Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Seems Gameseek will once again be selling the Switch for £198.50 in three days time.

https://www.gameseek.co.uk/dd/1364865

They will also be selling Super Mario Odyssey for £25 at 6pm on Friday.

Might be good to keep an eye out.

Now I have to decide if I stay in work late to try and get this or hope that I get home in time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

sligeach wrote: »

An actual bargain on the bargain alerts page WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

No idea what this game is about but I don't have much for my U and it gets 9/10 when I googled it so I went for it. Sure it's only a tenner! Thanks for the heads up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

No idea what this game is about but I don't have much for my U and it gets 9/10 when I googled it so I went for it. Sure it's only a tenner! Thanks for the heads up :)

Bayonetta is not a game you want to get exposed to accidentally. Just be prepared for copious amounts of innuendo and crotch shots bookended by a nonsensical plot and kick ass gameplay

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    Bayonetta is not a game you want to get exposed to accidentally. Just be prepared for copious amounts of innuendo and crotch shots bookended by a nonsensical plot and kick ass gameplay

You say all of that as if it's a bad thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Don't forget the legs and boobies Bayonetta one fine digital lady, I need to get out more gods help me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Yoshi's Wooly World for Wii U 20 quid new on Gamestop ordered one for myself last night not sure if any left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

manual_man wrote: »
    Yoshi's Wooly World for Wii U 20 quid new on Gamestop ordered one for myself last night not sure if any left

Such an amazing game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Danonino. wrote: »
    Such an amazing game.

The WiiU game is fantastic, that they managed to get it all onto the 3DS and only sacrifice the hub world is just mind boggling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

Thanks. No stores with stock near me so ordered online hopefully they still have stock.

Danonino. wrote: »
    Such an amazing game.

havent stuck it on yet but i'm willing to bet it won't fail to put a smile on my face

Yoshi's Woolly World is a fantastic game. Loved it, one of my favourite Wii U games. I've talked about it several times before, it's beautiful, has great music, relaxing, challenging to collect everything, it has great bonus levels, is quite a lengthy game. People buying it now for €20 are getting a bargain. Actually, I may buy it online for myself. Just to have a sealed copy and its cover would be slightly different from the bundle version I bought.

Just ordered it, God help them if it's not sealed.

Just ordered it, God help them if it's not sealed.

Why?
    What's going to happen!?!

Fire?
    Brimstone?
    Old Testament stuff?
    Dogs and cats, living together....
    Mass Hysteria!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yoshi's Woolly World is a fantastic game. Loved it, one of my favourite Wii U games. I've talked about it several times before, it's beautiful, has great music, relaxing, challenging to collect everything, it has great bonus levels, is quite a lengthy game. People buying it now for €20 are getting a bargain. Actually, I may buy it online for myself. Just to have a sealed copy and its cover would be slightly different from the bundle version I bought.

Why buy it again if you already have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Why buy it again if you already have it?

Just to have a sealed copy and its cover would be slightly different from the bundle version I bought.

Answered your own question :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just to have a sealed copy and its cover would be slightly different from the bundle version I bought.

Answered your own question :P

But why? Does he collect games?

Does the pope **** in the woods?

(Or rather - yes, yes he does. In some corners they call him Mr Tumnus because the top of his wardrobe is legendary. In Germany he's Johan, in England he is John. The Navajo speak in hushed whispers of Ahote Ndii'neeh, he who cannot rest and must collect. Etc etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I dunno, why does anyone do anything?

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Does the pope **** in the woods?

(Or rather - yes, yes he does. In some corners they call him Mr Tumnus because the top of his wardrobe is legendary. In Germany he's Johan, in England he is John. The Navajo speak in hushed whispers of Ahote Ndii'neeh, he who cannot rest and must collect. Etc etc)

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.jpg

Answered your own question

This.

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Yes.

In other news did you get a switch yet ?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Why?
    What's going to happen!?!

Fire?
    Brimstone?
    Old Testament stuff?
    Dogs and cats, living together....
    Mass Hysteria!!!

Release the dogs. Or the bees. Or the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark, they shoot bees at Gamestop.
    In other news did you get a switch yet ?

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Release the dogs. Or the bees. Or the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark, they shoot bees at Gamestop.

Nope.

Some day you will ;)

But there is still another few years of moans in you yet :P

Some day you will ;)

But there is still another few years of moans in you yet :P

Both are guaranteed. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

Ryath wrote: »
    Thanks. No stores with stock near me so ordered online hopefully they still have stock.

Just landed sligeach load up the dogs!

I'll be opening it though probably won't get time to play till the weekend. Chuffed to get it for €20.

Have got great deals on my Wii U which makes jumping to the switch seem even pricier. Got my Wii U premium for €139 and BOTW wild was the only game I payed full price for, all others were for way less then rrp. Paying €390 plus for a Switch and one game is nearly as much as I've spent on the Wii U plus 13 games.

Ryath wrote: »
    Paying €390 plus for a Switch and one game is nearly as much as I've spent on the Wii U plus 13 games.

Ah yeah, but how much did you pay for your hand-cranked portable fusion reactor to power the WiiU on the go, and the team of Sherpa to tote it around for you? Plus the additional bus tickets for the Sherpa, and food, and Tents so they can live in your garden and the fines when they get caught killing dogs from your neighbourhood for food and skins. You have to compare like with like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Len_007

Mine came today also, very excited about jumping in. Some great deals recently for Wii U, Star Fox Zero for a crazy price not too long ago. But really chuffed about Wooly World, been waiting for it to drop. Thanks again to the OP!

• Advertisement

Len_007 wrote: »
    Mine came today also, very excited about jumping in. Some great deals recently for Wii U, Star Fox Zero for a crazy price not too long ago. But really chuffed about Wooly World, been waiting for it to drop. Thanks again to the OP!

I've only played a little bit so far but this game is pure joy. Impossible not to smile while playing. Enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement