Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

One of us one of us GUbble gabble one of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

sligeach wrote: »
    Ssshh. Don't tell anyone but I reserved the Shovel Knight amiibo. Whether I buy it now is another story.

joinus.gif.7e23ce05468fdc3933e70cdf16ab0151.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Anyone seen cheap 3ds anywhere recently? Old or newer model. Fairly pricey still aren't they. Shame the new 2ds won't be out in time (for a birthday) as it looks excellent for the money.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone seen cheap 3ds anywhere recently? Old or newer model. Fairly pricey still aren't they. Shame the new 2ds won't be out in time (for a birthday) as it looks excellent for the money.

New 3DS is €179 in Argos. I'm going to get one tomorrow rather than wait on the new 2ds.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    New 3DS is €179 in Argos. I'm going to get one tomorrow rather than wait on the new 2ds.

Yeah, I might just bite the bullet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah, I might just bite the bullet.

€10 voucher back that can go towards a game.

I haven't decided what one I want yet through :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Ultra Street Fighter for a slighly more respectable ?29.90 on Amazon France.

Binding of Isaac - Afterbirth for ?34.99 seems ok too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

druss wrote: »

My son, who plays probably more BoI than is healthy, says that the Switch edition is the best yet.
    But then, I played the Vita version via PSTV and I can't see much of a difference!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My son, who plays probably more BoI than is healthy, says that the Switch edition is the best yet.
    But then, I played the Vita version via PSTV and I can't see much of a difference!

I actually already bought the download version for Switch. Left me cold for a bit, but getting into it now and thought I should buy a physical copy as well!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I like, no, love twin stick shooters but I've not gotten into Binding of Isaac the way I thought I might.
    The physical copy is very nice and ultimately a significant bit of videogame history that is tangible, not dissimilar to my 3DS copy of Cave Story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

druss wrote: »

34.99 for Binding of Issac? HAAA, just get it on pc for pennies.

SMC92Ian wrote: »

And that's a bargain for those who want to play it on a Nintendo console how? Being in the Nintendo games/console bargain thread and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

The equivalent game costs 34.97 on steam....

Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The equivalent game costs 34.97 on steam....

Lol.

Yes...which equates to 3,497 pennies....so he is not wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Is Steam on the Switch now is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Girlfirend imported it in for me a few months back cost about 42 euros.

It's my must played switch game ....

Well worth the price if I had to pay for it.

On like your call of duty that's the same game every year for 60 euros this brings a great case of random where you don't know what your going to get every time you play it. You have to change a play style on the fly due to your power ups that you might gain.

To me anyone who is hateing on the switch does not have a clue and does not own one or used one. Anyone I know who has got a switch loves the thing.

Also can I play my mac on the bus ? No I can not but I can take out my switch and play it no problem and the fact when the switch is out people are allway's looking at it going omg that's the switch?. The games look amazing on it.

To me as long as it keeps selling the way it does we are going to get loads of great games for thr console.

To me this is what the vita should have been if Sony tryed to sell the thing to you and did not give up on it after 3 months....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

A good roguelike is hard to overprice (within reason obviously). Has-been heroes is somewhere between decent and good and I'd consider it a bargain for 25.

Videogameplus.ca has a good few boxed switch games very unlikely to ever make it over here Canadian Dollar has dropped too vs the euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

According to the BA forum, if you buy ?30 worth of voucher on Amazon you can get ?5 credit back to spend by August.

Or in other words, why not treat yourself to Fire Emblem : Echoes and... uh... I can't find a single thing in my basket for 3 quid! Ah well. Knock a 5er off the cost of a Celica Amiibo!

Another not quite nintendo bargain from Amazon, this time nicked from HUKD :
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Cell-Phone-Portable-Power-Bank-Chargers/Anker-PowerCore-20100-Capacity-Powerful-PowerIQ-Technology/B00VJSGT2A?tag=ho01f-21
    Anker PowerCore 20100 powerbank for 21.74 + delivery.
    • This *will* charge a switch while playing Zelda, but very,very slowly. I have tested it personally. Output is 2.4A per port
    • They don't ship outside mainland UK so you need to use An Post's Parcel-motel-a-like rather than PM themselves.
    • Technically an Post don't deliver batteries either, but you know what else they don't do often? Turn a package over to see if there's a big feck off "this is a battery! Beware!" sticker on the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I don't know, this might interest some of you. Tesco have the Nintendo Switch Neon Red/Blue + Splatoon 2 Limited Edition Bundle(released 21/07/17) available for pre order at £299.99 with the code TDX-HKFY(the code expires today).

https://www.tesco.com/direct/nintendo-switch-neon-redblue-splatoon-2-limited-edition-bundle/335-1194.prd

Use AddressPal(or Parcel Motel) for delivery. Works out at a little less than €350 when converted including delivery.

While you shower discuss the modern Nintendo console and the nostalgic warm bath that is VC, why not grow a pair and enjoy Nintendo's consoles and creativity by buying a Virtual Boy!
    Brand new, in box, €275.
    Make it your business to get Mario Tennis, as soon as you invest!
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/nintendo-virtual-boy-new-old-stock-free-game/13070942?notification=d205bae25d94842e9497a35e17111f48-1496749811

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

While you shower discuss the modern Nintendo console and the nostalgic warm bath that is VC, why not grow a pair and enjoy Nintendo's consoles and creativity by buying a Virtual Boy!
    Brand new, in box, €275.
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/nintendo-virtual-boy-new-old-stock-free-game/13070942?notification=d205bae25d94842e9497a35e17111f48-1496749811

Work gives me enough headaches, don't need to be getting them at home as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Brand new, in box, €275.

It's so shiny...
    576019.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Well it has a bigger library than the Switch.

c8fce312f321a767d12a4f0c2a01ef01433b312c22910cca0bcdd5ad9549aa01.jpg

For Christ's sake - Hurry up and take your trip up north! Load the Banditmobile up with rock bottom bargains to sell on top boardsies at cost!

Edit :
    Skylanders Superchargers starter pack for Wii U - €7 in Smyths
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-wii-wii-u/wii-u-games/skylanders-superchargers-starter-pack-wii-u/p/145995

This comes with the Donkey Kong amiibo/skylander hybrid. It's as good a price as you'll get for DK as an amiibo in this country or online (apparently he's knocking around for €1 in some UK supermarkets) but he's in a yellow jumpsuit. Not a lot of stock but there's 1 in Tallaght and a couple in Navan. Sligo, as ever, is awash with stock.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is £24.85 at Base. Postage is £1.99. That's €30.50 when converted.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-nintendo-wii-u/dgc-toymswiiu.htm

STAR FOX GUARD is £4.44 at The Game Collection. Postage again is £1.99.

https://www.thegamecollection.net/star-fox-guard-wii-u/

Bought a copy for myself. It wasn't needed but it was cheap.

• Advertisement

Gonna subscribe so I can change my username to Zatochi, I'll need a sword to get all those bargains, bloody Argos yoyo amiibo prices they're all gone back up again to ?15

Banjo wrote: »
    For Christ's sake - Hurry up and take your trip up north! Load the Banditmobile up with rock bottom bargains to sell on top boardsies at cost!

Edit :
    Skylanders Superchargers starter pack for Wii U - ?7 in Smyths
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-wii-wii-u/wii-u-games/skylanders-superchargers-starter-pack-wii-u/p/145995

This comes with the Donkey Kong amiibo/skylander hybrid. It's as good a price as you'll get for DK as an amiibo in this country or online (apparently he's knocking around for ?1 in some UK supermarkets) but he's in a yellow jumpsuit. Not a lot of stock but there's 1 in Tallaght and a couple in Navan. Sligo, as ever, is awash with stock.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement