+, the one that takes 2 inputs for charging and charges up like lightning - this one takes around 8-10 hours to charge up and doesn't support QuickCharge.
    Deal ends today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-743/nintendo-wii-wii-u/p-15851/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-with-amiibo-soundtrack-cd/

Stupidly good value. I knew I had to have it.

Seriously though this will only rise in price over time. It's Zelda with an amiibo and a cd on a console that didn't sell.

I picked one up in Galway myself for the same reason. No plans on ever buying a Wii U again (unless they go for 50 euro in CEX :) )

Is there a way I can preserve the unopened state of this, while still use the Amiibo for BotW?

I've thrown out the packaging now so I can't be 100% sure, but I don't think so - the original Amiibo had a sticker under them that stopped you using them in the packaging (that you could scrape away very carefully if you made a tiny incision where the bottom edge of the cardboard met the plastic front) but I think the Wolf amiibo has the silvery-cardboard-insert inside it, I don't know how you'd cut a chunk out of that without damaging the rest of the packaging.

Ye I thought as much. I actually wanna use this amiibo for a change, compared to the 4 Yarn Yoshi's I have still in their original wrapping (as is the game disc).

Maybe I'll just have to get two!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kuila021

It's so weird that Smyth doesn't do stock transfers. So, now I'm in Dublin, does that mean I have to drive to Drogheda to get it? (in reference to the Zelda Twilight Princess deal)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Picked up the limited edition of Twilight Princess for €20 in Smyths today in Claremorris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Xenji wrote: »
    Picked up the limited edition of Twilight Princess for €20 in Smyths today in Claremorris.

Was looking at that myself for the Amiibo but realised I wouldn't spend 20euro on one unless I had a guaranteed buyer for the Wii U game and the music CD to offset the cost :)

Rhyme wrote: »
    Xenji wrote: »

Was looking at that myself for the Amiibo but realised I wouldn't spend 20euro on one unless I had a guaranteed buyer for the Wii U game and the music CD to offset the cost :)
    I'd take the game off your hands

• Advertisement

Kuila021 wrote: »

Just looked and nowhere in Dublin has it in stock :/

Will I send you a pm if it comes back at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I actually did not have the game itself, so the Amiibo was a bonus, it will probably be the last Wii U game I purchase, rounds out my collection nicely.

Sure. I'm looking to possibly drive up to Drogheda on Saturday. I could get 2 unless there are any kind souls out there who would buy it for us and ship it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I've 2 copies of this bundle but would love more. That's a great price but there hasn't been any really in Dublin since the last price drop to €35. €20 for a game, soundtrack and amiibo is great value and this bundle I think will increase in value over time.

Sure. I'm looking to possibly drive up to Drogheda on Saturday. I could get 2 unless there are any kind souls out there who would buy it for us and ship it!

I'll hold off for now I think, was thinking I'd just walk into a Smyths here and be done with it. Not enough time over the next few weeks :/

If you're selling the Amiibo in the future, give me a shout and I'll take it off your hands for a price you're happy with.

I might be interested in this. Will know at the weekend.

There's no stock according to the website, but if you're in smyths ask about their €50 White Wii U! (117560)

Pikachu Amiibo €5, only in one store (139918)
    Kirby too, but no stock on the site :( (139919)
    Wiimote in black. €20 (126230)
    Pokken Tournament €30 (151842) stock in Sligo and a couple of others beyond the pale

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Pokken for that price ain't bad actually! I might try pick it up! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Symths has Majoras Mask 3D for 25!

• Advertisement

I was in getting a case for my Switch (Starfox is €20 BTW if you didn't get it from Argos), casually asked about the €50 WiiU White, at first the guy seemed completely flummoxed by the idea but - and I could be wrong - I detected a tiny hint of dollar signs rolling in his eyes... could be paranoia on my part. Anyway, none in Carrickmines. Still have the €200 black WiiUs though. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement