Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

magnumbud wrote: »
    :( ye didnt leave one for little auld me :(:(

do you live near longford, or can you get to longford?

Edit: nevermind i see cork as your location :)

Any boardsie near longford stuck for a xenoblade?

Edit again never mind its gone, should have reserved it for someone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

tis grand thanks ace, i'll get it next week. wasnt going to get it this weekend until i saw that price anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nintendo mugs on Zavvi - BOGOF. Some great mugs there (once you get past the awful Christmas ones near the top of the list)

https://m.zavvi.com/nintendo/offers/nintendo-mug-coasters/mugs.list

Puyo Puyo Tetris down to E31.99 in Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'd say Puyo Puyo Tetris will go lower. It was overpriced in the first place in my opinion. They're releasing this double pack on January 5th.
    71PAAaGkg2L.jpg

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B077DCRZGK/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't think either can be called hits, and Sonic Forces better described as something that rhymes with "hit"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

GDkVssA.jpg

fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Really ties in with switch toilet gaming so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Seems unfortunate for a great puzzle game to be associated with a seemingly awful Sonic game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Corholio wrote: »
    Seems unfortunate for a great puzzle game to be associated with a seemingly awful Sonic game.

Yeah, I'm all for getting a copy of Tetris/PuyoPuyo at some point for the Switch, but not if it's ride along buddy is a turd.
    Probably get the stand alone title along the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Feck the spoilt little brother is getting one of these for Christmas. Forgot about Black Friday. Anything on Adverts is the same price as in the shops.

Is that SD card still essential?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

RasTa wrote: »
    Feck the spoilt little brother is getting one of these for Christmas. Forgot about Black Friday. Anything on Adverts is the same price as in the shops.

Is that SD card still essential?

Not unless you are planning on downloading games, or going to play LA Noire. Will be useful to have the capacity though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

sligeach wrote: »
    I'd say Puyo Puyo Tetris will go lower. It was overpriced in the first place in my opinion. They're releasing this double pack on January 5th.
    71PAAaGkg2L.jpg

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B077DCRZGK/

Wonder if they’ll have eshop drops as well...
    Would be nice to have puyo digitally.
    Regretting buying sonic forces now! (Well in general I guess :pac: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

Games are 3 for two on amazon.de Best value options I'd reckon are, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart and Splatoon. Works out at just under €36 each delivered.

Can't decide what to go for I have Mario Odyssey for €38 ordered last week due to ship today. I could cancel but I want the other bits on the order asap. I do want Mario kart not sure about splatoon though. Think I'd prefer Doom or Elder Scrolls. Kids would like Arms though. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Ryath wrote: »
    Games are 3 for two on amazon.de Best value options I'd reckon are, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart and Splatoon. Works out at just under €36 each delivered.

Can't decide what to go for I have Mario Odyssey for €38 ordered last week due to ship today. I could cancel but I want the other bits on the order asap. I do want Mario kart not sure about splatoon though. Think I'd prefer Doom or Elder Scrolls. Kids would like Arms though. :confused:

Yea, I saw that as well. It's a good deal. I have Skyrim already, it is very well done, I'm playing it now. I would go for Mario Kart, if anybody wants to split. But not sure how practical it is to order and meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

I also have a Xenoblade 2 reserved in Dun Laoghaire. I reserved two. If anybody wants the code. I'm not sure I will pick it up. I still have the original on the Wii U and didn't really get into it. The game is good but requires a lot of time and it's not like Zelda - insofar as it's not so easy to play or follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Remember to look up the 8 euro bonus if you top up by 80 euro offer if you're using amazon.de. if you qualify, it's a handy bonus

Banjo wrote: »
    Remember to look up the 8 euro bonus if you top up by 80 euro offer if you're using amazon.de. if you qualify, it's a handy bonus

Unfortunate I don't qualify assume because I topped up on uk site already. Would definitely tip me over the edge ordering!

Link for €8 off
    https://www.amazon.de/b/ref=asv_gclp_bwd_p?_encoding=UTF8&node=10188017031

Not sure I should be giving this game any promotion but I'll let people make up their own mind if they want to spend £30 on a game plus shipping that was free on mobile.

Gear.Club Unlimited (Nintendo Switch) Game

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Gear-Club-Unlimited-Nintendo-Switch-Game/322825067616

It's the cheapest price around, a lot of places don't have it. None of the Irish retailers are selling it. There's an Amazon listing of £30 but it says it'll ship in 1 to 2 months. The next price is £51. It's Metacritic review average score is 67%. So don't say you weren't warned.

alekito wrote: »
    Yea, I saw that as well. It's a good deal. I have Skyrim already, it is very well done, I'm playing it now. I would go for Mario Kart, if anybody wants to split. But not sure how practical it is to order and meet up.

Really only want Mario Kart myself if we can sort it. Most of the other games can probably be picked up as cheap down the line.

• Advertisement

Do you need to use parcel motel for the amazon.de site to work and can you use the uk login details?

Do you need to use parcel motel for the amazon.de site to work and can you use the uk login details?

No just use uk details. No need to use parcel motel though like uk site it may work in your favour to use it sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Just in case anyone is thinking of it, you can mix and match between platforms. Looked at it last night but the prices of the games I wanted seemed way off. BoTW was €60 so negated any savings I made on MK8. Will have another look now to see if i see anything but would need to be getting them for a decent discount to make it worth it.

You'll also have Deutsch covers. That's a no-no for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    You'll also have Deutsch covers. That's a no-no for me.

Lucky you don't have a Switch so ;) ........ Yet :pac:

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Lucky you don't have a Switch so ;) ........ Yet :pac:

Or does he.....

alekito wrote: »

Just checked Mario Kart is limited to one per order.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Or does he.....

He posted here that he got one but promptly deleted it but I had quoted him saying he got one on the Black Friday.

I hope he enjoys it now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

emmetkenny wrote: »
    He posted here that he got one but promptly deleted it but I had quoted him saying he got one on the Black Friday.

I hope he enjoys it now though.

Why delete it? :confused:

• Advertisement

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Why delete it? :confused:

I dunno. I suppose if your so anti-switch you don't want to back down on many of your viewpoints?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement