Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Does anyone really care if anyone has/doesn't have a Switch? Certain stalls were set out long ago which would make acquiring a Switch quite humorous.

As for good deals, I have a code for Xenoblade in Argos Mahon Cork if anyone wants it. I considered it because it was a good price but will wait until new year to pick it up to devote better time to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Corholio wrote: »
    As for good deals, I have a code for Xenoblade in Argos Mahon Cork if anyone wants it. I considered it because it was a good price but will wait until new year to pick it up to devote better time to it.

Could you PM that reservation please? Thinking of getting it but thats a great price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Demios wrote: »
    Could you PM that reservation please? Thinking of getting it but thats a great price!

Sent that there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I assume there is no problem using the German games in the Switch? The brother wants me to get him Skyrim for Christmas so I might get one for myself and Doom/Something else for him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I assume there is no problem using the German games in the Switch? The brother wants me to get him Skyrim for Christmas so I might get one for myself and Doom/Something else for him.

I read it was region free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

emmetkenny wrote: »

No problem. I live in Belgium and interchangeably have bought French and Dutch cover versions of games.

Thanks lads. The only difference then is the back of the box will be in German?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It'll be interesting for Nintendo completists, when the new Wolfenstein game comes out on Switch.
    Because the Germans will be getting their own version, won't they? The other editions have an altered version, perhaps it'll auto patch depending on your consoles location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I never thought I'd be posting on here to buy a switch but after upgrading the Xbox One to the X and really not being overly impressed, I've been promised a Switch as a pressie :D

What version or bundle is the best value at the moment?

Would it be best to buy in argos or GS as it doesn't look like much difference in prices?

Any stores have exclusivity on particular consoles?

I'm actually looking forward to giving this a go :)

Just got mario kart 8,skyrim and splatoon 2 for €109 on the amazon.de site. Not too bad with that 3 for 2 offer at all i must say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'd buy Arms for 40 quid if anyone is doing that 3 for 2 deal but only wants 2 games for themself..

Just grabbed Skyrim and Mario Kart for my brother for Christmas... Added Fire Emblem for myself :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anyone any idea where the cheapest place is to pick up Skyrim at the moment? The three for two deal doesn't really suit me just now.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea where the cheapest place is to pick up Skyrim at the moment? The three for two deal doesn't really suit me just now.

If you get one more guy yourself manual man and another could split the cost of 3 between you? You can have the gamers delivered to separate addresses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Remember it's only 40ish on the ZA eShop.
    And it's ****ing brilliant, if you haven't played it before and loved Morrowind

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

manual_man wrote:
    I'd buy Arms for 40 quid if anyone is doing that 3 for 2 deal but only wants 2 games for themself..

keane2097 wrote:

emmetkenny wrote:
    If you get one more guy yourself manual man and another could split the cost of 3 between you? You can have the gamers delivered to separate addresses.

Well if they want to I'd like to get Odyssey cheap..... :pac:

ERG89 wrote: »
    Well if they want to I'd like to get Odyssey cheap..... :pac:

There you go chaps. Enjoy the games !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm happy to arrange that if you others want to

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

keane2097 wrote:
    I'm happy to arrange that if you others want to

Not sure who can make the order or how to arrange sending payments to that person. :/
    I don't have a German Amazon account tbh....just a UK one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Not sure who can make the order or how to arrange sending payments to that person. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The only Amazon region that requires a separate account is Japan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Just ordered Skyrim, Zelda and LA Noire from Amazon.de for €115. Happy with that. I already have Mario so that should be enough for the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Some Random Username

Cheers for the heads-up on the German Amazon offer. Brother wants Doom (Switch) and Destiny 2 (Xbone) so I think I'll just add whatever Switch game he doesn't own yet. Would've added Assassins Creed but apparently only the PS4 version is 3 for 2.

Am I right in thinking its just the packaging that's different? I heard both consoles are region free so I assume once I boot up the games it asks to pick a language?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Devilfish698

How do you find the 3 for 2 offer on the amazon.de site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tazdogue

Whats the cheapest the Nintendo switch and FIFA 18 is at the minute? The cheapest I can find is Smyths for 379. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

tazdogue wrote: »
    Whats the cheapest the Nintendo switch and FIFA 18 is at the minute? The cheapest I can find is Smyths for 379. Any ideas?

Gray switch is £270 off Amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-UK-2500046-Switch-Grey/dp/B01MFADJFV/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1512400128&sr=1-1&keywords=nintendo%2Bswitch&th=1
    (They're bundling it with Fifa for £316 as of tomorrow)

The Game Collection has Fifa 18 for £30 + delivery
    https://www.thegamecollection.net/fifa-18-switch/?tduid=ec639962c16078e3a2b91107a1fff949

That's around €355ish factoring in delivery from TGC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Argos have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on Switch listed as 37.99€

Price anomaly? If anyone could nab me a copy I'd appreciate. It's still listed at €60 on eShop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

fixxxer wrote: »
    Argos have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on Switch listed as 37.99€

Price anomaly? If anyone could nab me a copy I'd appreciate. It's still listed at €60 on eShop.

I may have a reservation code for it tomorrow in St Stephen's Green. Was able to get it yesterday in the Ilac as someone reserved it and never picked it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

There's a reservation available for XC2 in Tallaght on the Argos site for someone who acts quickly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement