Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Managed to get one. Not really interested in Rabbids, what are some must have games apart from Botw and Odyssey? Will pick up Mario Kart at some stage. Also what accessories do I need to get? Sorry for newb questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Switch, Odyssey and Rabbids for £299

That's grand I was slightly miffed when I read 279 I got the Odyssey bundle for 279(no interest in Rabbids) :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

manual_man wrote: »
    That's grand I was slightly miffed when I read 279 I got the Odyssey bundle for 279(no interest in Rabbids) :p

Think I'd almost prefer that bundle - prefer the all red and a download code rather than cart I think. Might trade in Rabbids + Wii-U Zelda and get the Switch version - try and give the game a proper chance this time.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Think I'd almost prefer that bundle - prefer the all red and a download code rather than cart I think. Might trade in Rabbids + Wii-U Zelda and get the Switch version - try and give the game a proper chance this time.

Yeah I have to say I really like the look of the blood red joycons in the Odyssey bundle

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was gonna get that 299 bundle but have no interest in the mario games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Managed to get one. Not really interested in Rabbids, what are some must have games apart from Botw and Odyssey? Will pick up Mario Kart at some stage. Also what accessories do I need to get? Sorry for newb questions.

Splatoon 2 is good craic. Would definitely recommend.
    Accessories: carry case, power bank, screen guard.

• Was gonna get that 299 bundle but have no interest in the mario games.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

But.....but...... Nintendo = Mario :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Get
    Out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Even the way he refers to them; 'the mario games'. Disgusting.

Mario didn't even get a capital letter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Looks like I might end up with a spare Switch bundle from Amazon - the £279 Neon Switch & Mario & Rabbits Kingdom Battle one. Just want to check here if anyone wants to grab this at cost price before going through the Amazon returns process? Am guessing I could pass it off on Adverts but that might be too much trouble compared to returning it for the price of postage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Colemania wrote: »
    But.....but...... Nintendo = Mario :eek:
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Get
    Out

I only wanna play xeno blade 2 and zelda :D....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Doom is great, so is Sonic Mania.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

ionapaul wrote: »
    Looks like I might end up with a spare Switch bundle from Amazon - the £279 Neon Switch & Mario & Rabbits Kingdom Battle one. Just want to check here if anyone wants to grab this at cost price before going through the Amazon returns process? Am guessing I could pass it off on Adverts but that might be too much trouble compared to returning it for the price of postage.

£299 - you're doing yourself out of £20 there. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Important to stress that Rabbids is really, really great. X-Com with a Mario makeover.

Definitely worth giving it a go before trading in - it deserves a bit of attention at least :)

Ha, at present, despite never playing a Switch or seeing one played live, I and my wife own 3 x Mario + Rabbits Kingdom Battle between us!

1 x Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle via Argos deal for €90 (got that myself about a month ago)
    1 x Switch Neon, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle via Amazon deal for £279 (wife grabbed that on Friday)
    1 x Switch Neon, Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle via Amazon deal for £299 (which I grabbed this morning)

Yeah... that's a bit overkill for someone (me!) who just wants ONE Switch and ONE copy of each of the two games on Christmas morning :D Will get rid of all extra between now and then without losing any money I expect, but it has worked out strangely so far!

Ha, at present, despite never playing a Switch or seeing one played live, I and my wife own 3 x Mario + Rabbits Kingdom Battle between us!

1 x Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbits Kingdom Battle via Argos deal for €90 (got that myself about a month ago)
    1 x Switch Neon, Mario + Rabbits Kingdom Battle via Amazon deal for £279 (wife grabbed that on Friday)
    1 x Switch Neon, Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbits Kingdom Battle via Amazon deal for £299 (which I grabbed this morning)

Yeah... that's a bit overkill for someone (me!) who just wants ONE Switch and ONE copy of each of the two games on Christmas morning :D Will get rid of all extra between now and then without losing any money I expect, but it has worked out strangely so far!

You'll be having rab(b)id nightmares!

latest?cb=20150623183421

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Scarlet42

1 x Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle via Argos deal for €90 (got that myself about a month ago)
    1 x Switch Neon, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle via Amazon deal for £279 (wife grabbed that on Friday)
    1 x Switch Neon, Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle via Amazon deal for £299 (which I grabbed this morning)

you looking to get rid of one of those bundles?

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    you looking to get rid of one of those bundles?
    Gonna get rid of the Switch/Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle if we can't cancel it, throw it onto Adverts unless someone here still needs to get sorted out. Also going to sell the two games I bought earlier at cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Gonna get rid of the Switch/Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle if we can't cancel it, throw it onto Adverts unless someone here still needs to get sorted out. Also going to sell the two games I bought earlier at cost.

I’d be interested in the two games. I sent you a pm earlier.

• Advertisement

Were there no Switch game reductions anywhere at all today then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

About 15 euro too expensive.

Poor Sonic, what does a hedgehog have to do to catch a break. Other than make a decent game that is.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

You could buy sonic for €25, play through it in a few days and trade it in for a €25 cex voucher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Poor Sonic, what does a hedgehog have to do to catch a break. Other than make a decent game that is.

Sonic needs to stop being such a pr1ck. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Sonic needs to stop being such a pr1ck. :p

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/935936061229764608

About 15 euro too expensive.

Well it’s the cheapest Switch game I’ve seen so I’ve picked it up for my 8 year old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

There is Sonic Mania and that reviewed well. It's relatively cheap too.

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    There is Sonic Mania and that reviewed well. It's relatively cheap too.

Is it a Switch game?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement