Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Banjo wrote: »
    Why does no one else on this board get the Toys To Life horn? It's a lonely life....

It's because they're $h1t€ and a scam. I was looking at this earlier on HotUKDeals, can't bring myself to buy it. It's a hassle with postage, I won't open it, it'd just be to add to the Wii U collection and it'll gather dust like all the other big boxes lying around, e.g. Skylanders and Guitar Hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

sligeach wrote: »
    It's because they're $h1t€ and a scam. I was looking at this earlier on HotUKDeals, can't bring myself to buy it. It's a hassle with postage, I won't open it, it'd just be to add to the Wii U collection and it'll gather dust like all the other big boxes lying around, e.g. Skylanders and Guitar Hero.

You need to believe, in everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭jos22

Do you need a code to activate this offer? It's not showing up for me when I add to basket, maybe it's over?

Special offers and product promotions
    Platform: Neon Red/Neon Blue | Edition: Console Only
    Spend £150 get £25 off. Only from the qualifying selection when dispatched from and sold by Amazon. See all products on offer. Enter code VG25OFF150 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)

Spend £75 get £10 off. Only from the qualifying selection when dispatched from and sold by Amazon. See all products offer. Enter code VG10OFF75 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)

Spend £40 get £5 off. Only from the qualifying selection when dispatched from and sold by Amazon. See all products on offer. Enter code VG5OFF40 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)

if it doesn't work message them to get them to apply it, it also advertise on the neon switch on list of items page
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sligeach wrote: »
    ...and it'll gather dust like all the other big boxes lying around, e.g. Skylanders and Guitar Hero.

Wait a second. When did you stop seeing the gathering of dust on a big box full of a game you've never played as the BEST THING EVERRRRR! ? I thought that was your thang? what about the wardrobe, man? What happened to the Wardrobe?

I'm not sure how flexible the lego figures in the packs are, but 7.50 for a Harley Quinn and Joker is actually pretty good :D Teh fact that it plugs into a game with questionable performance on the WiiU is just a bonus. Shame the Portal 2 set sold out so quick or I'd have been all over it like a bride to be on a chunky kit kat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Anyone know of a decent place to preorder mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 at good prices yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Anyone know of a decent place to preorder mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 at good prices yet?

Amazon.co.uk have both for £42 each and you'll get free delivery(<€48).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Mario-Odyssey-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B01MUA0D2A/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xenoblade-Chronicles-2-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B01MZ94DLA/

It's perhaps a bit early for some sites to have a price up for XC2.

Base have been pretty good with their Pre-Order prices recently. £41 or £42 + delivery I think. Over here you're as well off with Amazon. Check HUKD, but be warned there's a lot of moaning about how some people couldn't get some of the recent Amazon codes to retroactively apply on their pre-orders to wade through.

Trying to PreOrder the Pokemon 2DS XL on Game, it won't process my card or Paypal... something fishy going on there. That's not a bargain or anything, I just really need to secure one of those bad boys. Y'know, fer the kids :D

Here - Amazon are running their 5 off 40 / 10 off 75 / 25 off 150 codes again. It's limited to a handful of products - none of which are Mario Odyssey - but the Switch Joycons and Pro Controller are in there. Prices are not all time lows but with the discount (5 off if you're buying either, 10 off if both as neither quite hits 75 on it's own!) it's not bad, especially with the weak pound. £53 for the Pro, £64 for the JoyCons in grey, £67 for them in Neon (assuming it'll apply to variants since they're all 1 listing), £79 in dayglo-yellow. No snipperclips bundles in there.

Edit of edit : Wait, no, i read it wrong - nothing to see here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Base have been pretty good with their Pre-Order prices recently. £41 or £42 + delivery I think. Over here you're as well off with Amazon. Check HUKD, but be warned there's a lot of moaning about how some people couldn't get some of the recent Amazon codes to retroactively apply on their pre-orders to wade through.

Trying to PreOrder the Pokemon 2DS XL on Game, it won't process my card or Paypal... something fishy going on there. That's not a bargain or anything, I just really need to secure one of those bad boys. Y'know, fer the kids :D

Here - Amazon are running their 5 off 40 / 10 off 75 / 25 off 150 codes again. It's limited to a handful of products - none of which are Mario Odyssey - but the Switch Joycons and Pro Controller are in there. Prices are not all time lows but with the discount (5 off if you're buying either, 10 off if both as neither quite hits 75 on it's own!) it's not bad, especially with the weak pound. £53 for the Pro, £64 for the JoyCons in grey, £67 for them in Neon (assuming it'll apply to variants since they're all 1 listing), £79 in dayglo-yellow. No snipperclips bundles in there.

Edit of edit : Wait, no, i read it wrong - nothing to see here.

Lol thanks Banjo!

Yeah I have them both pre-ordered on Amazon for the moment. €48 is really good tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

To purchase it on Game you will need a UK billing address, you can add Parcel Motel or another reshipper as a temporary billing address by contacting your bank. Sucks, but it works.

To purchase it on Game you will need a UK billing address, you can add Parcel Motel or another reshipper as a temporary billing address by contacting your bank. Sucks, but it works.

When did that happen? Bastards took my filthy irish money when they were overcharging me for the Bayonetta Amiibo that I haven't looked at twice since I took them out of the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I find if I use revolut that I can use pretty much any address.

When did that happen? Bastards took my filthy irish money when they were overcharging me for the Bayonetta Amiibo that I haven't looked at twice since I took them out of the box.

Its only a requirement on purchases over £100.

sweetie wrote: »
    I find if I use revolut that I can use pretty much any address.

No, you will need to change the billing address of your Revolut or the order will get cancelled due to the card address not matching the supplied billing address.

No, you will need to change the billing address of your Revolut or the order will get cancelled due to the card address not matching the supplied billing address.

Fair enough but you can change it in the app in a about a minute.
    I know I've bought from Cex Uk with revolut without issues and they're similar to Game with uk address requirements.

I know I've bought from Cex Uk with revolut without issues and they're similar to Game with uk address requirements.

I know CEX do the same. If it worked there it should also work with Game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Lol thanks Banjo!

Yeah I have them both pre-ordered on Amazon for the moment. €48 is really good tbf.

Tesco UK are offering £5 off at the moment, which brings it down to £37stg. That'll be around €45 delivered if you use Parcel Motel. Looks to be the cheapest option right now. Never ordered from them before so can't comment on that part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ColG

Probably a stupid question but how do you do this in the app? Is it Profile - Personal Details? Surely that is just changing your personal details not the details linked to the card? Cheers

ColG wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question but how do you do this in the app? Is it Profile - Personal Details? Surely that is just changing your personal details not the details linked to the card? Cheers

The address in personal details is the billing address associated with the account.

Smyths have Fire Emblem Fates - Conquest for a fiver.
    Cashback!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

2 in Cork, 1 in Sligo. Boo. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Ready to take the plunge but kicking myself I missed the £25 off last week!

Any bargains for the console and Mario Kart?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Ready to take the plunge but kicking myself I missed the £25 off last week!

Any bargains for the console and Mario Kart?

I would buy from Nintendo.co.uk as you will get a 2 year warranty with ur console, have a look at their star bundles, but yea that 25 offer was sweet bagged one myself ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I would buy from Nintendo.co.uk as you will get a 2 year warranty with ur console, have a look at their star bundles, but yea that 25 offer was sweet bagged one myself ðŸ˜

You get 5 years of cover if you buy from Amazon under Irish law......

Before I sold my day 1 ps4 last year they refunded me 80 euros to cover the cost of replacing the contolrer that would not charge or power on any more. A near 3 year old console and they have no issues giving you cover once you tell then your rights.

This is the reason I keep buying from Amazon the CS is fantastic. I got 2 copys of Mario kart 8 for the switch as one got lost and showed up a month later and I had my replacement all ready

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

You get 5 years of cover if you buy from Amazon under Irish law......

Before I sold my day 1 ps4 last year they refunded me 80 euros to cover the cost of replacing the contolrer that would not charge or power on any more. A near 3 year old console and they have no issues giving you cover once you tell then your rights.

This is the reason I keep buying from Amazon the CS is fantastic. I got 2 copys of Mario kart 8 for the switch as one got lost and showed up a month later and I had my replacement all ready

Mmmm do tell more!! Where are these rights that you refer to that gives me 5 years cover from Amazon.. Love amazon myself by the way best company ever to deal with Cust Serv wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

thanks for the tip, i'm thinking of pre-ordering that Mario Odyssey bundle. Just curious if it would be an issue cancelling if a better offer pops up in the meantime?

Don't think there's an issue cancelling with the Nintendo store before it ships. Just bear in mind, that's a 2 way street... usually the issue is that they do the cancelling whether you want them to or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

For anyone ordering from the Nintendo store, my last 6 orders to my Addresspal have all gone through fine. I haven't used Parcel Motel since they cancelled 2 orders on me a while back. I think the mainland address helps it in that regard perhaps. Not sure if it works for 100% to Addresspal for everyone but been good for me so far.

Mmmm do tell more!! Where are these rights that you refer to that gives me 5 years cover from Amazon.. Love amazon myself by the way best company ever to deal with Cust Serv wise

Sale and supply of goods act 1980. You are covered for up to 5 years with it.

Amazon don't even fight you on it like power city .... they just give in right away refund you and that's it.

Sale and supply of goods act 1980. You are covered for up to 5 years with it.

6 years isn't it

• Advertisement

6 years isn't it

Think so but after year 4 your going to be playing a very hard game with in the 1st 2 years you will win right away.

I remember when working for Apple a guy had a iPhone 4 with in 2 weeks of it been not covered any more ring me up and Won t a new phone. As we don't stock iPhone 4 we had to give him a brand new SE for free !!!.

The best was some spa gave someone who's beats where 7 years old no less and not even made by Apple a free replacement. I got the call and the person waskn t happy we only gave him wireless solo and not wireless studio ones ......
    30 min call of dealing with that. Me telling him you should have not even got a free pair and you are fighting over your free pair!!!!.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement