Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

FYI Steamworld Dig 2 and Thimbleweed Park are both 260 Rand (SA eShop). That's between €16.30-€16.40 by my calculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Nintendo Switch Stand, Lamicall Adjustable Tablet Stand : Desktop Playstand Holder Dock for Nintendo Switch, iPad Pro 10.5 / 9.7 / 12.9, iPad Air 2 3 4 mini, kindle, Nexus, Desk, Accessories, Tab and Other Tablets (4-11 inch) - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MA4RAQF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Ni7XzbMQ1SGQM

Looks like a decent stand for the Switch and it's on special today

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

How likely are decent Black Friday deals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Infinite Minigolf just got a 30% discount (until this day next week)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/infinite_minigolf_gets_a_30_percent_discount_on_the_switch_eshop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Nintendo Switch Neon + Mario & Rabbids + Lego City Undercover £299 use Parcel Motel or Address Pal for delivery, Works out at about €338 delivered including Parcel Motel fee.

https://www.tesco.com/direct/nintendo-switch-console-neon-blue/364-1064.prd?skuId=364-1064&expand=true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Free £5 when you top up with £25 on Amazon - http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057800125/1/#post105043002

Just used this deal to get Super Mario Odyssey a little cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Free £5 when you top up with £25 on Amazon - http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057800125/1/#post105043002

Just used this deal to get Super Mario Odyssey a little cheaper.

On top of that, you can get the download code for the same price as the physical there - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Mario-Odyssey-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B01MUA0D2A

£41.99 and it means you'll have it day one without worrying about delivery and cheaper than the Nitendo online store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

How likely are decent Black Friday deals?

Online maybe both black Friday and cyber monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Physical copy of The Binding of Isaac (Switch) for £19.99, in the Nintendo Store it's £39.99. Seller only has UK shipping down so you would need a Parcel Wizard or the likes!

Source: HDUK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Physical copy of The Binding of Isaac (Switch) for £19.99, in the Nintendo Store it's £39.99. Seller only has UK shipping down so you would need a Parcel Wizard or the likes!

Source: HDUK

Would it be worth buying this now? Switch being ordered in the next few days but then it has to go up for Christmas :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Would it be worth buying this now? Switch being ordered in the next few days but then it has to go up for Christmas :(

By most accounts it's a great game and a great price for a new physical copy. Couldn't speculate what way prices will go though unfortunately! :)

By most accounts it's a great game and a great price for a new physical copy. Couldn't speculate what way prices will go though unfortunately! :)

Cheers for that. I think I'll stick in an order.

Does anyone know what Simply Games are like? Think I'll order the Switch from there as it's only £259.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Didn't Base have that for a tiny bit less, and they ship to us?

Edit : Never mind, it's gone up. Shame, it was £20.75 delivered a couple of nights ago.

HAven't played it either, but there were near-religious levels of fervour about this earlier in the Switch's life. I gather it's a twin stick shooter that's also an action-RPG in the vein of the Legend of Zelda but with randomly generated maps and power-up locations and tonnes to unlock through repeated completion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

really great for games anyways. is the tesco uk offer over now?

sweetie wrote: »
    really great for games anyways. is the tesco uk offer over now?

Ive had problems ordering with Tesco Direct before and had my order cancelled so think I'll steer clear this time.

Moon hunters is reportedly 1.50ish on the Danish eShop, it's a tenner on ZA and UK. Never heard of it, no idea if it's worth it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    Moon hunters is reportedly 1.50ish on the Danish eShop, it's a tenner on ZA and UK. Never heard of it, no idea if it's worth it.

Well, it was about €1.30 so I bought it, any excuse to enlarge the Switch collection, can't be as bad as a smack in the nethers... or Snake Pass....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

More a heads up than bargain; Argos are doing the free €5 voucher if you spend €50 to 99 or €10 for €100 upwards their prices on ninty games haven't been great lately though but just one to keep an eye on for Mario Odyssey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

More a heads up than bargain; Argos are doing the free €5 voucher if you spend €50 to 99 or €10 for €100 upwards their prices on ninty games haven't been great lately though but just one to keep an eye on for Mario Odyssey.

Nothing on their site about Mario Odyssey yet, might find out more tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Nothing on their site about Mario Odyssey yet, might find out more tomorrow?

I think someone on here mentioned that they do their stock re-sets at 6am so I hope to find out then.

• Advertisement

Get Mario + Rabbids for 33.99 when you buy Mario Odyssey (58.99) in Argos.

Argos are also doing their spend E50 get a E5 voucher or spend E100 and get a E10 voucher deal so add a few more euro to your order to get a E10 voucher.

I held off on buying Mario + Rabbids and of course will be getting Odyssey so I'm happy with this deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

€52.39 for Super Mario Odyssey on Cdkeys

https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/switch/super-mario-odyssey-switch

Extra 5% off though the facebook page dropping it to just under €50. Not bad for a digital copy.

Yoo shudt luk arownd... see eef yur schtandink on plestik!

DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY!

(i.e. it's cheaper on the south african store. And the only south africans that ever existed were the guys in lethal weapon 2)

Edit :
    So I bought Moon Hunters.
    There's the germ of something great in there. The hints of some greater narrative that will reveal itself through repeated playthroughs, the reputation system where your actions in scripted scenarios dictate what kinds of action will be available in future scenarios (act patiently, get the "patient" reputation trait, in dialog with old people you don't get bored and walk away before they get to the juicy stuff!). The constellation idea is intriguing (that your previous play-throughs are commemorated by star formations in the night sky). And what is that bastard sun-worshiper's problem with my clan??? But the moment to moment gameplay is a bit meh. Maybe it's more fun in a team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think you are forgetting someone my friend!

bscap0015.jpg

"Go home, Mr Data - you're drunk!"

Wait, is that yer man, Sharlto? You are correct sir, he often gets overlooked because his fondness for barbecue food makes him sound like an Aussie. He luffs dem fokkin' prrrawns!

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/batman-telltale-series-pre-order-nintendo-switch-1795-coolshop-282200
    Hukd steal!
    Batman telltale for £17.99 on Coolshop (parcel forwarder needed I think)
    Currently 39.99 on Amazon, but bear in mind Doom and LA Noire dropped significantly in the last week so this might be closer to the eventual release price. But it's 34 euro on the Canadian eShop so who knows? Could be a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

What options are there for buying the Switch outside Ireland? Tried to order from Nintendo uk but the order got cancelled as I used parcel motel. Amazon UK don't seem to have the Mario kart bundle. Any ideas? Thanks!

• Advertisement

loup wrote: »
    What options are there for buying the Switch outside Ireland? Tried to order from Nintendo uk but the order got cancelled as I used parcel motel. Amazon UK don't seem to have the Mario kart bundle. Any ideas? Thanks!

Mario Kart or Mario Odyssey?

They have the Mario Odyssey one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XYSLG5F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_l6RaAbWXTPJ17

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement