Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭geotrig

werent those white wiiu sold off ages ago ? i thought they where not at 50 quid but with a chunk of change off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

BOTW for Wii U €54.99 in Argos. You're welcome. On my way to Tallaght to collect it :) (none of Dublin city centre stores had it when i checked just 5 mins ago)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

manual_man wrote: »
    BOTW for Wii U €54.99 in Argos. You're welcome. On my way to Tallaght to collect it :) (none of Dublin city centre stores had it when i checked just 5 mins ago)

Great for those who haven't picked it up yet. No regrets paying an extra €8 honestly I'd have been happy paying a €100 it's that good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

manual_man wrote: »

Was in Gamestop about that time. If you're willing to pay the extra fiver, you can get yourself a copy second-hand!!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

No Majors or €50 Wii u in blanch. One €200 Wii u left.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 camsterb

my friend literally bought 2 days ago in argos for 63 euro.

WTF. Random price drop since it's obviously selling out anyway.

camsterb wrote: »
    my friend literally bought 2 days ago in argos for 63 euro.

WTF. Random price drop since it's obviously selling out anyway.

63 was fine I think (70 is eshop price). Just lucky to get it at 55 not sure if it's a mistake or they overstocked on Wii U edition or something. Anyway my beanbag and BOTW await

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

alekito wrote: »

its not out til friday though right? this could be a misprice. im gonna try and pick it up friday for that price if it is not a misprice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

magnumbud wrote: »
    its not out til friday though right? this could be a misprice. im gonna try and pick it up friday for that price if it is not a misprice

Weirdly it's showing up for every store now as Not Available even though I'm holding it right now after getting it an hour ago. It wasn't a misprice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

Smyths UK site have a Preorder discount offer for Nintendo Switch Lego City Undercover. £34.99 with discount code PRE5. Includes a LEGO mini figure.

Smyths Ireland site has it listed at €64.99 with a €5 discount. Maybe it will be updated tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kuila021

The Zelda Twilight Princess Wii U bundle is available for delivery on Smyth's website if anyone is interested. I picked that up with Lego Star Wars for PS4 to make up the free shipping difference

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Weirdly it's showing up for every store now as Not Available even though I'm holding it right now after getting it an hour ago. It wasn't a misprice.

cool ta, have it bought with click and collect, waiting on the confirmation email and try and collect it at lunch time

EDIT: just picked this up there. happy out :) wanted snipperclips anyway so looking at it as getting it free with joycons set which i would have bought down the line anyway for multiplayer where you need more than 1 joycon each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Keep getting an error when I click on check-out.

Edit: Nevermind, got it sorted. That's 4 copies of the Twilight Princess HD bundle I've now bought(already own 2). I hope I'm right in thinking it'll be worth money in years to come.

sligeach wrote: »
    Keep getting an error when I click on check-out.

Edit: Nevermind, got it sorted. That's 4 copies of the Twilight Princess HD bundle I've now bought(already own 2). I hope I'm right in thinking it'll be worth money in years to come.

not when everyone is doing the same thing ..... :pac:

This deal might suit some people. Especially those in Dublin. Nintendo Switch Console (Grey) With Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild for €394.98. Delivery is free I'm fairly sure.

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/nintendo-switch-console-grey-with-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/1600156890.prd
    geotrig wrote: »
    not when everyone is doing the same thing .....

Not everyone. There's only so much supply and it went out of stock for delivery about half an hour later. People will be looking for this in years to come, it's Zelda and has plenty of contents.

This deal might suit some people. Especially those in Dublin. Nintendo Switch Console (Grey) With Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild for €394.98. Delivery is free I'm fairly sure.

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/nintendo-switch-console-grey-with-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/1600156890.prd

Not everyone. There's only so much supply and it went out of stock for delivery about half an hour later. People will be looking for this in years to come, it's Zelda and has plenty of contents.

I know I was only joshing . Of course it's gonna be worth a few quid ..all I was getting at is years ago people didn't buy to hord just to play where as these days alot people are buying because they are hoping to cash in on their un opened box /game ... I'm not sure what the likes off a link to the past goes for these days but in the grand scheme of things not a huge lot.

You also could have bought a switch for a couple quid more 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭baldshin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

http://checksmyths.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=140467

No stock in Dublin but its dotted around the country. And certain elements will be delighted to hear that its £5 in the UK so for once we're getting the better deal. Take that, Brexit!

baldshin wrote: »

Bleh. No option for home delivery. I want this

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wonder_wall

Hey guys,
    New to boards so sorry if I break any etiquette or if this post is in the wrong thread or anything. Was just thinking of buying a New 3DS/3DS XL and was wondering where the best place to buy is. I've seen some lists on here for reasons to buy a new 3DS over the original, so decided on the new one. A bundle with one of the Pokemon games would be ideal, but I must be looking in the wrong places as I haven't seen any online or in-store. The cheapest I've seen in-store is Argos at €225, and Amazon UK is a bit pricier at £200. Was just wondering if any of you had some advice to give, as I've never owned a Nintendo handheld and have been on the fence for the last number of months. Thanks in advance!
    P.S. I'm aware the new versions don't ship with a charger, and I've looked into a 2DS and don't think it's for me. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

Guitar Hero live €15 in smyths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Any idea which stores? Can't see it on their website. 15 including the guitar?

ionapaul wrote: »
    Any idea which stores? Can't see it on their website. 15 including the guitar?

Yes €15 including guitar in all stores.

How much was this in Argos again? I can't remember, bought it just before Christmas, similar price I think. No intention of playing it of course.

How much was this in Argos again? I can't remember, bought it just before Christmas, similar price I think. No intention of playing it of course.

It was €27

• Advertisement

da gamer wrote: »
    It was €27

I knew it wasn't that high so I checked.

http://checkargos.com/product/4388591

It was €16.99 back at the end of November.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement