Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pokken-tournament-dx-switch-version-pokken-tournament-pro-pad-controller-a2-poster-5999-from-nintendo-store-2756521

Some interest was expressed in the wired pokken controller - get it, pokken for Switch and a poster for £60 plus parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

33% off i am setsuna on estore atm brings it to about 26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

bkrangle wrote: »

It's the Australian version. I think they previously had the English version for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

sligeach wrote: »
    It's the Australian version. I think they previously had the English version for that price.

Same disc anyway. Good price seeing as the print run was pretty small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

LEGO Jurassic World Wii U is €7 in Smyths. None in Dublin unfortunately, but there's some scattered around the country in places like Athlone, Sligo, Drogheda and Galway. If anyone fancies picking up an extra copy I'll pay the €7 plus a couple of € for postage.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-wii-wii-u/wii-u-games/lego-jurassic-world-wii-u/p/142782
    Damn you! :D Was it sealed?

FYI Sligeach that lego game seemed to be available again last night, just ordered the last one in Dundalk? maybe it is a return.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Poochy and Yoshi's Wooly World for 3DS 28.99 in Argos

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6530471/Trail/searchtext%3EYOSHI.htm

Gamestop have Skylanders Imaginators for Switch for €40, which is still probably €39.50 more than most of you would be willing to pay for it but a better price than most online stores are offering.

Given that this is the one that lets you scan in your various statues once and keeps a database so you don't have to cart them around with you (or so I heard), this could finally be your opportunity to indulge in the secret shame of Toys To Life... Also, with the Switch being portable and Gamestop keeping bins of 2nd hand statues down the back of the shop, why not stroll in and scan as many of them as you can before you're thrown out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Banjo wrote: »
    Gamestop have Skylanders Imaginators for Switch for €40, which is still probably €39.50 more than most of you would be willing to pay for it but a better price than most online stores are offering.

Given that this is the one that lets you scan in your various statues once and keeps a database so you don't have to cart them around with you (or so I heard), this could finally be your opportunity to indulge in the secret shame of Toys To Life... Also, with the Switch being portable and Gamestop keeping bins of 2nd hand statues down the back of the shop, why not stroll in and scan as many of them as you can before you're thrown out?

Wanna swap usernames.

• Advertisement

It's nearly €30 plus delivery. It has been for the past couple of hours. Or am I missing something?

Yes you are missing something. The price of €4.99 :D It was there when I posted it.
    You're not the only one who didn't see it though, it's been up and down (there were reports on HUKD that it was showing €30ish before I clicked on the Amazon link and got the €5 price). I'd show you my receipt only I didn't buy it at €5 as I already have it.

I seen the link on HotUKdeals as soon as it went live and it was €28 then. I have it myself as well but at that price I might have bought another copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Honestly, I'm not sure if this is a bargain or not but there seems to be a few people who like their limited editions. I saw This version of Bravely Second in GS Dun Laoghaire if anyone is interested. No price on it but you can ring them at (01) 236 0374 if it looks like something you must have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I think this is a cheap price for it.

APv2l9l.jpg

On the off-chance you've just been waiting for the perfect moment to pre-order Lego Worlds for Switch from Smyths, it dropped to €39.99 this morning.
    Of course, based on how it performed on other platforms, this is but the first of many price drops :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I think this is a cheap price for it.

Is that your shopping trolley full of bargains in the background? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

On the off-chance you've just been waiting for the perfect moment to pre-order Lego Worlds for Switch from Smyths, it dropped to €39.99 this morning.
    Of course, based on how it performed on other platforms, this is but the first of many price drops :D

It's already 29.99 on the eShop. It might be grand for kids though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

fixxxer wrote: »

GameStop can't afford shelves anymore. They just have baskets in the middle of the store (here in letterkenny at least).

• Is that Gamestop or Smyths? Great price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

/\/ollog wrote: »
    GameStop can't afford shelves anymore. They just have baskets in the middle of the store (here in letterkenny at least).

Oh they have the shelves OK. They just don't have room for any games on them with all their other crap

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

/\/ollog wrote: »

It's like a branch of Dunnes, circa 1978!

Seems Gameseek will once again be selling the Switch for £198.50 in three days time.

https://www.gameseek.co.uk/dd/1364865

They will also be selling Super Mario Odyssey for £25 at 6pm on Friday.

Might be good to keep an eye out.

I can't wait to try and secure 1 of the 2 made available. :D

I can't wait to try and secure 1 of the 2 made available. :D

I bet what you're really looking forward to is referring everyone who ever posts a Switch price in this thread forevermore back to that £199 price so they know what a ripoff their "bargain" really is :)

By the way, the price is awful (40-something) but Argos have some stock of the LoZ:TP HD + wolf amiibo bundle in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Code name steam €1 in cex don't pay the extortionate €2.99 from gameslop.

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=045496527884#.WZS4F3twZJ8

did I troll good ma well did I???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

fixxxer wrote: »

Bargains in GameStop? HAHA!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It was indeed Gamestop. They've got into the annoying habit with their 3DS games recently of having them on sale for full price with no covers, just a white box and then blank with only the sticker telling you what game it is. Gets right on my wick that does.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Bargains in GameStop? HAHA!

It is known to happen from time to time like selling the Fire Emblem Echoes CE for half price barely a month after sale.

Mind you it didn't shift before that as they were selling it for €20 more than every other retailer in the Euro zone, including the other European branches of GameStop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It is known to happen from time to time like selling the Fire Emblem Echoes CE for half price barely a month after sale.

Mind you it didn't shift before that as they were selling it for €20 more than every other retailer in the Euro zone, including the other European branches of GameStop.

Trying to get those deals is extremely difficult even when you have paid for the game online and drive to collect it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement