Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dam. All them GameStop goodies going to baddies I'm the baddest man(boy) on the planet. Glad DekkoD3 hooked me up with one of these still in my wardrobe on the to play list.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You keep your to play list in the wardrobe, under a copy of Bravely Second?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You keep your to play list in the wardrobe, under a copy of Bravely Second?

Nope just moved a pile of about 10 ds and 3ds games into the wardrobe on top of the still sealed bravely second as I lost my treasure trove of 3ds ds and amiibos about 4 weeks ago my autistic support service were helping me do a clear out and unknown to me a box was thrown out with vita psp ds 3ds carts and 4 zelda amiibos and most of my animal crossing cards. Lost about a third of my now tiny nintendo collections so the remaining games are in their boxes now if possible.

Cry me a river. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Tell me who they are, I'll send them an email from my work account, frighten the sh1te out of them!

It was an accident I assume as they're very apologetic over it happening seeing as I've no contents insurance neither I out so much it's making reconsider collecting to the extent that I have as when I was made homeless a few years back I lost my huge collection these were the little ones, life is a bitch sometimes collecting games has been fun but also so very tough for me, I get all emotional thinking about losing a megajet and nomad being the standout pieces, my grey Saturn panzer dragoon and red logo dreamcast, losing this stuff now was the mishap of being unable to see too well, I'm like a walking soap opera sometimes, think I'll hack my animal crossing 3ds xl and get a huge collection to play, as I said previously keep your 3ds and ds games in their cases, some once gone can not be replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I know this isn't really a request thread but I've been having general looks here and there and just cannot find Majora's Mask 3DS at a cheaper price than retail.

If anyone happens to see it discounted somewhere, please let me know.

It's one of those that very rarely goes on sale tesco did a massive clearout last year but other than that Cex for €42, the odd bargain on adverts. It's on amazon.co.uk from £28 at the moment too, it has been ages since any players choice games were announced hopefully Majora, Mario Kart 7 and New Super Mario 2 get added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Ok I checked Amazon first so this does seem to be a good deal.

Star fox Zero first edition print, boxed and new for 37€ GameStop Dun Laoghaire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

fixxxer wrote: »
    Ok I checked Amazon first so this does seem to be a good deal.

Star fox Zero first edition print, boxed and new for 378218;¬ GameStop Dun Laoghaire

I'm sick that I paid Gamestop €65 for this on launch day. Had to get it exchanged as well as the steel book was damaged. It was the only shop in Ireland selling it and I thought it would be rare. What a waste of money. Isn't it €34.99? Their 4's are fairly bad. Like I'm one to talk about neat handwriting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

sligeach wrote: »
    I'm sick that I paid Gamestop €65 for this on launch day. Had to get it exchanged as well as the steel book was damaged. It was the only shop in Ireland selling it and I thought it would be rare. What a waste of money. Isn't it €34.99? Their 4's are fairly bad. Like I'm one to talk about neat handwriting.

Didn't you tell me before it wasn't even worth 20 when I enquired? :D (the standard edition)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I just found majoras mask in Gamestop of all places for 29.99! Cheapest I've seen it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I just found majoras mask in Gamestop of all places for 29.99! Cheapest I've seen it for a while.

New!?

Which gamestop?

tok9 wrote: »
    New!?

Which gamestop?

Pre owned. The one on Liffey Street!

That must be 30 Majora you have now,:eek:

Really good price.

That must be 30 Majora you have now,:eek:

Really good price.

I didn't buy it, I was just browsing since Gamestop occasionally underpriced good stuff.

LEGO Jurassic World Wii U is €7 in Smyths. None in Dublin unfortunately, but there's some scattered around the country in places like Athlone, Sligo, Drogheda and Galway. If anyone fancies picking up an extra copy I'll pay the €7 plus a couple of € for postage.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-wii-wii-u/wii-u-games/lego-jurassic-world-wii-u/p/142782

Will keep an eye out strange thing about smyths when the stock is at 1 it is listed as out of stock on the site will be in jervis tomorrow after 5 if I see it I'll grab it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

They had 4 in fonthill earlier. Was going to mosey by tomorrow... Pants! Ah I hear it's not great even by Lego standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Will keep an eye out strange thing about smyths when the stock is at 1 it is listed as out of stock on the site will be in jervis tomorrow after 5 if I see it I'll grab it.

Experienced this myself today. Checked the site and saw Xcom 2 for a tenner out of stock right before I bought the last copy in the store.

pcadhain wrote: »
    Experienced this myself today. Checked the site and saw Xcom 2 for a tenner out of stock right before I bought the last copy in the store.

I can confirm I got the last Lego Jurassic world from Fonthill this afternoon even though it's been out of stock since last night. This changes EVERYTHING!!

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    I can confirm I got the last Lego Jurassic world from Fonthill this afternoon even though it's been out of stock since last night. This changes EVERYTHING!!

Pretty sure it is still a rubbish game though.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Pretty sure it is still a rubbish game though.....

My six year old would disagree with that violently and aggressively

It may be time to cut back his game time :-/

My 14 year old spent about a year on Lego games back in the day, then moved on to better things.
    Now he's polishing off Bioshock Infinite in a couple of days, he's also finished more Souls games than I have!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They grow up so fast. :)

Maybe it only seems that way because its on a relative scale, and we never did?

No kids, whose got no kids, whose got no kids, that would be me.

Forever alone 2017.

Argos are the reverse vampires of video game gouging €369.99 for switch and their bible of lies aka the summer catalogue has the new 2ds xl for €170, booooooo urns.

I'm good for info ain't I. It's a rediculous system they use, never know what might be left behind in there too.

Damn you! :D Was it sealed?

sligeach wrote: »
    Damn you! :D Was it sealed?

Oh yeah! I'm running my hands over the silky smooth but mysteriously impenetrable skin now. It wants to yield to my touch, it yearns to be torn sunder and yield to me it's discy prize. I mustn't! And yet.. no! Yield! Yield! Not before work! We shall have our time later, my love. Wait for me!

• Advertisement

Smyths New 2ds xl and Miitopia is €189.99 Where's the bargain you ask!!!

Argos are €169.99 for just the console, gouging at a pre Christmas famine level.

Smyths are also doing the rather nice looking White New 3ds xl with Mitopia for also €189.99

Unsure if any other games are available for the offer, but I'd rather go for the 3ds at that price seeing as the 2ds will definitely go down in price to a more acceptable amount.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement