Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

sligeach wrote: »
    I knew it wasn't that high so I checked.

http://checkargos.com/product/4388591

It was €16.99 back at the end of November.

I paid €27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you check the graph on the site Sligeach linked to, looks like it was €16.99 from November 25th - 28th.

Was €27.99 from July 26th - October 15th, and has been €26.99 since January 21st.

Star Lord wrote: »
    If you check the graph on the site Sligeach linked to, looks like it was €16.99 from November 25th - 28th.

Was €27.99 from July 26th - October 15th, and has been €26.99 since January 21st.

I understand that thank you. I merely stated I paid €27 for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Well, I bought it for a tenner in Carrefour last summer. Eat my bargain, Bitches!!

Anyone know if the servers are still live? Guitar Hero TV is great value for 15 quid (you play whatever song is streaming at that moment in time, but with the option to earn/buy tokens to play your faves), but Guitar Hero Live is a little on the thin side with about half as many songs as you normally get (it's only 40ish), most of them are "modern" and not a lot of rock/metal on show, and there's no DLC to play locally.

If you're an old-school 5 button player looking at those 2x3 buttons and thinking "that's way too easy", it's not. They make it very complicated very quickly, with lots of barring and wierd finger combinations that tickle the same "I'm a rock god!" braincells as switching your anchor point up and down the old GH controller did.

Don't forget, if there's only the 1 WiiU copy in your local you can buy it on PS3 and use that guitar for Player 2!

I'm getting a serious case of Deja Vu on this post - probably posted the same waffle back in November :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Hey guys,
    New to boards so sorry if I break any etiquette or if this post is in the wrong thread or anything. Was just thinking of buying a New 3DS/3DS XL and was wondering where the best place to buy is. I've seen some lists on here for reasons to buy a new 3DS over the original, so decided on the new one. A bundle with one of the Pokemon games would be ideal, but I must be looking in the wrong places as I haven't seen any online or in-store. The cheapest I've seen in-store is Argos at €225, and Amazon UK is a bit pricier at £200. Was just wondering if any of you had some advice to give, as I've never owned a Nintendo handheld and have been on the fence for the last number of months. Thanks in advance!
    P.S. I'm aware the new versions don't ship with a charger, and I've looked into a 2DS and don't think it's for me. Thanks again!

Hi bought mine as a warehouse deal from amazon france i think, as recommended by people here. It was about 190 with Zelda LBW. It was "refurbished" but is as good as new.
    It's a great system i'm currently addicted to SteamWorld Heist. Get one you'll have no regrets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01N3374BH/

I think this thread is about bargains.

The charging grip is 25 pounds right now, works out about 29 euro, so 6 cheaper than GameStop.
    Not the best bargain but.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Posted a few times now it's oos in most stores other than Dundalk.

They have loads of the cards on the shelf in Jervis, but the guy on the counter spun some line of bull**** about small print that wasn't there on either the physical card or the web page, about it being a bundle price with a new WiiU ("why would you bundle a 3ds game with a WiiU? " -blank stare) . anyway, its ringing up at 50 quid

Banjo wrote: »
    They have loads of the cards on the shelf in Jervis, but the guy on the counter spun some line of bull**** about small print that wasn't there on either the physical card or the web page, about it being a bundle price with a new WiiU ("why would you bundle a 3ds game with a WiiU? " -blank stare) . anyway, its ringing up at 50 quid

Nonsense, I got one yesterday for €5 no problem. Still @ €5 & £5 on both their sites, it's not a "bundle deal" offer or a pricing error, they have to give you it at that price. I'd be posting up on their Facebook page that you were refused sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 malteasermia

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Nonsense, I got one yesterday for €5 no problem. Still @ €5 & £5 on both their sites, it's not a "bundle deal" offer or a pricing error, they have to give you it at that price. I'd be posting up on their Facebook page that you were refused sale.

I was refused sale as well in Jervis, he firstly tried to tell me it was a UK only offer, when I pulled it up on my phone he told me it was an entirely different Mario Kart download card, which they were out of... even though it was the exact same as the online description. He said the offer was for a code that prints off at the till or scratches off or something, then said the card they had in store was 50 euro on the till and he couldn't give it to me. Raging now.

I was refused sale as well in Jervis, he firstly tried to tell me it was a UK only offer, when I pulled it up on my phone he told me it was an entirely different Mario Kart download card, which they were out of... even though it was the exact same as the online description. He said the offer was for a code that prints off at the till or scratches off or something, then said the card they had in store was 50 euro on the till and he couldn't give it to me. Raging now.
    Well I got this yesterday in Dundalk with no issues at all, don't know what Jervis is at :confused:

DSC00944mk7.jpg

Probably the same fella, as he told me he'd just had the same conversation with someone else ! (around 1-2pmish on Saturday). Lying Motherfather!

If I post on Facebook my mrs will know I was trying to buy video games when I was meant to be watching the kids... Catch 22!

Edit : Ah! That *is* a different card to the ones they have in Jervis. And it does say "bundle pack" on it. Maybe he was telling the truth? Dundalk was one of the few places that had them listed as stocked when the deal went live last week.

Probably the same fella, as he told me he'd just had the same conversation with someone else ! (around 1-2pmish on Saturday). Lying Motherfather!

If I post on Facebook my mrs will know I was trying to buy video games when I was meant to be watching the kids... Catch 22!

Edit : Ah! That *is* a different card to the ones they have in Jervis. And it does say "bundle pack" on it. Maybe he was telling the truth? Dundalk was one of the few places that had them listed as stocked when the deal went live last week.
    lol, just say the game is for the kids :)

Is this the card you seen in Jervis:

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-923/digital-downloads/p-14365/super-mario-kart-wii-u-download-card/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 malteasermia

hellboy99 wrote: »

No, the card I saw was the bundle one above

No it was definitely Mariokart 7 for the 3DS. but it doesn't look like the one you bought with the scratch-card bit at the bottom and it doesn't have Bundle Code written on it.

That card is now gone from the site, by the way :(
    http://checksmyths.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=140467
    But it's still on the system and Dundalk is still green... I wonder could I dovetail this with an educational trip to tour the dairy?

No it was definitely Mariokart 7 for the 3DS. but it doesn't look like the one you bought with the scratch-card bit at the bottom and it doesn't have Bundle Code written on it.

That card is now gone from the site, by the way :(
    http://checksmyths.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=140467
    But it's still on the system and Dundalk is still green... I wonder could I dovetail this with an educational trip to tour the dairy?
    Showing out of stock now:

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-694/nintendo-3ds-2ds-ds/p-9924/mario-kart-7-3ds-download-card/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jervis one is not the bundle card it is the standard version tried to buy it last week myself when it is scanned it shows up as €49.99 on the system, sucks but its true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Thanks, picked it up, dunno if I'll ever play it but sure for 15 that's okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Great game but only available in a handful of stores and no home delivery option. Still, I've just purchased this game for the 3rd time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Great game but only available in a handful of stores and no home delivery option. Still, I've just purchased this game for the 3rd time.

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭geotrig

part of his masterplan to make 20 odd quid :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

fixxxer wrote: »
    Why?

Pfft "someone" doesn't get bargain alerts :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

fixxxer wrote: »
    Why?

So it can gather dust like the rest of my collection. I've a sealed Collectors Edition, a Collectors Edition that I've opened and now just the sealed game on its own. Lacking that big manky green USK logo on the cover and the other white one. Like it really needs 3 12's certificates.

Great game but only available in a handful of stores and no home delivery option.
    I got mine home delivered just before my last post, is it stopped now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I got mine home delivered just before my last post, is it stopped now?

I had it in my basket with home delivery and I was seeing what I could put to it to get free delivery and it was gone by the time I was done.

Juts how many copies did sligeach order?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I had it in my basket with home delivery and I was seeing what I could put to it to get free delivery and it was gone by the time I was done.
    That's a pity now :l I just bought it and paid for postage. I'd be forever picking out stuff up to get free postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I'd be forever picking out stuff up to get free postage.

That's an excuse i like to use when Amazon shopping:

"Ah Rayman Legends is only £13. I better pick up Odin Sphere Special Edition to get the free postage."

• Advertisement

Don't know if it's been mentioned already but Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii u is €15 in Smyths. I wouldn't try Jervis Smyths though, I picked up the last 3 copies. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement