Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I wouldn't pay €3.99 for it. From IGN:

:pac:

I watched a review of it last night and it runs woefully on Switch.

Absolutely this! In the N64/Gamecube days I used to buy every wrestling game. The Switch version of WWE 2K18 genuinely looks worse than the Day of Reckoning games that came out 12/13 years ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Absolutely this! In the N64/Gamecube days I used to buy every wrestling game. The Switch version of WWE 2K18 genuinely looks worse than the Day of Reckoning games that came out 12/13 years ago!

If we're continuing the comparison, it also doesn't help that Day of Reckoning was one of the final stops before the WWE games dived off the cliff from fun multiplayer madness to tedious, pan-ported sports-sims (or sim-sports-sim, I guess). I used to check in with them every couple years to see if they were any decent but stopped completely since 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I swear it looks like it runs in single frames when there is more than 2 characters on screen. Its an absolute disgrace it was released by 2K in the current state.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Quite bizarre that they'd release a franchise damaging product onto the market, unless their intent was to get it out there and fix it in updates later, which is still incredibly unfair on those investing in it, given the price of games these days.
    Welcome gamers to your new role, as beta testers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    If we're continuing the comparison, it also doesn't help that Day of Reckoning was one of the final stops before the WWE games dived off the cliff from fun multiplayer madness to tedious, pan-ported sports-sims (or sim-sports-sim, I guess). I used to check in with them every couple years to see if they were any decent but stopped completely since 2010.

Think we have a couple of the WWE 2K games in the house for the 360, my eldest two lads (7 & 8) liked them for a while but they're pretty average games alright.

Only wrestling game I remember liking was WWF Wrestlefest. Those were the days... :pac:

timthumb.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fnepascene.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F03%2Fwwf-wrestlefest-arcade.png&q=90&w=650&zc=1

Actually, isn't Fire Pro Wrestling World on PC supposed to be decent? Thought I read good things about it. Be nice if that found it's way onto the Switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Actually, isn't Fire Pro Wrestling World on PC supposed to be decent? Thought I read good things about it. Be nice if that found it's way onto the Switch.

I tried Fire Pro on the Dreamcast and it ain't my cup of tea. Get its charm with its variety and level of customization, but this whole craic of having no grapple buttons, but rather a "stand near your man and it'll auto" that I cannot, gun to my head, get a grip on. Did you try that Wrestlefest reboot on iOS? I've heard surprisingly okay things about it.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Welcome gamers to your new role, as beta testers.

It is a familiar feeling, says I, as I sit looking at my Wii U and my Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

For the record wouldn't pay 39c for Destiny.

Troll lol lol Troll lol lol lol lol lol lol lol.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

For the record wouldn't pay 39c for Destiny.

Troll lol lol Troll lol lol lol lol lol lol lol.

Destiny is really good, and I'm speaking as a single player, billy no mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

WWE 2K18 on Switch is a stinking, rotting zombie corpse.

Nintendo World Report = 3/10
    Nintendo Life = 3/10
    IGN = 3.8/10

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/wwe-2k18

If Resident Evil REmake has thought us nothing else, it's that you have to either burn the corpse or blow their head off, otherwise they'll come back to life.
    tumblr_nj5p2gSQQS1qatcfzo1_500.gif

tumblr_nhhve5kGhJ1tdkro1o1_500.gif

sligeach wrote: »

If Resident Evil REmake has thought us nothing else, it's that you have to either burn the corpse or blow their head off, otherwise they'll come back to life.

This also true of Mother in laws.

991fb6635da63df92c4f2d91cacef0f4--true-stories-series.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sligeach wrote: »
    If Resident Evil REmake has thought us nothing else.

That Capcom will even remake a remake if needs be :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

johnf26 wrote: »

Mario Rabbids Collectors edition also 55euro..

Please please let it still be I'm stock by tomorrow when I can run to the bank

Wow, looking at the stock availability, nobody was buying the Fire Emblem Warriors Limited Edition, don't blame them either. At €40, it's now a good deal. It was a terrible bundle, some cheap cards and a CD, they really went all out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nice deals. Gamestop always have loads of limited editions in stock for some reason, they had plenty of Twilight Princess ones and loads others as well. No wonder they have these 50% off limited edition sales every couple of months. Most limited editions aren't worth the cost for the contents they have, outside of rarity collectible reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Folks, is amazon the best place for a Pro Controller?

also, are the joy con chargers worth getting or just another useless accessory?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

amadablam wrote: »

You don't really need the charging dock. They charge on the Switch when its in the TV dock so if you're using the pro controller just leave them attached. I got it because between me and the rest of the family, four joycons are often in use. However, the battery life on them is great so its not happened yet where we've run out of power during games.

I think I'll pick up Cidonalad that Fire Emblem Warrior LE pack.
    I know the extras are a tad sucky but it's Fire Emblem, and he's a fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The joy con chargers are only worth it if you have additional sets as they charge quickly from the Switch and last a good 15 hours.

Can't tell you if Amazon are cheapest for the pro controller, but if you don't want to spend that kind of money I've heard the 8bitdo pads work great. A fully functional 8bitdo wireless pad with motion and rumble is £39.99 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/8Bitdo-SF30-PRO-Bluetooth-Gamepad/dp/B0748S3GXG/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1513247934&sr=1-1&keywords=8bitdo

It can even be used on the nes/snes mini if you buy the dongle for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Am I right in saying the statue with this isn't an amiibo?

Mario and Rabbits Special Edition 50% off in Gamestop today only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Bought one for my son for xmas.

Is there much setup i should do beforehand? Games are physical copies can i buy digital games a well

fixxxer wrote: »

Nope, disappointed myself, I'd say they were to be but something didn't work out, as they appear to be the same size.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

fixxxer wrote: »

Nice one. I might pick this up.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Nintendo%20Switch/Games/66041/fire-emblem-warriors-limited-edition

Fire Emblem Warriors Limited Edition is only €40 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Bought one for my son for xmas.

Is there much setup i should do beforehand? Games are physical copies can i buy digital games a well

depends on what version of the OS is on the current retail versions, could be worth starting it up and going to the options and getting the latest version, also you could do that for all the physical games, just put them in and try to launch and if theres an update it will get it. that way the little fella wont have to wait to play anything.

as for digital yeah you can. there isnt the largest memory in the system itself but it completely depends on what games you'd be buying him, or yourself :pac:, if you actually need to invest in one . if your going to be buying a lot of digital games you may want to get a sd card for it. i got this one : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00WR0HIR4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 again you could go for the smaller memory version of this particular one depending on how many games and what games e.g. l.a. noire, doom, nba 2k18 are particullary large games while the nintendo made ones are small enough. even though i have an sd the digital games i have bought probably wouldn't fill the systems memory but i mostly by indie games digital and the rest physical.

i would highly recommend getting one of these packs too: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N9RG3XS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 stops scratches and also can protect against shattering the screen if he drops it as the protector will shatter and you just replace it rather than the screen

I've been looking into buying a Switch Pro Controller for the past number of weeks. I'm resentful that I've spent hundreds of Euros already and I've to spend another ~€70 on this for good controls and then there's a memory card, another ~€50 and that won't be enough for the lifetime. Anyway, Base and Shopto had the original Pro Controller for £54 and £55 respectively, they've both sold out about a week ago. Simply Games still have it for £55 plus £2.50 for postage. Everything about the Switch comes with a caveat. The D pad on the Pro Controller is supposed to be dodgy, picking up unintentional inputs, there's reports that the XC2 Controller has improved this but nothing definitive. But to buy that is more expensive again and I'm not a fan of its design. Everything tells me to wait for the next Switch model with the mistakes fixed. When I know what the online service is, the Virtual Console, the voice chat, nicer colour schemes on Joy-Con's(dark green would be nice), larger Joy-Con's, fixed Pro Controller, I want a web browser and other stuff, it's ridiculous that it doesn't have something so simple. I was thinking I might play this over Christmas then maybe sell it after to buy at a later date, but then when I remove my account, what happens to my save files? I've nothing to save them to and besides I don't think they can still be transferred. It's kind of silly buying Xenoblade Chronicles 2 when I have several copies of XCX on Wii U that I've yet to play. Bought the Zelda BOTW Limited Edition for Switch last night on Gamestop(though they've yet to get back to me, I think their stock checker is dodgy). Why? I don't need it. I've completed everything about it on Wii U bar the new DLC. I'm not going to play it again on Switch. With it being Christmas, I've until into the New Year to return everything(thank God, I wasn't aware of that when I bought the stuff) as long as I don't open anything and it's probably what I should do, then buy it again when everything is right, fixed and known, oh, and far cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nope, disappointed myself, I'd say they were to be but something didn't work out, as they appear to be the same size.

For special editions, is the DLC included or do you still purchase separate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

magnumbud wrote: »
    depends on what version of the OS is on the current retail versions, could be worth starting it up and going to the options and getting the latest version, also you could do that for all the physical games, just put them in and try to launch and if theres an update it will get it. that way the little fella wont have to wait to play anything.

as for digital yeah you can. there isnt the largest memory in the system itself but it completely depends on what games you'd be buying him, or yourself :pac:, if you actually need to invest in one . if your going to be buying a lot of digital games you may want to get a sd card for it. i got this one : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00WR0HIR4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 again you could go for the smaller memory version of this particular one depending on how many games and what games e.g. l.a. noire, doom, nba 2k18 are particullary large games while the nintendo made ones are small enough. even though i have an sd the digital games i have bought probably wouldn't fill the systems memory but i mostly by indie games digital and the rest physical.

i would highly recommend getting one of these packs too: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N9RG3XS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 stops scratches and also can protect against shattering the screen if he drops it as the protector will shatter and you just replace it rather than the screen

Cheers. Have ordered screen protector and a carry case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

For special editions, is the DLC included or do you still purchase separate?

Dlc is separate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mario Rabbids Collectors edition also 55euro..

Please please let it still be I'm stock by tomorrow when I can run to the bank

Hmmmmm should I get this :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Got fire emblem for 40 beans there, I could play through it and then sell it back to cex for 35...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement