Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Banjo wrote: »

I thanked your post but my credit card hates you!

So very tempted to buy mass effect but I haven't played the other two and with deus ex winging its way to me at the moment and donkey kong on its way to me at the end of the month there's just no point. I wouldn't have the time to sink into it which it deserves. By the time I do wanna play it I'll probably get it even cheaper than 12quid. Lol.

***edit.... decided to buy Mass Effect 3 and Batman Arkham City as well.***

Injustice however now that I'll take that alright for 12quid it'll tide me over till smash bros.

Batman arkham city for anyone who hasn't played btw is well worth 12 quid also.

***edit.... just remembered it was arkham asylum I played a year or so ago not arkham city so as above I decided to buy it in the end.***

Great value games. Deus Ex has gone back up from 16euro to 56euro on Zavvi. Glad I got it when I did!

***edit...To be honest if these games werent playable on the gamepad I definately wouldnt have bought them but because they are I reckon I'll get through them. Ive never played so many games tbh. I know I've said it before but I'll say it again the game pad is just fantastic. I'm flying through Super Mario 3D world at the minute. On world 6 already. Loads of stuff to go back to but flying through the main game itself. Definately a lot easier than NSMB Wii U, still great stuff though.

So once I'm finished that I'll get in to Deus Ex as its been on my to do list for waaaaay too long at this stage.***

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just saw this thread on Bargain Alerts.

Though I'd post the link here in case anyone is interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is there any of them in stock anywhere in Dublin? Love to buy this for someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Some terrible pricing over in Zavvi's Valentines sale, (such as Deus Ex jumping to €56!) but it does include Arkham Origins for €18.75, including the Deathstroke DLC. Assuming WB bothered their arse to put the DLC onto the eShop and made it available to all EU territories...

HUKD are reporting NSLuigiB U and Wonderful 101 down to £21 on Amazon. Pikmin is still at that pricepoint and is now in stock instead of showing "ships in 2-3 months".

Some terrible pricing over in Zavvi's Valentines sale, (such as Deus Ex jumping to €56!) but it does include Arkham Origins for €18.75, including the Deathstroke DLC. Assuming WB bothered their arse to put the DLC onto the eShop and made it available to all EU territories...

HUKD are reporting NSLuigiB U and Wonderful 101 down to £21 on Amazon. Pikmin is still at that pricepoint and is now in stock instead of showing "ships in 2-3 months".

Thats a good price for Pikmin. Must .. not.... buy!!

Damn you Banjo! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Oh my that's cheap but again noooo so many games to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Oh my that's cheap but again noooo so many games to play

:( Luigi sad, so sad :(

:( Luigi sad, so sad :(

I've bought 3 games recently that are on route from zavvi.

Injustice
    Mass effect 3
    Batman arkham city

Sooo I really don't have any need for it yet. Soon though.

Note to Murphyebass - don't worry, none of these are unmissable games, your wallet is safe!

If you prefer to not use Zavvi, Amazon now have Arkham Origins for £14.99 - the image shows the Deathstroke splash so presume it's included?

To get your SuperSaver on, why not consider Sonic Racing Transformed, which *Edit* has just dropped a further £1.50 to £13.99

HUKD are reporting some deals in Game.co.uk - Nintendoland @ £5 , CoD Ghosts for £26 and Assassin's Creed 4 for £19.99 (£36.99 if you want the collectables) - prices don't include delivery.

Not sure I'm arsed about AC IV - I started playing AC III last night and can't help but feel I've missed a LOT of exposition in a game where buying into the character's arc is critical to sustaining your interest in the endless non-interactive conversations. BTW - If like me this is your first AC game, don't worry - your Wii U is not sh!tting out it's GPU, all those untextured polygons are supposed to be there, it'll sort itself out after about an hour of you walking between cut-scenes....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

NSLuigiB U is €20 from the eShop but it requires NSMB U to play it (the eShop version is DLC only).

The physical copy is a stand-alone game. Also, it comes in a green box, and not many other games can say that (except the Erotic Adventures of the Incredible Hulk), you can sell it on second hand to recoup some cash when you're finished and is potentially going to be collectable later on (though given how it's still on sale despite being limited edition, that looks increasingly unlikely.)

Note to Murphyebass - don't worry, none of these are unmissable games, your wallet is safe!

If you prefer to not use Zavvi, Amazon now have Arkham Origins for £14.99 - the image shows the Deathstroke splash so presume it's included?

To get your SuperSaver on, why not consider Sonic Racing Transformed, which *Edit* has just dropped a further £1.50 to £13.99

HUKD are reporting some deals in Game.co.uk - Nintendoland @ £5 , CoD Ghosts for £26 and Assassin's Creed 4 for £19.99 (£36.99 if you want the collectables) - prices don't include delivery.

Not sure I'm arsed about AC IV - I started playing AC III last night and can't help but feel I've missed a LOT of exposition in a game where buying into the character's arc is critical to sustaining your interest in the endless non-interactive conversations. BTW - If like me this is your first AC game, don't worry - your Wii U is not sh!tting out it's GPU, all those untextured polygons are supposed to be there, it'll sort itself out after about an hour of you walking between cut-scenes....

only one id have any interest in there would be AC4. I don't normally like the AC games but this one has boat and pirates. Ill get it when it goes down in price. Still more than i want to pay for it and im in no rush for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

NSLuigiB U is €20 from the eShop but it requires NSMB U to play it (the eShop version is DLC only).

The physical copy is a stand-alone game. Also, it comes in a green box, and not many other games can say that (except the Erotic Adventures of the Incredible Hulk), you can sell it on second hand to recoup some cash when you're finished and is potentially going to be collectable later on (though given how it's still on sale despite being limited edition, that looks increasingly unlikely.)

Thanks. I actually have NSMB U already so think I'll get the eShop version.

I have a reservation code for the last copy in Argos Dundrum if anyone wants it?

on their site Gamestop have a 2 for €50 running, which has nothing of value in it (no sign of Pikmin 3 or NS Luigi B U), but in the 2 for €30 there's Deus Ex, Fifa 13 and Splinter Cell for WiiU - regrettably no sign of Resident Evil, but check instore 'cause it was in there over Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I have a copy of Super Luigi reserved at 24.99 at Argos in Omni park. It has to be collected by 9pm tonight, i'm not going to be able to make it down so if anybody wants the reservation number let me know.

They also have a couple of copies of Pikmin 3 for 29 euro.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1299762/Trail/searchtext%3EWII+U.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

on their site Gamestop have a 2 for €50 running, which has nothing of value in it (no sign of Pikmin 3 or NS Luigi B U), but in the 2 for €30 there's Deus Ex, Fifa 13 and Splinter Cell for WiiU - regrettably no sign of Resident Evil, but check instore 'cause it was in there over Christmas.

Just picked up Deus Ex and Splinter Cell in Stephens Green. Pretty good deal.
    Think Fifa was the only other Wii U game in the 2 for 30 deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

mise wrote: »
    Just picked up Deus Ex and Splinter Cell in Stephens Green. Pretty good deal.
    Think Fifa was the only other Wii U game in the 2 for 30 deal

Deus Ex is an amazing game, just finished it for the first time and will be going back for more.

Oh and here's a bargain for yez...

Was in xtravision this evening and they've Batman:Arkham Asylum, Tekken and a few others reducded to 14.99. Super Mari Bros U for 20 too.

Picked up Tekken meself so looking forward to that after the valentine rituals are over...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Is that the 32 GB?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Is that the 32 GB?
    I'd say so seeing as it's been reduced from €325

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I'd say so seeing as it's been reduced from €325
    I guess I just found it hard to believe my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Is that the 32 GB?

Nah, just 8GB.

Nah, just 8GB.
    You sure? If so, on the one hand, aw damn, but on the other it isn't that big a deal with external hard drive support. Have a 1 TB that has nothing on it now, so could use that right away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,497 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://www.zavvi.com/games-3ds/mario-tennis-open/10549589.html
    €20.15~ for Mario Tennis seems alright to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

smokingman wrote: »
    Deus Ex is an amazing game, just finished it for the first time and will be going back for more.

Oh and here's a bargain for yez...

Was in xtravision this evening and they've Batman:Arkham Asylum, Tekken and a few others reducded to 14.99. Super Mari Bros U for 20 too.

Picked up Tekken meself so looking forward to that after the valentine rituals are over...;)

Which xtravision was SMB U?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

sweetie wrote: »

Was only reduced to 29.99 in Newbridge. Still a good deal tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

sweetie wrote: »

That was in Athy. Not many left though.

Not a massive drop but I know a few people mentioned they were waiting for this to come down in price
    Sonic Lost World - £26.99 on Amazon

Also the Nintendoland 32GB bundle is down to £189 but who really cares any more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Surprised recently, looking at the prices for the new Lego Movie The Video Game recently, €49.99 in bricks and mortar and online shops most places, including PSN, and €39.99 on the Nintendo E-Shop!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement