Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

sligeach wrote: »
    I've been looking into buying a Switch Pro Controller for the past number of weeks. I'm resentful that I've spent hundreds of Euros already and I've to spend another ~€70 on this for good controls and then there's a memory card, another ~€50 and that won't be enough for the lifetime. Anyway, Base and Shopto had the original Pro Controller for £54 and £55 respectively, they've both sold out about a week ago. Simply Games still have it for £55 plus £2.50 for postage. Everything about the Switch comes with a caveat. The D pad on the Pro Controller is supposed to be dodgy, picking up unintentional inputs, there's reports that the XC2 Controller has improved this but nothing definitive. But to buy that is more expensive again and I'm not a fan of its design. Everything tells me to wait for the next Switch model with the mistakes fixed. When I know what the online service is, the Virtual Console, the voice chat, nicer colour schemes on Joy-Con's(dark green would be nice), larger Joy-Con's, fixed Pro Controller, I want a web browser and other stuff, it's ridiculous that it doesn't have something so simple. I was thinking I might play this over Christmas then maybe sell it after to buy at a later date, but then when I remove my account, what happens to my save files? I've nothing to save them to and besides I don't think they can still be transferred. It's kind of silly buying Xenoblade Chronicles 2 when I have several copies of XCX on Wii U that I've yet to play. Bought the Zelda BOTW Limited Edition for Switch last night on Gamestop(though they've yet to get back to me, I think their stock checker is dodgy). Why? I don't need it. I've completed everything about it on Wii U bar the new DLC. I'm not going to play it again on Switch. With it being Christmas, I've until into the New Year to return everything(thank God, I wasn't aware of that when I bought the stuff) as long as I don't open anything and it's probably what I should do, then buy it again when everything is right, fixed and known, oh, and far cheaper.

Do you want me to mind your credit card for a bit? Think of it as a friendly intervention :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

I wonder would it be an idea to have a pure bargain alert thread and a bargain alert chat thread? Just makes this thread hard to follow lately with all the chat, which is helpful alright to those inquiring about controllers and what not.

Just a suggestion anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

E-mail received in the past few minutes.
    We're Sorry!,

Hi XXXXX,

We received your request to Click&Collect The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on 2017-12-14 at 1:35 AM

This item you requested is no longer available at the store you selected.

This order has been automatically cancelled. If you paid by credit card, the authorisation placed has now been deleted. If you paid via PayPal then your refund has already been processed.

We sincerely apologise and have a few suggestions:

1. Return to GameStop.ie and try another location for us to search or increase your search radius.

2. This item may also be available on GameStop.ie to ship to your home.

Thank you,

Your GameStop Team.

Why do I hate Gamestop, I couldn't possibly think of a reason. It was Henry Street, Dublin. Wouldn't surprise me if they sold it to walk-in customers this morning. F****** $cumbags! They're in for a bollocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

F****** $cumbags! They're in for a bollocking.

14698770.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hmmmmm should I get this :confused:

The way I look at it I've wanted this game since launch I almost paid 55euro for it now I get extras for 50 and when I'm finished I can sell for 40-45euro..

Easy decision to buy and when I sell I'll keep the figurine..

Purchased Mario and rabbids and the south park CE also I love my figurines haha.. Does post come on Saturdays this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Colemania wrote: »
    I wonder would it be an idea to have a pure bargain alert thread and a bargain alert chat thread? Just makes this thread hard to follow lately with all the chat, which is helpful alright to those inquiring about controllers and what not.

I like that idea. I'll set it up tonight and move some posts around.

Works well for the Argos thread in Bargain Alerts.

... or not. See later post from Cidey. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Mr E wrote: »
    I like that idea. I'll set it up tonight and move some posts around.

Works well for the Argos thread in Bargain Alerts.

Well if you lucky mods don't mind moving all the chat that is pretty much guaranteed to happen, it's a good move and works well. Apart from all the chat that's still there.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think we'd be running into trouble as we'd have too many threads discussing broadly the same topics.
    Perhaps if general console/game chat was directed to the relevant chat threads, they are there for Nintendo and Switch specific matters.
    That might keep this thread clear from now on, at least make it easier to follow.

Edit: Just read Mr E's opinion on the matter and sure, why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The way I look at it I've wanted this game since launch I almost paid 55euro for it now I get extras for 50 and when I'm finished I can sell for 40-45euro..

Easy decision to buy and when I sell I'll keep the figurine..

Purchased Mario and rabbids and the south park CE also I love my figurines haha.. Does post come on Saturdays this week?

Very tempted, I have Odyssey, Zelda, Xenoblade and Fire Emblem though :pac:

I think this thread is fine. Very often there's not much discussion, plus bargains usually only last a day or 2 so people only need keep track of the last few pages for current deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I don't know if there are enough bargains posted day to day to have an offshoot chat thread. Argos threads have hundreds of different products but Nintendo video games is a lot more specific, but that's just my two cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Id be thinking in terms of chat vs bargains, this thread might get buried, if it just soley relied on bargain alerts alone, leading to new threads being created for the bargains that one might miss if not subbed.

Just thinkin out loud. Can totally see that chat might be a annoying to some tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

We have a Switch chat thread, a bargain thread, news & releases and a Nintendo discussion thread.

Surely that's enough?

Just keep actual bargains to the bargain thread with no additional chat unless directly related? It might take a few reminders to begin with but people will catch on.

Any questions of lowest current prices can be kept to one of the discussion threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Z8O50iw.jpg

The eShop has had some surprisingly nice price drops on games as the weeks have gone by, it's worth checking the 'Current Offers' tab in the eShop. There's a pretty good Christmas sale on there now with very decent discounts.

Some selected ones are:

Rocket League 25% off - €14.99.
    Steamworld Dig 2 25% off - €14.99.
    Mario & Rabbids 33% off - €39.99.
    Shovel Knight Treasure Trove 20% off - €19.99.
    Overcooked 20% off - €15.99.
    Puyo Puyo Tetris 30% off - €27.99.
    Dragonball Xenoverse 30% off - €41.99.
    The Mummy Demastered 30% off - €13.99.
    Shantae Half Genie Hero 33% off - €11.38.
    Namco Museum 50% off - €14.99.
    Has Been Heroes 50% off - €12.49.
    Mighty Gunvolt Burst 30% off - €6.99.
    Oceanhorn 33% off - €9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Yeah, some pretty nice discounts. Also check here if you want to possibly save more money through different regions:

https://eshop-prices.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yeah, some pretty nice discounts. Also check here if you want to possibly save more money through different regions:

https://eshop-prices.com/

Brilliant, have been waiting to find something like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Corholio wrote: »
    The eShop has had some surprisingly nice price drops on games as the weeks have gone by, it's worth checking the 'Current Offers' tab in the eShop. There's a pretty good Christmas sale on there now with very decent discounts.

Some selected ones are:

Rocket League 25% off - €14.99.
    Steamworld Dig 2 25% off - €14.99.
    Mario & Rabbids 33% off - €39.99.
    Shovel Knight Treasure Trove 20% off - €19.99.
    Overcooked 20% off - €15.99.
    Puyo Puyo Tetris 30% off - €27.99.
    Dragonball Xenoverse 30% off - €41.99.
    The Mummy Demastered 30% off - €13.99.
    Shantae Half Genie Hero 33% off - €11.38.
    Namco Museum 50% off - €14.99.
    Has Been Heroes 50% off - €12.49.
    Mighty Gunvolt Burst 30% off - €6.99.
    Oceanhorn 33% off - €9.99

Really tempted with Mario Rabbids and overcooked. I have overcooked for ps4, but switch is perfect for it.

Ordered south park collectors edition and Mario and rabbids collectors edition

South park has been posted but not Mario?.. I'm afraid it may get cancelled anyone have luck with getting it sent yet?

If it got canceled would I be fit to go in store and request the price I paid when it said it was in shock or something?..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Ordered south park collectors edition and Mario and rabbids collectors edition

South park has been posted but not Mario?.. I'm afraid it may get cancelled anyone have luck with getting it sent yet?

If it got canceled would I be fit to go in store and request the price I paid when it said it was in shock or something?..

I doubt it, they don't honour online prices in store as is. I know those prices were in store as well, but still.

• Advertisement

I doubt it, they don't honour online prices in store as is. I know those prices were in store as well, but still.

Contemplating buying it again for store pick up.. But would I be fit to pick it up on Saturday I wonder?

Contemplating buying it again for store pick up.. But would I be fit to pick it up on Saturday I wonder?

I believe they'd hold it for 48 hours. But even if it says its in stock for inshore pick up now doesn't guarantee it would be tomorrow or Saturday.

I believe they'd hold it for 48 hours. But even if it says its in stock for inshore pick up now doesn't guarantee it would be tomorrow or Saturday.

Do they not hold the items for you since you have already paid or do they try sell to other people first? Come tomorrow it be back at 110 so doubt anyone would buy at that price

Do they not hold the items for you since you have already paid or do they try sell to other people first? Come tomorrow it be back at 110 so doubt anyone would buy at that price

In my experience I have placed items on click and collect I have gone into the store and confirmed they have it in stock, but had my click and collect cancelled because it was 'Out of stock in the store you selected'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

E-mail received in the past few minutes.

Why do I hate Gamestop, I couldn't possibly think of a reason. It was Henry Street, Dublin. Wouldn't surprise me if they sold it to walk-in customers this morning. F****** $cumbags! They're in for a bollocking.

Same happened to me too! And I'd gone and cancelled the normal version I had arriving from Amazon as a gift in the mean time!

Now have to pay an extra tenner to get it from Argos to ensure I have it for Christmas Day

Same happened to me too! And I'd gone and cancelled the normal version I had arriving from Amazon as a gift in the mean time!

Now have to pay an extra tenner to get it from Argos to ensure I have it for Christmas Day

I rang the store several times, no answer, rang their customer support number, it's nothing more than an answering machine for you to leave your details and they'll get back to you, who knows when. Sent an e-mail to them, I've got no reply back yet. I despise their very existence. Even when I try to give them money they screw me over. About half of my orders with them they've cancelled because they haven't a clue what they're at. It's bad enough that they're price gougers.

Picked up the Fire Emblem Warriors Limited Edition for 40. It's worth asking even if you don't see any of the offers in store as the gang working in there were unaware of the 50% off offer and had to scan it to realise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Has anyone that bought rabbids for an opinion on it?

I've never been a massive fan of turn based games but I am trying to get a few games for the new switch and have oddessey, zelda, overcooked, skyrim, stardew, snipperclips.

I'm going to buy kart and maybe xenoblade 2 and splatoon

Rabbids is tempting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

amadablam wrote:
    Has anyone that bought rabbids for an opinion on it?

It's very fun to pick up and play, easy to 'win', can be tricky to win perfectly. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I won't be opening my switch until christmas or near enough to it so can anyone tell me when that eshop sale is going to end? Want to get Overcooked for it. I haven't ordered a memory card yet but would I be ok with MK8, Odyssey and Rabbids physical and Overcooked digital without one or will i need it to download Overwatch?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement