Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Are there any Zelda BOTW deals out there today?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Amazon have said there will be a "Lightning Deal" at 3pm for the £279.99 Odyssey bundle.

I dont think I can resist much longer guys!

Thanks so much for the heads up, I snagged this deal for the OH, happy days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

bk wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the heads up, I snagged this deal for the OH, happy days :D

Managed to grab it myself too. Had the deals page open in a tab and flicked back at 3:01 and over half gone.

Also see a ton of Switch games (Splatoon 2, Zelda, MK8) all selling out and the price climbing from £38 to about £45.

Also not sure if its been postedm but Mario Odyssey for €37 at Amazon.de

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

Gunmonkey wrote: »

Also not sure if its been postedm but Mario Odyssey for €37 at Amazon.de

Sweet had a few aquarium bits sitting in my basket there so was paying shipping anyway! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

bk wrote:
    Thanks so much for the heads up, I snagged this deal for the OH, happy days

Originally had the Mario rabbids one ordered, cancelled and got this one instead..

Can't wait to play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-Performance/dp/B073JY5T7T/ref=lp_561932_1_22?s=electronics-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1511552920&sr=1-22

£65.80 for this 200gb micro sd. Looks pretty good for anyone wanting a large capacity card for their Switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The odyssey deal on Amazon is showing for me but won’t add to basket - is it gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Lemlin wrote: »
    The odyssey deal on Amazon is showing for me but won’t add to basket - is it gone?

Yeah it's gone. maybe back for cyber Monday, snagged myself one though

Yeah it's gone. maybe back for cyber Monday, snagged myself one though

Are there any other decent deals anywhere online for the Switch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Advertisement

I can get it in Argos for 335 with the Lego Ninjago Movie game (which my son will love). I think that's a fairly decent deal and means if there are any problems I have a local bricks and mortar shop I can dump it at!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

U try game.co.uk

soap1978 wrote: »
    U try game.co.uk

Xmas present so what do I do if there is any fault with it? I’d prefer buy console and try pick up some games cheap on cyber Monday.

The Lego game for a fiver with the console is the best I’ve seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Please help out a noob trying to surprise somebody with a switch?

He's into tech so normally buys all the consoles for himself, has kids and was talking about getting them a switch, but I know now that the kids are getting something else.

So I was going to get HIM one as a surprise. Very kind poster in the general gaming thread suggested I take my query over here.

As I know nothing about consoles, do the bundles for sale such as [HTML]https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/c/SM060452/HTML] have all that he needs to get started?

And if so, which would you recommend - Mario or Fifa (he plays Fifa on the other consoles, Mario is more of a family game to play with the kids)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Please help out a noob trying to surprise somebody with a switch?

He's into tech so normally buys all the consoles for himself, has kids and was talking about getting them a switch, but I know now that the kids are getting something else.

So I was going to get HIM one as a surprise. Very kind poster in the general gaming thread suggested I take my query over here.

As I know nothing about consoles, do the bundles for sale such as [HTML]https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/c/SM060452/HTML] have all that he needs to get started?

And if so, which would you recommend - Mario or Fifa (he plays Fifa on the other consoles, Mario is more of a family game to play with the kids)

Mario over Fifa, Fifa isn't as good on the Switch

Cannot access the links but get a case as well

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's go for Mario as well.
    FIFA isn't bad but if he has it on his other consoles it's not really a need to have title, particularly at full price.
    It'll be discounted in the future so he can pick it up then I'm sure.
    Mario Kart 8 DX is a good purchase too, as well as a €20 gift card from Nintendo, to get him started on the online Eshop accessible from the Switch, there's loads of inexpensive but fun games there too.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's go for Mario as well.
    FIFA isn't bad but if he has it on his other consoles it's not really a need to have title, particularly at full price.
    It'll be discounted in the future so he can pick it up then I'm sure.
    Mario Kart 8 DX is a good purchase too, as well as a €20 gift card from Nintendo, to get him started on the online Eshop accessible from the Switch, there's loads of inexpensive but fun games there too.

What games are available online on Switch that an 8 year old might like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Lemlin wrote: »
    What games are available online on Switch that an 8 year old might like?

Me and my eight year old just finished playing Mario kart and Arms. She is still angry I turned it off . You need 2 sets of joy cons to fully enjoy 2 player Arms (pro controller will do) or 4 player MK8.
    Overcooked is another fave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,324 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Banjo wrote: »
    Me and my eight year old just finished playing Mario kart and Arms. She is still angry I turned it off . You need 2 sets of joy cons to fully enjoy 2 player Arms (pro controller will do) or 4 player MK8.
    Overcooked is another fave.

Did they sort out the framerate issues with Overcooked?

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Did they sort out the framerate issues with Overcooked?

I believe so but sure I never noticed them in the first place!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mario kart is tremendous, and there's plenty of nice titles on the eShop that are great for all ages and pretty cheap.

Do we think will there be any online bargains tomorrow for Cyber Monday? I'd like to pick up any of Zelda, Odyssey, Mario Kart or the Pokémon fighting game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo Switch Neon with Super Mario Odyssey & Mario Rabbids
    51rXHcSAvnL.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0771PF1K7

Available from 10am tomorrow morning in a lightning deal. So act fast if you want it. It will be £299.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

sligeach wrote: »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0771PF1K7

Available from 10am tomorrow morning in a lightning deal. So act fast if you want it. It will be £299.

You fuppers can all wait for me to click on this, I just cancelled my order to go for this one :)
    Wish me luck.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

You fuppers can all wait for me to click on this, I just cancelled my order to go for this one :)
    Wish me luck.

Me too. Is it 10am including the prime half an hour early access or should I be spamming f5 at half nine ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Me too. Is it 10am including the prime half an hour early access or should I be spamming f5 at half nine ?

10.01 for you, or after TMC time.

(Hope it is half hour earlier for prime)

Just treated myself to Fast Racing Neo on the Wii U. Couldn't turn it down for seven fiddy.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone seen any decent prices on Zelda or Skyrim? Or anything for a Xenoblade pre-order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone seen any decent prices on Zelda or Skyrim? Or anything for a Xenoblade pre-order?

Xenoblade is €50 in Smyths, probably won't find better at retail.

• Advertisement

Astro Duel and Soldam were flagged on HUKD as being greatly reduced on the US eShop. Think Ciderman mentioned Astro Duel as being great for couch multiplayer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement