Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is the box art, etc written in German or anything, ordered a few games and just thought about it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is the box art, etc written in German or anything, ordered a few games and just thought about it :o

Yes. It's why I've steered clear of the deal. I like all my games to be UK/Irish PAL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    Yes. It's why I've steered clear of the deal. I like all my games to be UK/Irish PAL.

Could you not get a high quality print of the Irish/UK box art done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Doesn't really matter to people who just want to play the games rather than collect anyway right

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

keane2097 wrote: »
    Doesn't really matter to people who just want to play the games rather than collect anyway right

I'm a player, not a playa, who also has amassed a bit of a collection.
    But I'm not obsessed with region or boxes, quite happy to have a variety of formats, regions, cases and so on, rather than some anti-septic shelves of regularity keeping my OCD at bay.

My OCD kicks in at the thought that I don't own enough copies of Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast.

That game is just.... gold....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Good thing you don't collect Megadrive/Snes games, PAL versions are uniformly the weakest region to collect for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Japanese md carts are ugly though, I was such a crazy kid chopping off the sides to fit them in then figured Snip the tiny part on the console and all games fit in no prob, ON That NOT I miss my megajet and nomad so much. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Some Random Username

amadablam wrote: »
    Cheers emmetkenny

Tried again, zelda, splatoon and kart and 158.

I give up :D

Splatoon 2 isn't showing up as one of the games in the 3 for 2 category anymore. It was definitely on the list a day or two ago. List seems to be the same apart from that.

Splatoon 2 isn't showing up as one of the games in the 3 for 2 category anymore. It was definitely on the list a day or two ago. List seems to be the same apart from that.

Yeah I bagged it the other day so was definitely there previously.

My games only shipped last night after a Monday order despite all showing as in stock in the intervening period. Should arrive Monday hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Looking for the mario odyssey edition console but seems to be out of stock and argos jacked up the price to 424.99..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

fifth wrote: »
    Looking for the mario odyssey edition console but seems to be out of stock and argos jacked up the price to 424.99..

You tried in store? They were 349 in store this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I'm still waiting for Mario Vs Rabbids to arrive from the Amazon Cyber Monday deal. :(

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Yeah and I think its the only one gone from the offer that i was interested in too :).

Anyone know if they are region specific content?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm still waiting for Mario Vs Rabbids to arrive from the Amazon Cyber Monday deal. :(

Did you get any emails from Amazon?

Mario + Rabbids arrived with the Switch for me but Mario Odyssey was delayed. They sent me an email saying there would be delays. I also got one from DHL saying it would be arriving Monday the 11th.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Did you get any emails from Amazon?

Mario + Rabbids arrived with the Switch for me but Mario Odyssey was delayed. They sent me an email saying there would be delays. I also got one from DHL saying it would be arriving Monday the 11th.

I got Odyssey before I got my switch. Rabbids was supposed to be delivered 3 days ago, then Wednesday. Expected date hasn't moved since then, tracking says it's in Dublin the last 3 days but not moving for some reason. They have said to contact them if it is doesn't arrive by Tuesday. Any other time of the year I'd not worry. Que sera sera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Got odyssey Tuesday and the switch and rabbids Wednesday. Odyssey came from amazon.fr via DHL and the others through An Post.

Got odyssey Tuesday and the switch and rabbids Wednesday. Odyssey came from amazon.fr via DHL and the others through An Post.

Yeah same - Odyssey coming from France too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

You tried in store? They were 349 in store this morning

i will call in tomorrow morning!

Anyone get any games from the german store yet want to make sure i can change the languages on the games i ordered

Monopoly (Nintendo Switch) is £20 on Amazon UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072V56JJS/

They fixed the loading time issues, still there's not a lot of boards to choose from and it reviewed badly. Price and the loading times were factors in the scores, not the only ones mind you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

So the german Amazon deal has finished and I missed it. Any ideas what's the cheapest way to get a Switch with Zelda, Odyssey and Mario Kart (or something similar for a 2 player game)? Doesn't seem to be many deals going at the moment (which is annoying as I actually had the black Friday amazon bundle in my basket but for some reason chickened out on buying it...).

My games arrived from .de yesterday. German packaging as expected. All three started up automatically in English despite slight worries over Splatoon 2 being region locked (it is, but EU is the region in this case with multiple languages supported).

For anyone looking for memory cards..... Mymemory.co.uk are doing a discount today with the code 10MMSS for a 10% discount.

128gb works out at 37.99 GBP delivered

Last off topic post I promise.

Mario and Rabbids has finally arrived. Hooray. :)

Feel like getting robbed? Then maybe you'd like to purchase Bayonetta 2 Special Edition - (Nintendo Switch) for £70(€80) on Amazon UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077ZKSYYL/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Feel like getting robbed? Then maybe you'd like to purchase Bayonetta 2 Special Edition - (Nintendo Switch) for £70(€80) on Amazon UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077ZKSYYL/

Pity Nintendo Europe didn't put a cart version of Bayonetta 1 into the CE here like in Japan.

Unfortunately the Japanese CE is sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

For anyone looking for memory cards..... Mymemory.co.uk are doing a discount today with the code 10MMSS for a 10% discount.

128gb works out at 37.99 GBP delivered

Do you need to use parcel motel? Tempted to go for 200GB for about 64 GBP..

Do you need to use parcel motel? Tempted to go for 200GB for about 64 GBP..

They will post directly for 1.95 GBP I think, for first three small items. Last post to Ireland is on 14th but check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Advertisement

I wouldn't pay €3.99 for it. From IGN:
    The WWE series hits rock bottom with this nearly unplayable Switch port

:pac:

I watched a review of it last night and it runs woefully on Switch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement