Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is it a Switch game?

Yes, its digital only though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Yes, its digital only though.

Might download it at Xmas so when the Switch gets opened! Need some physical games to go with the Switch and €25 is good for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

for those that got the switch deal on amazon on cyber monday with mario and mario rabbits what was your estimated delivery for the item?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

for those that got the switch deal on amazon on cyber monday with mario and mario rabbits what was your estimated delivery for the item?

6th of December for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

cheers had the 6-12th myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I'm 2nd - 5th for the switch, Tuesday for Mario, Wednesday for Mario & Rabbids.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

Zelda BOTW for the Wii U €43.99 in argos
    http://checkargos.com/product/6269821

Edit £34.99 ~€40 on uk site
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6269821

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I'm 2nd - 5th for the switch, Tuesday for Mario, Wednesday for Mario & Rabbids.

Same for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

For anyone purchasing something on eShop.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/936192217261199361

EDIT: This didn't actually work for me, it may not work for everyone outside the UK, but you may get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Corholio wrote: »

EDIT: This didn't actually work for me, it may not work for everyone outside the UK, but you may get lucky.

i got all excited trying it and came back to see your edit :( didnt work either for me

• Advertisement

magnumbud wrote: »
    i got all excited trying it and came back to see your edit :( didnt work either for me

Ya I remember they had something similar before and certain accounts (email addresses) worked with it. Thought it might have been worth a try anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Are the snes minis readily available or did they not make enough again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Are the snes minis readily available or did they not make enough again?

I think GameStop severely under ordered units for it.

Smyths covered all their preorders(apparently over 12,000) on launch day and have had multiple deliveries of stock since then yet GameStop still haven't received enough stock to meet their preorders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Gamestop put their money into xbox one x orders instead more of a turnover for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Stupid question - did you use the UK eShop (ie pay in Sterling)?
    If so, did you set up a UK delivery address, eg the Address Pal one, on PayPal?

Banjo wrote: »
    Stupid question - did you use the UK eShop (ie pay in Sterling)?
    If so, did you set up a UK delivery address, eg the Address Pal one, on PayPal?

I didn't even get that far. When you click on 'save offer', the next screen was about not being eligible for it. The next step would have been to top up on the eshop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo UK excluding Ireland yet again from another offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

sligeach wrote: »

Yeah I thought that too, unless it's Paypal decision which I doubt.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

sligeach wrote: »

Would you rather they included us but forced us to accept the pound as our official eShop currency? Back off, Brexit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Got Odyssey on Tuesday, Switch yesterday and Rabbids is due on Monday, although I am living in the UK these days :D

• Advertisement

i think its time to vote for irexit from nintendo uk. nintendo.ie for the win

i think its time to vote for irexit from nintendo uk. nintendo.ie for the win

Definitely, especially the way Nintendo UK keep f'n us over on CEs. Though they aren't much better with that across Europe.

Definitely, especially the way Nintendo UK keep f'n us over on CEs. Though they aren't much better with that across Europe.

On collectors editions? How were they doing that?

On collectors editions? How were they doing that?

By not supplying them to an Irish retailer. Nintendo UK tend to make most of the extremely limited CEs exclusive to Game and their own webstore.

This also usually screws Ireland out of the limited Pokemon variants that are handed out every so often.

They have partnered with Game, Gamestop and Smyths in the past for pokemon distributions - which one might argue is the fair way to do it, spreading it around. Obviously we don't have Game any more, which isn't Nintendo's fault, and Gamestop don't bother their holes over here, which isn't Nintendo's fault, but to always be seen to partner with Smyths to give out free digital goodies would be a disincentive for the other B&M retailers to carry their product.

The CEs are often available through international retailers like Amazon, and can be bought through Nintendo's own store-front.... ah look - we're a small market, they make no effort with us, they are hardly alone in this as anyone looking at the Pearl Jam tour dates announcement will be aware. And it's only going to get worse. Great. Now I'm depressed. Thanks, Obama!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7238789/Trail/searchtext%3EXENOBLADE+CHRONICLES.htm

xenoblade priced at 38 in argos, none of the stores i checked have it in stock til next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7238789/Trail/searchtext%3EXENOBLADE+CHRONICLES.htm

xenoblade priced at 38 in argos, none of the stores i checked have it in stock til next week but have it booked

That's because we all bought them :pac: it was posted earlier because I saw it on Boards

Banjo wrote: »
    They have partnered with Game, Gamestop and Smyths in the past for pokemon distributions - which one might argue is the fair way to do it, spreading it around. Obviously we don't have Game any more, which isn't Nintendo's fault, and Gamestop don't bother their holes over here, which isn't Nintendo's fault, but to always be seen to partner with Smyths to give out free digital goodies would be a disincentive for the other B&M retailers to carry their product.

The CEs are often available through international retailers like Amazon, and can be bought through Nintendo's own store-front.... ah look - we're a small market, they make no effort with us, they are hardly alone in this as anyone looking at the Pearl Jam tour dates announcement will be aware. And it's only going to get worse. Great. Now I'm depressed. Thanks, Obama!

The majority of the Pokemon distributions are through Game, its only recently that they have started spreading them to other retailers.

For CEs, when Game get them they also get the allocation for Ireland meaning that the majority of the Irish allocation ends up being sold to UK buyers. This can be a problem on the extremely limited CEs like the recent one for Metroid Samus Returns.

xenoblade priced at 38 in argos, none of the stores i checked have it in stock til next week

Much better than the €75 GameStop currently have it listed at :pac:

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's because we all bought them :pac: it was posted earlier because I saw it on Boards
    :( ye didnt leave one for little auld me :(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement