Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm sure those multiple copies are for selling on at cost to fellow WiiU owners who couldn't get to that shop as quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Maybe he's slowly building a staircase to help him reach the Twilight-princess-festooned wardrobe top mentioned earlier in the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Banjo wrote: »
    Maybe he's slowly building a staircase to help him reach the Twilight-princess-festooned wardrobe top mentioned earlier in the thread?

I just spat out my tea laughing at that. Aside from the fact I now have a tea stained t shirt, never change Banjo.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

I see my kindness is yet again being dismissed and thrown back in my face. Cheers dudes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

da gamer wrote: »
    I see my kindness is yet again being dismissed and thrown back in my face. Cheers dudes.

What kindness was that? Saving people a trip to Jervis because you bought all the remaining stock?

Here's the same bargain posted earlier today, notice any difference?
    deadl0ck wrote: »

• Advertisement

I was kind enough to let you guys know about the deal. And I notice a difference, the other poster want as kind as me by saving people a trip to Jervis street. I could have said nothing and somebody here might have wasted a trip going to that store.

I was kind enough to let you guys know about the deal. And I notice a difference, the other poster want as kind as me by saving people a trip to Jervis street. I could have said nothing and somebody here might have wasted a trip going to that store.

... Are you for real?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Don't know if it's been mentioned already but Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii u is €15 in Smyths. I wouldn't try Jervis Smyths though, I picked up the last 3 copies.

Please tell me that was a failed attempt at comedy? I expect to see people try and sell this on Adverts for at least double the price in the coming days. Similar to how people just happened to list the Twilight Princess bundle when Smyths had it reduced.

I think Xenoblade Chronicles X will get a Switch port of some kind. It's too big a game not to. It would also be a thank you from Nintendo to Monolith Soft for their contribution to Zelda: BOTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭deadduck

Andrew76 wrote: »
    What kindness was that? Saving people a trip to Jervis because you bought all the remaining stock?

Here's the same bargain posted earlier today, notice any difference?

i'm guessing the smiley implied he was being sarcastic, and didn't actually by up the last 3 copies. or at least that was my reading of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭deadduck

hang on. so you actually did buy the last 3 copies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

A really odious poster.

deadduck wrote: »
    hang on. so you actually did buy the last 3 copies?

Yes. And I'm sorry I mentioned it now. I just wanted to give you guys the heads up that the is no stock there now.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    A really odious poster.

Who is that aimed at?

Yes. And I'm sorry I mentioned it now. I just wanted to give you guys the heads up that the is no stock there now.

Yes, poor you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

da gamer banned for trolling for reactions again.
    Last warning. Next ban will be permanent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jervis hasn't had Xenoblade X in weeks, they had two copies two weeks ago when this clearence started for €30 each, the game is worth €12 in cex for quite a while now, think it is €16 credit, I bought a copy in Blanch this evening to go with my Wii U was a bit of an impulse buy really as I have both the Wii and 3ds games and still can't use the Wii U on a tv. Blanch still had stock as of 8pm tonight too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Blanch still had stock as of 8pm tonight too.

So you're telling us about an offer we can still take advantage of? I didn't realise that's how this thread worked! :pac:

Dunno why Symths (for example, or argos) bothers to low the price of something when there's no stock anywhere in the country, or the only place in stock is one store in Mullingar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

Star Lord wrote: »
    da gamer banned for trolling for reactions again.
    Last warning. Next ban will be permanent.

Not to drag this on or anything, but can we just not react?

So she got 3 games. Big woooop.

Dunno why Symths (for example, or argos) bothers to low the price of something when there's no stock anywhere in the country, or the only place in stock is one store in Mullingar.

Really?
    Ok, it's like this.
    Game gets released. It's stocked in all the shops. It's €69.99. Some of them sell. 6 months later, that game is taking up space in the stock room and on the shelf, new games are coming out, and no one has bought it for a while. Price drop!

Repeat until they're all gone. They will sell out faster and at higher prices generally the closer you are to a large population centre / the further you are from Sligo. It's hard to tell which one really applies as they are the same thing in effect.

If you get something crazy like the Animal Crossing or Chibi Robo that no one wants at any price, it gets the fabled "€10" sticker. And shortly after the €5 sticker. Anything with those stickers on it they want rid of. Chibi is on 10 at the moment, it's going to go €5 any second, and then it's up to us, we happy few, we band of boardsies, to stand together and stop the likes of Da Gamerdorf from consuming the world with darkness buying them all up.
    /\/ollog wrote:
    Wait... there's a girl out there wandering around with a bag full of collectable Nintendo games and a wicked streak?
    is she hot?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Not to drag this on or anything, but can we just not react?

People may be seen to be censured for apparently "minor" matters, but there's typically more going on, with a history playing an important part in the resulting mod decisions.

You will not be aware what other matters are in motion, and that's the way it should be as it makes sure that the experience of the typical user here isn't sullied by the actions of others who aren't so concerned about the goodwill hereabouts and instead are intent on spreading ill-feeling for larks.

Apologies to Starlord for chiming in on this one.

The Nintendo and A&R forums have precious few bans and warnings dispensed as a result of the behaviour of a handful, and this reflects the overall quality of the people using these forums.
    It should certainly indicate no intent of the mods on these forums to catch people out or reach some sort of "ban quota", whatever mythical beast that might be.

Banjo wrote: »
    Really?
    Ok, it's like this.
    Game gets released. It's stocked in all the shops. It's €69.99. Some of them sell. 6 months later, that game is taking up space in the stock room and on the shelf, new games are coming out, and no one has bought it for a while. Price drop!

Repeat until they're all gone. They will sell out faster and at higher prices generally the closer you are to a large population centre / the further you are from Sligo. It's hard to tell which one really applies as they are the same thing in effect.

If you get something crazy like the Animal Crossing or Chibi Robo that no one wants at any price, it gets the fabled "€10" sticker. And shortly after the €5 sticker. Anything with those stickers on it they want rid of. Chibi is on 10 at the moment, it's going to go €5 any second, and then it's up to us, we happy few, we band of boardsies, to stand together and stop the likes of Da Gamerdorf from consuming the world with darkness buying them all up.

Wait... there's a girl out there wandering around with a bag full of collectable Nintendo games and a wicked streak?
    is she hot?

GI GI GI girl

So you're telling us about an offer we can still take advantage of? I didn't realise that's how this thread worked! :pac:

You are a bold mod, wanting to take advantage, you need to buy me dinner first. chateaubriand and a nice chianti, or no dice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Monster Hunter Generations is €20 in Argos at the minute. Not much stock about but worth it at that price imo.

Already have a copy myself so didn't feel the need to snap up the remaining stock. :P :P

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Monster Hunter Generations is €20 in Argos at the minute. Not much stock about but worth it at that price imo.

Already have a copy myself so didn't feel the need to snap up the remaining stock. :P :P

Too Soon !

I see you Andrew! Running from argos with pockets stuffed full of monster hunter! Shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Pokemon Sun is £24.95 (plus £2 p+p) at the game collection

Not earth shattering but not a bad price by any means

https://www.thegamecollection.net/pokemon-sun-3ds/

For about £5 more Simply Games have the Fan edition (Steelbook case)
    It adds nothing to the game but the moon one is gorgeous...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Collected my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X from Smyths. Rather annoyingly it's not sealed. Bought the Skylanders Supercharged bundle too, the one with DK and Bowser. No intention of ever playing it but it's €10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

sligeach wrote: »
    Collected my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X from Smyths. Rather annoyingly it's not sealed. Bought the Skylanders Supercharged bundle too, the one with DK and Bowser. No intention of ever playing it but it's €10.

Can you explain this to me?

Full disclosure, I buy Lego for myself. I like the building, the shapes and design choices. I like the printing, the minifigures and they way they are used. I don't 'play' as a child would so people don't see the point in what I do, thinking it frivolous and a waste of money. I have to explain my passion (as I have above) and then they understand and some even come to appreciate it (two people I know are now occasional collectors and my collecting may have influenced them).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement