Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yeah I got it for free & then got a €2 DLC addon, the campaign mode remains locked until purchase though

Until purchase of full game or the dlc??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Buying dlc clears the 3-times-a-day block only

Story mode is a tenner, Kong mode is a tenner, a bunch of maps are 2 quid each...

The full game for under 20 is a good deal, if you like the gameplay

Banjo wrote: »
    Buying dlc clears the 3-times-a-day block only

Story mode is a tenner, Kong mode is a tenner, a bunch of maps are 2 quid each...

The full game for under 20 is a good deal, if you like the gameplay
    no online play is kinda killing it for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nintendoland 32gb bundle has dropped to £250 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008B5YB4W/ref=ox_sc_sfl_image_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I knew leaving that in my basket would pay off one day. Asda may still have a better deal on but at least with Amazon you won't have all that messing with addresses

Can add either ZombiU or Sonic Racing for £25

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can add either ZombiU or Sonic Racing for £25
    zombi u is only ok expect it in bargain racks very soon.. hell when it drops in price ill get it myself ;)

• Advertisement

A launch title from Ubisoft in a bargain bin? Within 6 months? Surely you jest sir! They are a reputable developer of some pedigree, and your £25 is safe with them

Now to see how my Irish property and Greek sovereign debt portfolio is performing...

Sonic costs less than 25 sterling on amazon (from sellers) at the moment so either get zombiu or leave them both

A launch title from Ubisoft in a bargain bin? Within 6 months? Surely you jest sir! They are a reputable developer of some pedigree, and your £25 is safe with them

Now to see how my Irish property and Greek sovereign debt portfolio is performing...

Sonic costs less than 25 sterling on amazon (from sellers) at the moment so either get zombiu or leave them both
    Zombi u will definitely end up selling at a massive discount. I would wait monster hunter out shortly save that 25 pound trust me zombi u is good but not amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Until purchase of full game or the dlc??

As someone else said, the buying of DLC unlocks the turn based lock only. I got the game free & bought the Kong mode for €2. The campaign remains locked though
    no online play is kinda killing it for me

This. Such huge potential wasted. The novelty of playing with cpu opponents wears off very quickly. I'm not a fan of multiplayer stuff at all, but if ever there was a candidate for a multiplayer game...this is it

Can they patch it in?
    Given that it's a DL game, presumably they can, though not sure how that affects owners of the disk. Other games seem to use local memory for updates, so presumably Tx3 could too? Not sure if that extends to fundamental changes to the executable rather than just mod plug-ins.

@DK - perhaps I'm being too subtle. As far as I can tell from the Wii and 3DS, if Ubisoft is written on the cover it'll be under €15 within 6 months of release. I was, however, attempting to make that point in a pseudo-humorous manner, hence the reference to other bad hypothetical investments I have made.

However, it's cheaper to buy ZombiU at that price and trade it in after a week than it is to rent it ( I think. YMMV!) at the moment so not a bad way of trying it out if you can't stay up till the 5 minute window between 2:55am and 3am where Nintendo will let you download the demo. I think. YMMV!

So since the bundle went away but is back now, I'm trying to order Wii U with Mario from Asda. So quick question about parcel motel for anyone who's used them: do they have a UK number I can use? I only see the 1890 contact number on their site

• Advertisement

They do - I googled their Antrim address (nOTE : Parcel motel is operated by Niteline Couriers) and got it, think it was an 0800 number but Zavvi took it. The 3rd time.

Edit : UK number 028 9084 8411

And before you worry - even with an additional game and a controller hard-case the box fit into the Parcel Motel locker so there was no need to visit the depot to collect it. But it was a high locker, so the floor was sloped to make getting the parcel easier> be ready to catch it when the door opens :)

Thanks. I was going to do Click and Collect to just have it delivered to Strabane Asda, but oddly enough they'll deliver the Wii U on it's own, but won't deliver the bundle. Even stranger is that the store would have both in stock themselves anyway so delivery's not really required. But the offer isn't available instore so it's just all messed up.

Ah well, I have my second free stay to use up anyway

Gamestop advertising the WiiU Premium Bundle (ie 32GB + Nintendoland) for €319.97 this weekend only in a mailshot that just went out.

Not the best deal out there but it's bricks n mortar and you don't need to cross an international border to avail of it...

Edit :
    Also, apparently Chasing Aurora is half price on the e-Shop too. Only if you access through WiiU eShop channel. Anyone confirm?
    And is it any good? Gutted I missed Trine 2....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Edit :
    Also, apparently Chasing Aurora is half price on the e-Shop too. Only if you access through WiiU eShop channel. Anyone confirm?
    And is it any good? Gutted I missed Trine 2....

It's half price(Was €11.99-Now €5.99),don't know if it's any good though.But there's a 62MB demo available for download,if you want to try it out.

So there is! That's new.
    Didn't think much of it. Feels like single player is a secondary afterthought. Pass.!

Off topic : warning ; either put your tumble dryer in the shed at the end of the garden OR play the ZombiU demo. For gods sake don't do both lest you find yourself having to get the wash in at 1am and your wife refuses to keep zombie sketch for you.
    Jaysus. Great game, but couldn't take that stress for long. Shows how great Aliens CM should be (but isnt) with the motion tracker...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Jaysus. Great game, but couldn't take that stress for long. Shows how great Aliens CM should be (but isnt) with the motion tracker...
    I got myself stuck quite early in the game, and struggling to figure out any strategy to get around it! I get stressed every time I try, but I enjoy trying!

Back on topic: has anyone seen any good pre - order prices for Lego City Undercover?

Back on topic: has anyone seen any good pre - order prices for Lego City Undercover?
    Wowhd have it for €43 which seems pretty good given its £40 on amazon and more on Zavvi. Wowhd delivery can be dodgy though I hear. Shopto have it at £38. Never used them though

Has any game implemented a trophy/achievement type thing yet? I don't collect them, but just curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Has any game implemented a trophy/achievement type thing yet? I don't collect them, but just curious.

Nintendoland has stamps, 5 for every attraction, similar to Wii Sports Resort. I don't think any other game has anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Ordered the 32GB Premium Bundle 2 days ago from Amazon at £249 (It gone back up to £289) and a few extra games.
    So getting:

32GB Premium Bundle (with Nintendoland) - £249.00
    Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition - £17.77
    New Super Mario Brothers - £38.75
    Sonic All Stars Racing - £22.58

So a total of £328.10 which roughly equal to 380 Yo-Yos total including free shipping - not a bad deal I reckon.

Really looking forward to it :)

• Advertisement

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/punch-out-vc-game-30p-plus-wii-u-wii-u-e-shop-sale-1503830

Looks like a half decent sale (which by Ninty's standard is incredible) is coming to the eshop. And you can get a small discount on nintendoland from Game:

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/punch-out-vc-game-30p-plus-wii-u-wii-u-e-shop-sale-1503830

Assuming they get to you in time which is a big if...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

They just charged my account 18.75 euro so yes delivery included

Just got my Darksiders II, ordered on the 1st! Looking forward to giving it a whirl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Ordered the 32GB Premium Bundle 2 days ago from Amazon at £249 (It gone back up to £289) and a few extra games.
    So getting:

32GB Premium Bundle (with Nintendoland) - £249.00
    Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition - £17.77
    New Super Mario Brothers - £38.75
    Sonic All Stars Racing - £22.58

So a total of £328.10 which roughly equal to 380 Yo-Yos total including free shipping - not a bad deal I reckon.

Really looking forward to it :)
    Did you get your wii u from amazon and if so how long it take to get to you thinking of buying of amazon.

Don't hang about, the £249 deal for the 32gb nintendoland pack is back on.

Or you can go with this bundle via Parcel Motel
    I see asda also have a bundle of Premium with Nintendoland and New Super Mario U for £265

Here

So considering the cost of Mario, this would work out about the same price as Zavi's offer

rob808 wrote: »
    Did you get your wii u from amazon and if so how long it take to get to you thinking of buying of amazon.
    It was shipped today, and I should have it by Friday.
    To be honest, I'd go with amazon as they are great to deal with and have a great returns policy if there are any issues (in my opinion anyhow, and I've been buying from them for over 10 years)

Is there still a long system update to be done after the unboxing or are the latest U's being updated at the factory ?

I asked Nintendo support about that 2 weeks ago, they said there were none in the field yet that had the day 1 update pre-installed. Don't know if that's changed but the sales figures for the last couple of months don't suggest that the initial run has sold out yet - I would anticipate the update being needed.

How big is it ? I've 3MB Broadband so I'm thinking it could take a few hours.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

deadl0ck wrote: »
    How big is it ? I've 3MB Broadband so I'm thinking it could take a few hours.....

I think in reality its about 2GB, not the full 5GB that was originally being claimed. If you have a Wii LAN Adapter the update will go quicker for you & it won't fail

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement