Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Yoshi €27 for 3ds in Argos

http://checkargos.com/product/6530471

Wii U won't be nostalgically exceptional for about 10/15 years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wii U won't be nostalgically exceptional for about 10/15 years.

When it appears on the Arcade and Retro forum it'll be legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ryath wrote: »
    Just landed sligeach load up the dogs!

I'll be opening it though probably won't get time to play till the weekend. Chuffed to get it for €20.

Have got great deals on my Wii U which makes jumping to the switch seem even pricier. Got my Wii U premium for €139 and BOTW wild was the only game I payed full price for, all others were for way less then rrp. Paying €390 plus for a Switch and one game is nearly as much as I've spent on the Wii U plus 13 games.

Mine arrived too. It's sealed though the disc is sliding around in the case like a hotdog thrown down a hallway.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    When it appears on the Arcade and Retro forum it'll be legit.

Ah that place used to be real exclusive at one stage warnings were given out about riff raff and the likes. *I'm never gonna let that go am I :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Great bargain to be had with Astro Deluxe on the Switch down to around €8.50 or so.
    A great party game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Smyths have Just Dance for the Switch at €34.99
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games/just-dance-2017-nintendo-switch/p/157700
    Not bad. But you know it's only going to get lower and lower as we approach the inevitable release of the next one.

Everybody dance now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

ba ba baba ba baba baba ba baba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Everybody do the dinosaur

• Advertisement

Don't pretend you haven't downloaded the Demo and done endless Whips and Nae-naes across your living room floor in your pants.

(I can't be the only one. I just can't)

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Everybody do the dinosaur

Ah, Was Not Was, fave band from back in the day....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm at work so can't post it, but how could you post a Walk the Dinosaur video in a Nintendo forum and not use the version from the Super Mario movie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

im glad the link is blocked in work because I would have devastated, shame on you ciderman, if that is your real name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads I posted this on the DS thread but the new 3DS SNES is £179 on smyths.co.uk which is about €195 using Revolut, quite a bit cheaper than the €239 Smyth's are charging here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Heads up. The 3DS XL SNES up on Nintendo store just now and they have switches back in stock...

kevin2me wrote: »
    Heads up. The 3DS XL SNES up on Nintendo store just now and they have switches back in stock...

Quick Sligeach, fly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm at work so can't post it, but how could you post a Walk the Dinosaur video in a Nintendo forum and not use the version from the Super Mario movie?

And here it is

And just because I'm going down that rabbit hole (or warp pipe, if you prefer)

Ok, back to our irregularly unscheduled bargains.

Such a sh1te film.
    I was a wage earning adult at the time, and recalled the release of the film, the early previews and magazine articles clearly indicated just how awful that film was going to be.
    The Roxette song only compounded the misery.
    Was, not Was were too good for that film, enough to make you Shake your Head....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Is the mini snes completely sold out now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Skylanders for the switch only 20 euros in gamestop

Might not be everyone's teat but a switch game for 20 how bad.

If you have gamestop lv3 it's only 10

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ColG

Skylanders for the switch only 20 euros in gamestop

Might not be everyone's teat but a switch game for 20 how bad.

If you have gamestop lv3 it's only 10

Seems to be €40 online! What store was it 20 in? Might pick it up for the young lad.
    Also why does lvl 3 give 10 off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

ColG wrote: »
    Seems to be €40 online! What store was it 20 in? Might pick it up for the young lad.
    Also why does lvl 3 give 10 off?

Gamestop in Patrick st cork scans into there system at that. And was 40 euros then 50% off sticker.

And lv3 have different offers every month and this month was 10 euros of skylanders arms or bomberman

Is GameStop Level 3 when they explain about how they have to charge more for games to unburden your mind off the screams of the angry souls of all the Gamstorians that Wotan murdered in a nuclear volcano six thousand years ago?

Is the mini snes completely sold out now?

Argos will hopefully have stock on launch day.

Banjo wrote: »
    Is GameStop Level 3 when they explain about how they have to charge more for games to unburden your mind off the screams of the angry souls of all the Gamstorians that Wotan murdered in a nuclear volcano six thousand years ago?

You been watching American Gods, that would be Vulcan, Wotan was too busy hanging around on a tree to have any volcanic fun, ah gamestop level three where you get to spend money to make money to keep the crooks open for business. Burn em all

You been watching American Gods, that would be Vulcan, Wotan was too busy hanging around on a tree to have any volcanic fun, ah gamestop level three where you get to spend money to make money to keep the crooks open for business. Burn em all

Plus, it was Xenu that did the volcano murdering, on the orders of Tom Cruise.

You leave Lord Xenu out of this bet you're only OT4

As a level 5 lazer lotus I decry your lord Xenu, who shalt be smoten from the skys by Jehovah-1's holy fire.

Anyhoo, if you're on the lookout for Joy Cons and the exploitation of the weak pound, Grainger Games in the UK have the neon pink / yellow set for £58.99 + £4 delivery, works out around €68 at todays exchange rate. HUKD deal, follow the link from the deal because apparently they're a pain to find directly on the site.
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/grainger-games-new-nintendo-switch-pinkgreen-joycons-5899-neon-yellow-6599-2777373#comments

Amazon do carry joycons for £65 but it's only the grey ones. Hey, you know what they do have though? Those boss Snes-colour replacement shells that the netzines were talking about 2 weeks ago! £15.99 + your delivery redirection service of choice 'cause they won't ship to Ireland.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Myriann-Replacement-Perfectly-Controller-Accessible/dp/B073WCNVF5/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1504083980&sr=8-5&keywords=joycon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Might be a good option for anyone looking for a stand for their Switch

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tablet-Stand-Multi-Angle-Lamicall-reader/dp/B072MZNP1L/ref=gbps_tit_s-3_d459_ff671f00?smid=A3AJ0GNLXXLZX8&pf_rd_p=09b069a8-218a-4e76-9314-860a796bd459&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=TTPYRBB58C6CGC6ASW1G

On lightning deals today and Switch is listed on the compatible devices (good to know as it is a good bit thicker than standard tablets).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement