Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

cloud493 wrote: »
    Aye I asked in there myself They said 'lol we don't stick that. its the worst console of all time lol'

So reading this i now know pc world staff know as much about consoles as they do about pcs and laptops ***** ALL APPARENTLY*

What an ignorant statement by that staff member shocking really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Look, shouldn't we be thankful that they know feck all? The correct response to a floor rep saying the above is "Yeah, tell me about it! Look, if you have any around taking up space I can help you dispose of them - I won't even charge you for it! Can you make the receipt out to Adverts.ie? YEah I know, wierd name - My parents were hippies..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Considering at the one in blanch your woman at the till kept searching for Nintendo Wii U under the Sony brand, no :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Banjo wrote: »
    Shameless HUKD Steal : Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies price drop on thursday

What time of the morning are the prices changed?
    Dying to play this game but am waiting for the price cut

I'm going to pull a number out of my arse and say 11am tomorrow, based on them updating it 12pm german time. However, I'd start looking from 11pm tonight given that new release games go live at midnight german time on day of release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

GTR63 wrote: »
    What time of the morning are the prices changed?
    Dying to play this game but am waiting for the price cut

eShop usually updates about 2PM i believe :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Went into PC World Liffey Valley today looking for WiiU, asked a man behind the counter did they stock it? he said no, the woman beside him insisted they did have 1 in clearance for 199 (not 149). So he checked his system and found none and checked the other stores systems and found none. I then asked could he check in the back and got told if it wasn't listed they wouldn't have it. He then suggested I go to Argos or Gamestop. :(

Does Navan definitely have it in stock? It's only €8 up there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

eShop usually updates about 2PM i believe :cool:

Downloading Dual Destinies now. Half way there. Price was €17.49 iirc.
    Got bout €3.50 left then, not much I could get with that I imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

GTR63 wrote: »
    Downloading Dual Destinies now. Half way there. Price was €17.49 iirc.
    Got bout €3.50 left then, not much I could get with that I imagine.

The six Level 5 Guild games are reduced to €3 each for a few more days. might be worth a look.
    Liberation Maiden
    Aero Porter
    Crimson Shroud
    Attack of the Friday Monsters
    Bugs vs. Tanks
    The Starship Damrey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Did anyone try Airside on Wednesday Morning? After the girl had said there was 100% at least one in stock?

I did. I was in there for 9.50am. And the guy checked, said they did. Then he came back and said someone reserved it, someones mum came in and picked it up :mad:

Anyone know where I might get windwaker for a decent price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Anyone know where I might get windwaker for a decent price?
    €40.79 from WowHD

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd-nintendo-wii-u/dp/35915353/62053891

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

hellboy99 wrote: »

It's mad how Nintendo titles hold their value so well.

Might just bite the bullet and go to GameStop. Get some points on the loyalty card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Might just bite the bullet and go to GameStop. Get some points on the loyalty card.

2nd hand? Gamesexchange do some with 12 months warranties if you don't want to tip your toes into the chaos that is adverts.ie

Yeah it's 50 euro pre owned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yeah it's 50 euro pre owned.

Oh sorry I was confused, though you meant the console. Its early and I've no tea or coffee yet.:o

• Advertisement

Or... £32 in newry is 38 euros....

Watch Dogs is available preorder for €38.39 on WowHD - Seems a good price.

It's €47.99 in every other Country I checked on the same site, and £37.99GBP in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I really wish that Nintendo would get rid of the region locking, you could easily get Wind Waker for €35 and 3DS games for between €20-€30 from VGP with delivery included in the price.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Don't know whether this has been mentioned.

Liffey Valley HMV has some cheap Wii U games.

Picked up Assassins Creed 3 today for 14.99
    They also have Tekken for the Wii U for 14.99
    Batman is 19.99
    Nintendoland is 29.99

Assissins Creed is really really good.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Don't know whether this has been mentioned.

Liffey Valley HMV has some cheap Wii U games.

Picked up Assassins Creed 3 today for 14.99
    They also have Tekken for the Wii U for 14.99
    Batman is 19.99
    Nintendoland is 29.99

Assissins Creed is really really good.

Gonna get the first two of those tomorrow. Thanks. I was looking on their site earlier. It's terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,322 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Mario 3D world and Donkey Kong are £29.99 each + £2 delivery each to Ireland here http://www.thegamecollection.net/super-mario-3d-world-wii-u.html

Works out at just under €40 each.
    DK was €49.99 in gamestop today and Mario was €54.99 so a bit of a saving to be had.

Mario 3D world and Donkey Kong are £29.99 each + £2 delivery each to Ireland here http://www.thegamecollection.net/super-mario-3d-world-wii-u.html

Works out at just under €40 each.
    DK was €49.99 in gamestop today and Mario was €54.99 so a bit of a saving to be had.

Just bought mario 3D world, Assassins Creed 3 and Batman Armoured edition. I never got to Liffey Valley.

€53 altogether.

Weirdly those two offers didn't appear on dealspwn or cheapfindergames

I wouldn't play Assassin's Creed and Batman sequentially. They have a lot in common and one of them is bound to suffer by comparison. Their combat systems are very similar, as are the movement systems, with Batman's fighting (in my opinion of course) feeling more fluid but AC blazing a more dynamic (if less immersive) trail across the rooftops. But both are well worth a go. Play something in between - Mario 3D World is a great palate cleanser!

Edit : If you can't lay your hands on the €209 PC World Wii U ZombiU bundle, you can get it on Amazon for £209.99

Banjo wrote: »
    I wouldn't play Assassin's Creed and Batman sequentially. They have a lot in common and one of them is bound to suffer by comparison. Their combat systems are very similar, as are the movement systems, with Batman's fighting (in my opinion of course) feeling more fluid but AC blazing a more dynamic (if less immersive) trail across the rooftops. But both are well worth a go. Play something in between - Mario 3D World is a great palate cleanser!

Edit : If you can't lay your hands on the €209 PC World Wii U ZombiU bundle, you can get it on Amazon for £209.99

I was thinking that. I should've gone for Deus Ex.. Ah well, they're winging their way to me now :). I'll probably be playing Mario and AC mostly anyway. I only really went for Batman as well because of the price and it seemed to have good reviews.

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze - €33.59 + Free shipping @ WowHD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Allyall wrote: »
    Seen that the other day and was about to get till I read stories here about their delivery service, could be waiting 3 - 5 weeks to get it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement