Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

this looks interesting

£5 off when you spend £20 with PayPal on Nintendo eShop

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057783909

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

this looks interesting

Beware! The small print says you need to have a registered address in the UK, so account hopping may not work here.

But combine that with the birthday 30% off bonus... Kaching!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

this looks interesting

https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/offers?view=details&offerId=64Q5S636DERNU

This is for 5 off 20 in euro

I haven't had a chance to try that offer, but for any prospective eShop tourists, my last credit card purchase through the south african Nintendo site showed up as a purchase from Nintendo of Europe, which suggests the small print on the offer will be satisfied so definitely give that offer a go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I tried the PayPal Euro offer to add €20 eShop credit but it doesn't seem to have worked. So I've now got €20 credit that cost me €20....

Banjo wrote: »
    I haven't had a chance to try that offer, but for any prospective eShop tourists, my last credit card purchase through the south african Nintendo site showed up as a purchase from Nintendo of Europe, which suggests the small print on the offer will be satisfied so definitely give that offer a go!
    Shut up you imbecile! PayPal hasn't rolled out to ZA yet. And the 5er off doesn't make up for the awesome prices on ZA. Might still work on Norway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Shut up you imbecile! PayPal hasn't rolled out to ZA yet. And the 5er off doesn't make up for the awesome prices on ZA. Might still work on Norway?

Self abuse in public? Disgusting :pac:

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Self abuse in public? Disgusting :pac:

If you're caught it's filth
    If not, it's fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Today only, a few retailers are dropping the price of the Nintendo Switch by £20, something about National Gaming Day I think.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch-Neon-Red-Blue/dp/B01N4NBHPM/

GAME are doing the same as well supposedly, but they're scum as far as I'm concerned so I won't be posting a link to their site. So that's £260, which is about €290 delivered I think through Amazon, saving €40 compared to Irish retailers. More links here to other retailers:

Nintendo Switch from as low as £255 this week
    Amazon, Tesco and GAME all have offers.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-12-jelly-deals-nintendo-switch-from-as-low-as-255-this-week

Apparently, September 12th (today) has been named National Video Games Day. Who knew?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I ordered my Switch from Amazon last night.

Ever ponder if there is someone out there in the ether that just wants to feck with you for a laugh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Kylo Ren wrote: »
    I ordered my Switch from Amazon last night.

Ever ponder if there is someone out there in the ether that just wants to feck with you for a laugh?

Has it shipped yet? Amazon usually charge you the lower price if it's dropped before shipping.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Has it shipped yet? Amazon usually charge you the lower price if it's dropped before shipping.

Not yet. I can still cancel it. I'll pop them an email and inquire. They're usually first class for customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not yet. I can still cancel it. I'll pop them an email and inquire. They're usually first class for customer service.

I ordered Scorpio a few weeks ago and Amazon issues a £20 off £150 spend the next day. I emailed CS and they added it there and then for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

use live chat, much quicker.

sweetie wrote: »
    use live chat, much quicker.

Just off with them there. I was told they can't price match so I just cancelled the order and reordered.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I see my Rayman still hasn't shipped from Amazon.... slow shower that they are.
    Remember the time when they shipped stuff earlier??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I see my Rayman still hasn't shipped from Amazon.... slow shower that they are.
    Remember the time when they shipped stuff earlier??

Didn't Amazon have a dodgy courier when shipping gaming items to Ireland?

Aeriandi?
    They are terrible, but if Amazon haven't shipped it yet then Aeriandi haven't been given the opportunity to be terrible yet. They deserve a fair chance!

@Ciderman - that's what you get for Super Saving. Go buy a snickers with the delivery charge you saved, see if that lasts you the 2 weeks you're going to have to wait :D

Aeriandi?
    They are terrible, but if Amazon haven't shipped it yet then Aeriandi haven't been given the opportunity to be terrible yet. They deserve a fair chance!

@Ciderman - that's what you get for Super Saving. Go buy a snickers with the delivery charge you saved, see if that lasts you the 2 weeks you're going to have to wait :D

It's not like I don't have other things to play, such as Rayman Legends on the WiiU!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Thats you have prime! Or make new email accounts to get a month of prime and then get the trial extended! My copy of rayman from amazon has already been received by parcel motel.

Thats you have prime! Or make new email accounts to get a month of prime and then get the trial extended! My copy of rayman from amazon has already been received by parcel motel.

I have Prime, but I had it posted to my local address.
    I didn't get an option to post it any other way :(

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭corroonb

I ordered the Switch from Amazon last night. When I saw the price was £259.99 today, I sent an email to their customer service asking what they could do for a loyal customer. I got a £25.99 Goodwill refund. It's always worth asking or complaining with Amazon. I would've been happy with account credit.

It's much cheaper than buying one over here. They're still charging €369.99 in Argos, €329.99 everywhere else. There's plenty of stock about too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

I tried the PayPal Euro offer to add €20 eShop credit but it doesn't seem to have worked. So I've now got €20 credit that cost me €20....

Worked for me. It has to apply to your account first. Go to PayPal website and click the place you click to see all your cards and bank accounts linked, it should be at the bottom, then link up your PayPal with your eshop/Nintendo account, and buy the 20 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭jos22

corroonb wrote: »
    I ordered the Switch from Amazon last night. When I saw the price was £259.99 today, I sent an email to their customer service asking what they could do for a loyal customer. I got a £25.99 Goodwill refund. It's always worth asking or complaining with Amazon. I would've been happy with account credit.

It's much cheaper than buying one over here. They're still charging €369.99 in Argos, €329.99 everywhere else. There's plenty of stock about too.

at the moment you get 25 pounds off the neon switch / selected games when you spend 150 pounds +

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

jos22 wrote: »
    at the moment you get 25 pounds off the neon switch / selected games when you spend 150 pounds +

Do you need a code to activate this offer? It's not showing up for me when I add to basket, maybe it's over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Anyone ordered of the official Nintendo store when buying their switch? Any hassles with returns? Tempted by the 2 year warranty even though Tesco are cheaper at the moment.

Rayman was shipped last night, obviously they are working late in Chez Amazon.
    Says I should have it tomorrow, at which point it goes in the pile of games I have yet to play.

So the rush was to ensure it got it's rightful place on that pile?
    uh..... good job?

the Lego site is selling the Wii U Dimensions starter pack for £23 + £4 delivery, + Parcel Motel 'cause they don't deliver to Ireland. OK, it's starting to get expensive again... BUT! If you spend £50 they'll waive delivery, and you can get Ghostbusters and Joker+Harley and a few other packs for £7.50, a few figures for £3.50.....

Why does no one else on this board get the Toys To Life horn? It's a lonely life....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Why does no one else on this board get the Toys To Life horn? It's a lonely life....

Dude I was super into Skylander's Swap Force for a few weeks after getting my Wii U. I have Supercharged and Giant's lying around by have yet to crack em open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement