Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anyone thinking of pre-ordering Arms/Splatoon, some discount codes for Amazon today:

Save £20.00 when you spend £150.00 or more on Video Games offered by Amazon.co.uk . Enter code VG20OFF150 at checkout.
    Save £10.00 when you spend £75.00 or more on Video Games offered by Amazon.co.uk . Enter code VG10OFF75 at checkout.
    Save £5.00 when you spend £40.00 or more on Video Games offered by Amazon.co.uk . Enter code VG5OFF40 at checkout.

If you have prime it stacks with the £2 pre-order discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭baldshin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I have some Animal Crossing with 2 amiibo's game if anyone wan'ts it, after looking it up I won't be playing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Argos also have pokemon sun/moon for 31.99. Not a bad price really.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

Argos are selling the metallic black New 3DS XL for €179.99. Not a lot of stock about, but I picked up one from Jervis today.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3775105/Trail/searchtext%3ENEW+3DS+XL+.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Some preowned Wii U and 3ds games going 3 for 2 in Smyth's tomorrow Smash Bros Wii U for €35 and Zombie U for €10 Tri Force Heroes for €15 were what I recall seeing, Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon were not included.

• Some preowned Wii U and 3ds games going 3 for 2 in Smyth's tomorrow Smash Bros Wii U for €35 and Zombie U for €10 Tri Force Heroes for €15 were what I recall seeing, Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon were not included.

Which stores though? Most Wii u games out of stock in smyths on the site

Jervis literally had pre owned Smash Bros and Twilight Princess both for €35 each and Zombie U for €10 it is select games on offer, there was no list available blanch had one Wii U game in their basket this evening not sure what it was I was looking for Omega Ruby myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Some preowned Wii U and 3ds games going 3 for 2 in Smyth's tomorrow Smash Bros Wii U for €35 and Zombie U for €10 Tri Force Heroes for €15 were what I recall seeing, Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon were not included.

Is this a good price? I was going to wait for the new 2DS but tempted by this.

Zelda is over priced at €35 as it doesn't come with the amiibo, but if you buy 3 different €35 games you end up paying €23.33 each for them, well €23.34 for one. Might be worth a look at some of the other games available as I think it is across all formats but again only selected games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Zelda is over priced at €35 as it doesn't come with the amiibo, but if you buy 3 different €35 games you end up paying €23.33 each for them, well €23.34 for one. Might be worth a look at some of the other games available as I think it is across all formats but again only selected games.

Good luck finding a store with one Twilight Princess, let alone 3 in the same store. :pac:

Jevis has one twilight princess and I said three different games not three of the same, these deals are always more complex than they should be, or I could just be Scar setting the trap for Mufasa with all you Wildebeast about to stampede for no reason other than taking out who is in my way.

Whole lot of nothing in these reductions in smyths, ended up buying Pokemon Omega Ruby Mario Sonic Rio Olympics and Mario Golf 3d for €60 all in, wasn't a great deal but at least I've got some presents for family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Fortissimo Edition is £55 on Amazon UK. That's roughly €66.50. I know it's not exactly a bargain but considering the game is hard to come by and was being scalped for well in excess of €100 at launch and for a long time after, then the price isn't bad. Plus it will increase in value with time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tokyo-Mirage-Sessions-Fortissimo-Game/dp/B01EMXHM10/

Edit: What's up with this site not recognising the Sterling symbol? I keep having to edit comments for it to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

sligeach wrote: »
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Fortissimo Edition is £55 on Amazon UK. That's roughly €66.50. I know it's not exactly a bargain but considering the game is hard to come by and was being scalped for well in excess of €100 at launch and for a long time after, then the price isn't bad. Plus it will increase in value with time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tokyo-Mirage-Sessions-Fortissimo-Game/dp/B01EMXHM10/

Edit: What's up with this site not recognising the Sterling symbol? I keep having to edit comments for it to work.
    Sorry just noticed that's the nicer one that has stuff. I had alerts set up I ended up getting the game itself for £35.
    It's on Base it's £37 if you want game only https://www.base.com/Games/Tokyo-Mirage-Sessions-FE-Nintendo-Wii-U/TOYMSWIIU/product.htm?awc=2694_1495194996_1ba48413f8505ac9cbfad235f54a9064

Not sure maybe use gbp instead if you can't use sterling symbol

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Fortissimo Edition has already gone back up by £5 on Amazon UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Fortissimo Edition has already gone back up by £5 on Amazon UK.

Yeah I noticed that yesterday at around 4pm, ah well. Got it last month at a slightly higher price so it's still a decent price for a collector's edition.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I saw a fairly cheap Wonderful 101 in Gamestop yesterday, it was 19.99 I think.
    It was in the Clarehall branch, at least I think it was.
    Sure, give them a ring, see if it's still there.
    Afaik it's one of those fairly short run titles that's bound to gain in value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That link redirects me to Amazon.com for some reason, where it's StarFox Zero + Guard for $35 - but it's definitely £4.99 on Amazon.co.uk if I look it up manually. Good spot!

Surely at that price it's worth it just to ease your curiosity about whether or not it really is as bad as some people say?

Banjo wrote: »
    That link redirects me to Amazon.com for some reason, where it's StarFox Zero + Guard for $35 - but it's definitely £4.99 on Amazon.co.uk if I look it up manually. Good spot!

Surely at that price it's worth it just to ease your curiosity about whether or not it really is as bad as some people say?

It's even worse than people say.(runs out of the room)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Banjo wrote: »

It's definitely worth £4.99 but the controls due take a lot of getting used to. There's a really good game in there but the control choice was a big error of judgement in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Cheers for that. Been wanting to try it. Lylat Wars was one of my favorite N64 games.

Got my order in. Showing as £13.99 now though. Could have been mispriced. I'll wait and see if they honor it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No it's not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

latest?cb=20141201112611&path-prefix=fr

Argos are selling all individual amiibo for €9 each.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?pp=Show+all&s=Relevance&storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&q=AMIIBO&authToken=

I wonder if they're finally getting rid of them. They haven't had any new stock in a good while.

Argos are selling all individual amiibo for €9 each.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?pp=Show+all&s=Relevance&storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&q=AMIIBO&authToken=

I wonder if they're finally getting rid of them. They haven't had any new stock in a good while.

I'm surprised you care!
    Ya grumpy Amiibo hater! ;)

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm surprised you care!
    Ya grumpy Amiibo hater! ;)

Ssshh. Don't tell anyone but I reserved the Shovel Knight amiibo. Whether I buy it now is another story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement