Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Mario Kart or Mario Odyssey?

They have the Mario Odyssey one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XYSLG5F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_l6RaAbWXTPJ17

Thanks was really looking for the Mario kart bundle! Tesco direct looks out of stock too. May need to buy separately but hoping not to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

loup wrote: »
    Thanks was really looking for the Mario kart bundle! Tesco direct looks out of stock too. May need to buy separately but hoping not to!

I don't think I've seen a Mario Kart bundle in the last two months when I was looking up different bundles/consoles before I ordered mine.

I see Smyths in the UK ship it but not sure if they ship to a parcel motel address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Looking to get one for Christmas for the kids. Is that a good price for a Mario Kart Bundle? Are people expecting Black Friday deals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

What options are there for buying the Switch outside Ireland? Tried to order from Nintendo uk but the order got cancelled as I used parcel motel. Amazon UK don't seem to have the Mario kart bundle. Any ideas? Thanks!

I order from Nintendo UK to a parcel motel address, but paid with Paypal. Deliveries coming through ok so far. Did you pay with your card directly?

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    I order from Nintendo UK to a parcel motel address, but paid with Paypal. Deliveries coming through ok so far. Did you pay with your card directly?

Yes! Maybe that was why but they did mention Paypal in this email this morning from Nintendo

Thank you for your recent order.

We are sorry to inform you that we have been unable to despatch your order. The reason for this is as per our delivery policy, we are unable to deliver orders to any mail forwarding, freight forwarding or PO Box addresses.

As a result of this we have now cancelled your order and any payments debited from your account will be reflected on your bank statement/PayPal account within 5 working days.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have cause and should you wish to contact us about this or anything else, please feel free to contact a member of our support team via your account.

Kind Regards,

Nintendo Official UK Store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Yes! Maybe that was why but they did mention Paypal in this email this morning from Nintendo

Thank you for your recent order.

We are sorry to inform you that we have been unable to despatch your order. The reason for this is as per our delivery policy, we are unable to deliver orders to any mail forwarding, freight forwarding or PO Box addresses.

As a result of this we have now cancelled your order and any payments debited from your account will be reflected on your bank statement/PayPal account within 5 working days.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have cause and should you wish to contact us about this or anything else, please feel free to contact a member of our support team via your account.

Kind Regards,

Nintendo Official UK Store

Maybe I've just not been caught yet so :D

Might be worth a shot using paypal if you can wait the time for the money to be refunded if the order doesn't go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you're morally opposed to region hopping to Russia (€40ish) or really want a physical copy of Fifa 18 on Switch, head on over to TGC :
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fifa-18-nintendo-switch-3995-the-game-collection-2824252
    £39.95 + delivery

If you're morally opposed to region hopping to Russia (€40ish) or really want a physical copy of Fifa 18 on Switch, head on over to TGC :
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fifa-18-nintendo-switch-3995-the-game-collection-2824252
    £39.95 + delivery
    So it ends up being maybe a quid cheaper than Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

news so good banjo shared it twice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Banjo wrote: »
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/batman-telltale-series-pre-order-nintendo-switch-1795-coolshop-282200
    Hukd steal!
    Batman telltale for £17.99 on Coolshop (parcel forwarder needed I think)
    Currently 39.99 on Amazon, but bear in mind Doom and LA Noire dropped significantly in the last week so this might be closer to the eventual release price. But it's 34 euro on the Canadian eShop so who knows? Could be a good deal

Is the batman telltale games good? Worth the price above?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is the batman telltale games good? Worth the price above?

I would say no
    Telltale means its not really a "game"

Like all games, it's a work of interactive fiction. However on a graph of Action vs Plot, Telltale Games are at the opposite end of the curve to say Serious Sam or Doom, down with the Fighting Fantasy books. I've not played it, but it's not talked about in the same hallowed tones as that first season of The Walking Dead was...

I think it's a moot point. They only deliver to the UK and crucially only accept payment from the UK (I found this out after posting or would have flagged it), so you'll struggle to order from them without a UK billing address. Revolut might offer that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Banjo wrote: »
    Like all games, it's a work of interactive fiction. However on a graph of Action vs Plot, Telltale Games are at the opposite end of the curve to say Serious Sam or Doom, down with the Fighting Fantasy books. I've not played it, but it's not talked about in the same hallowed tones as that first season of The Walking Dead was...

I think it's a moot point. They only deliver to the UK and crucially only accept payment from the UK (I found this out after posting or would have flagged it), so you'll struggle to order from them without a UK billing address. Revolut might offer that?

You can get a temporary UK billing address added to your card by contacting your bank, or by editing your address in personal details on the Revolut app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I would say no
    Telltale means its not really a "game"

I'd take Telltale over Zelda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

SMC92Ian wrote: »

You take that back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Fair enough, it's just important people know what it is and isn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Triboro

Have to get new Nintendo Switch for Xmas list,Would Smyths/Argos be best bet for it @€;329 or am I better with a bundle of some sort?
    Prefer to buy instore tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Triboro wrote: »
    Have to get new Nintendo Switch for Xmas list,Would Smyths/Argos be best bet for it @€;329 or am I better with a bundle of some sort?

Looks to be much the same for it at that in both but without a game. Only bundle argos seem to have is mario, going by the site, and are charging like 100 extra with mario which is nuts. Smyths look to have a couple of bundles themselves around the 360 to 380 mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Triboro wrote: »

Mick posted that you can get Switch, Mario Odyssey and Mario and Rabbits for £329 from Tesco Direct.

• Doom in Argos is 49.99 physical

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

magnumbud wrote: »
    Looks to be much the same for it at that in both but without a game. Only bundle argos seem to have is mario, going by the site, and are charging like 100 extra with mario which is nuts. Smyths look to have a couple of bundles themselves around the 360 to 380 mark.

Same Mario Odyssey bundle is 380 in smyths

It’s nuts alright for 429 considering the game in that box is only a download code

Be as cheap in the Argos case to buy a switch, and mario and Zelda separate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Keep an eye on Tesco Direct. They've different Switch bundle offers popping up all the time. The 2 currently running are:

Switch Console, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle and ARMS = £330 or ~€373

https://www.tesco.com/direct/special-offer/buy-nintendo-switch-grey-console-and-mario-plus-rabbids-kingdom-battle-and-arms-for-pound-329-99/promo50480057.promo

Switch Console and ARMS = £290 or ~€328

https://www.tesco.com/direct/special-offer/buy-nintendo-switch-console-and-rayman-legends-definitive-edition-for-28999-pound/promo49810058.promo

You'll need to get it delivered by Parcel Motel, AddressPal or equivalent which is less than €5. But you'll definitely save some money. Even if you take just the Switch on its own being £280, that's ~€317. Amazon UK deliver for free. I'd avoid buying any bundle that has a digital code of a game included. Either way, those Tesco bundles are effectively giving you a free game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Stock levels everywhere mean black friday deals on switch bundles will be very short supply if anyone is thinking of banking on that. I'm gonna sell my pop vinyl collection to rebuy a switch for skyrim and Odyssey.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Stock levels everywhere mean black friday deals on switch bundles will be very short supply if anyone is thinking of banking on that. I'm gonna sell my pop vinyl collection to rebuy a switch for skyrim and Odyssey.

I thought you couldn't use a Switch because of the... well, you know...

bladerunner2_fullres-e1436794706201.jpg

M!Ck^ wrote: »

thanks so much - great deal! I too was worried about stock levels after Black Friday but I don't think the Switch will be reduced much further than this. Thanks again!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I thought you couldn't use a Switch because of the... well, you know...

bladerunner2_fullres-e1436794706201.jpg

Got my vitrectomy* done two weeks ago so eye will be good to go soon, can't wait to see the spirit leave guitar when I finally string him up. Soooooooooooooooooon.

Am gonna need glasses and biannual treatment but sight will finally be mine again after two damn years of horrible blurred vision and repeated bouts of total vision loss in both eyes.

*DO NOT LOOK UP Google will no longer be your friend.

Got my vitrectomy* done two weeks ago so eye will be good to go soon, can't wait to see the spirit leave guitar when I finally string him up. Soooooooooooooooooon.

Am gonna need glasses and biannual treatment but sight will finally be mine again after two damn years of horrible blurred vision and repeated bouts of total vision loss in both eyes.
    *DO NOT LOOK UP Google will no longer be your friend.

Staying away from Google but hope it all goes well robbingbandit :D

• Advertisement

So does everyone except well you know who, I'm coming for you boy you gunna cry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement