Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

sligeach wrote: »
    STAR FOX GUARD is £4.44 at The Game Collection. Postage again is £1.99.

https://www.thegamecollection.net/star-fox-guard-wii-u/

Bought a copy for myself. It wasn't needed but it was cheap.

Is it a download code?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Is it a download code?

Code in a retail wii u box.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Gonna subscribe so I can change my username to Zatochi, I'll need a sword to get all those bargains, bloody Argos yoyo amiibo prices they're all gone back up again to ?15

Zatoichi, you blind ****! (This is coming a place of love - don't waste that sub money!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Has Been Heroes on Gamestop US - digital download for $9.99

I've seen this mentioned on Reddit today.

You'll need a US address on PayPal (or to actually have a US credit card).

I already have a separate US account set up on my Switch as well, so I added the download code using that account.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

druss wrote: »
    Has Been Heroes on Gamestop US - digital download for $9.99

I've seen this mentioned on Reddit today.

You'll need a US address on PayPal (or to actually have a US credit card).

I already have a separate US account set up on my Switch as well, so I added the download code using that account.

Fantastic!
    Just bought it.
    Turns out there's a US address registered to my PayPal account, must have done something like this before!
    So, a full launch title for the Switch, for less than ten euro, can't go wrong really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Fantastic!
    Just bought it.
    Turns out there's a US address registered to my PayPal account, must have done something like this before!
    So, a full launch title for the Switch, for less than ten euro, can't go wrong really!

Might try buy this later on! I wonder if my Revolut card would work....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

US Sleeper Agent
    Fantastic!
    Just bought it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Recently released harvest moon for 3ds in argos for a not too bad price of €22.99

http://checkargos.com/product/6996871

Fantastic!
    Just bought it.

If you don't have a US address set up on PayPal don't spend hours trying to set one up, it quite sensibly only lets you set up addresses in you registered country. However when you try to buy via PayPal from the US GameStop sure it forces you to set one up so it works out ok.

Don't think tax gets applied to digital purchases but doesn't​ hurt to put your address in a state with no vat. And it's kind of cool having a delivery address that's the main Street of the town from 30 days of night...

My Code hasn't been mailed to me yet, so maybe activate it ASAP while you have the code showing in your browser.
    Edit : My mistake, they mailed it immediately, I was looking at the wrong mailbox. D'oh!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It arrived immediately with my receipt, to my email.
    This looks like a handy way to bypass the existing lock on EU credit cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Bro-in-law's birthday is coming and I found a nes mini that has been hacked the seller says it can be restored to factory settings - is this easy to do or should I stay well away from it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Danick wrote: »
    Bro-in-law's birthday is coming and I found a nes mini that has been hacked the seller says it can be restored to factory settings - is this easy to do or should I stay well away from it?

By hacked I'm guessing it's been loaded with more roms than the default?

Better off leaving it as is as the extra games are a nice bonus.

Sadly, Has Been Heroes is a bit of a Has Been Game... :(
    Still, at least I only wasted the price of a lunch on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Sadly, Has Been Heroes is a bit of a Has Been Game... :(
    Still, at least I only wasted the price of a lunch on it.

I started it up, got a bit bored and went back to Isaac again. I'm intrigued by future Gamestop US options though.

I wont risk it for priority games, where I'll stick to my main account or physical copy. But it would be handy for some of the smaller titles, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Street Fighter type stuff.

druss wrote: »
    I started it up, got a bit bored and went back to Isaac again. I'm intrigued by future Gamestop US options though.

I wont risk it for priority games, where I'll stick to my main account or physical copy. But it would be handy for some of the smaller titles, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Street Fighter type stuff.

A significant discount in the US on PuyoPuyo and I'm on it like a car bonnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Super Smash Bros Bayonetta
    Super Smash Bros Pikmin
    Super Smash Bros Cloud
    Super Smash Bros Bayonetta 2
    Super Smash Bros Corrin 2
    Super Smash Bros Cloud 2
    Super Smash Bros Corrin

All available now on gamestop for pre order

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Hey, I realise this is a popular problem at the moment, but I can't find a Switch anywhere in the entire country.

Argos and Smyths say mid July, GameStop won't give me a date, Littlewoods and Amazon are the end of July.
    Harvey Norman and Tesco only stock Xbox/PS, CEX are asking for €400 for the console.

Am I missing anywhere to check? I'm trying to think of anywhere else that might stock games/consoles, or does anyone know of anywhere at all that may have them in stock?

Nintendo Store are the closest, saying 'late June' but they only deliver to the U.K which means using Parcel Motel, no biggie. Has anyone ordered direct from Nintendo?

Cheers.

Undead wrote: »
    Hey, I realise this is a popular problem at the moment, but I can't find a Switch anywhere in the entire country.

Argos and Smyths say mid July, GameStop won't give me a date, Littlewoods and Amazon are the end of July.
    Harvey Norman and Tesco only stock Xbox/PS, CEX are asking for €400 for the console.

Am I missing anywhere to check? I'm trying to think of anywhere else that might stock games/consoles, or does anyone know of anywhere at all that may have them in stock?

Nintendo Store are the closest, saying 'late June' but they only deliver to the U.K which means using Parcel Motel, no biggie. Has anyone ordered direct from Nintendo?

Cheers.

Hi - I ordered direct from nintendo for both the switch and streetfighter 2 and used parcel motel both times - no problems whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Hi - I ordered direct from nintendo for both the switch and streetfighter 2 and used parcel motel both times - no problems whatsoever

Cheers for that. Did it take long to deliver? Might end up just ordering from them direct if they're fast, plus the price works out slightly cheaper I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Did they get any June stock in?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Gamestop have the splatoon bundle for pre order out 21st of next month if that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Probably worth checking this every so often, might get lucky

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-nintendo-switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Nintendo have an E3 sale on WiiU/3DS titles:
    https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2017/June/Nintendo-eShop-sale-E3-Sale-1234817.html

Xenoblade Chronicles and the Mario Galaxy games are a tenner each, think I'll grab Xenoblade off that!

Undead wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Did it take long to deliver? Might end up just ordering from them direct if they're fast, plus the price works out slightly cheaper I think!

Don't forget to use Quidco before buying anything from Nintendo. Can usually get between 5-10% cash back

https://www.quidco.com/nintendo/

mrcheez wrote: »
    Don't forget to use Quidco before buying anything from Nintendo. Can usually get between 5-10% cash back

https://www.quidco.com/nintendo/

Anyone have an idiots guide to using quidco - I'm signed up and have Revolut card but don't know how to use quidco - any help greatly appreciated - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Well that "sale" has to be the biggest load of bs I've ever seen!

Anyone have an idiots guide to using quidco - I'm signed up and have Revolut card but don't know how to use quidco - any help greatly appreciated - thanks

Sign in to quidco.
    Go to page I listed before.
    Click link which brings you to Nintendo.
    Buy something (don't close your browser or use different browser from the one you used to go to quidco)
    You should get a notification later via email from Quidco that your cashback has tracked.

I've earned £100 over the past two years.

Amazon have the Switch Pro Controller for ?59.99 - around €69. Not a massive deal, but slightly cheaper than it's been for a while and a consolation if you blinked and missed the Link Rider amiibo for rrp :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yep ordered the switch from Nintendo a few days ago for late June delivery, used parcel wizard. Will realistically be early July when I get it I'd say. Now to find out where I can pick BOTW and Mario Kart cheapest

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement