Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

emmetkenny wrote: »
    And another one added to the collection :pac: so much for not wanting a backlog :(

Got a dispatch notification as well. That's very quick!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Me too. Meanwhile at Gamestop HQ...
    FactoryMilwaukeeWis.jpg

These companies put Gamestop to shame. Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ ordered and dispatched in less than 2 hours.

sligeach wrote: »
    Me too. Meanwhile at Gamestop HQ...
    FactoryMilwaukeeWis.jpg

These companies put Gamestop to shame. Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ ordered and dispatched in less than 2 hours.

I'm still waiting on my Amazon.de order. Was due on the 12th after dispatching on the 6th. No sign yesterday so I emailed Customer Service who advised I should wait until the 20th and if they haven't arrived then to get back in touch.

Two of the games are Christmas presents :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Tempted by isaac but it seems like the type of game I'd want digitally so it'd always be on the sd card for the odd game. Decisions...

****ing hell lad, you're taking first world problems to a new level there :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I've an obscene amount of hours logged in Isaac on Steam, having played it inside out in the 3+ years since Rebirth's release, but getting it on the Switch for that price is irresistible.

That said, having to re-do The Keeper unlocks is gonna be the definition of a slog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'm still waiting on my Amazon.de order. Was due on the 12th after dispatching on the 6th. No sign yesterday so I emailed Customer Service who advised I should wait until the 20th and if they haven't arrived then to get back in touch.

Should be here by the 20th tbh, normally takes anout a week but delivery times are always longer in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Some Random Username

My Amazon.de order shipped on the 12th supposed to arrive today but no sign of it either. Tracking doesn't work properly it just says arriving today. DP still listed as carrier so I'm hoping its gonna come late next week.

Did anyone have their order arrive yet? And if they did, did the tracking ever properly come online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Bit the dust on Isaac myself after seeing so many people jump on it, made it hard to resist ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

My Amazon.de order shipped on the 12th supposed to arrive today but no sign of it either. Tracking doesn't work properly it just says arriving today. DP still listed as carrier so I'm hoping its gonna come late next week.

Did anyone have their order arrive yet? And if they did, did the tracking ever properly come online?

Mine stated that it was shipped on the 6th and arrived on the 12th as expected, the tracking, however, never worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

dudeeile wrote: »
    Mine stated that it was shipped on the 6th and arrived on the 12th as expected, the tracking, however, never worked.

I've had major issues with Amazon.co.uk in terms of delays for Christmas presents this year. 3 orders with several products all delayed. I've had to cancel a couple already today and will have to buy locally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I've had major issues with Amazon.co.uk in terms of delays for Christmas presents this year. 3 orders with several products all delayed. I've had to cancel a couple already today and will have to buy locally.
    Yep - I've never seen them so slow to dispatch. Usually they really ramp up at Christmas but this year in particular has been atrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Mario and Rabbids is 40 in Smyths also argos selling console skins for zelda and Mario kart for 10euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The deals, my power of self control does nothing!

Do you have switch yet owaynott?

Not exactly, no, but my younger brother has one.

Just got warriors, rabbids and Isaac for the switch. Suppose I may buy other people stuff now.

I see some of the Mario & Rabbit figures are reduced in Argos according to Check Argos

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7159538.htm?desktopSiteActive=true&_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A8088783

A few of the others are reduced as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Honestly, all my orders have been solid from amazon.co.uk and the one I was referring to above was actually from amazon.de, took a little longer than I would have expected but was spot on with their timeframe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

I saw LA Noire for €35 in Stephens Green GameStop yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

dudeeile wrote: »
    Honestly, all my orders have been solid from amazon.co.uk and the one I was referring to above was actually from amazon.de, took a little longer than I would have expected but was spot on with their timeframe.

Generally have never had issues with the co.uk website before but all of my orders made in December have slipped to post Christmas despite the initial confirmation saying pre Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fuko200

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a email back about a click and collect from gamestop?
    I ordered the LE fire emblem warriors since it was 50% off about 20 minutes before their sale ended the night before yesterday and payment is pending till the store confirms.
    I waited all day yesterday for an email and called the store to make sure and they said they havent recieved a email about it yet at all.
    Im wondering is it slow becauae of xmas or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Fuko200 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it takes to get a email back about a click and collect from gamestop?
    I ordered the LE fire emblem warriors since it was 50% off about 20 minutes before their sale ended the night before yesterday and payment is pending till the store confirms.
    I waited all day yesterday for an email and called the store to make sure and they said they havent recieved a email about it yet at all.
    Im wondering is it slow becauae of xmas or what?

Within 48 hours isn’t it.

• Advertisement

Within 48 hours isn’t it.

I checked the site and they state within 2 hours i should get a confirmation regarding it but i havent at all yet. Only email i got was about my order being placed.
    Im wondering if i go in store with the details could i just collect it there, pay and they could cancel my order i placed online?
    Sorry if i didnt explain it properly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

Sure makes Prime look like the better option eh? (Wink wink nudge nudge)

That said, I made the mistake of ordering something from GameStop a few weeks back. Have just concluded a chargeback for non receipt of goods from them. By far and away, in my opinion, GameStop are the worst retailer out there. They have zero customer service, zero. No phone number that’s manned, they don’t call back if you leave a voice mail, they don’t reply to emails...truly rock bottom standard.

So whatever about Amazons dispatch speed (something I’ve definitely noticed as slowing down), their customer service is gold standard.

Inviere wrote: »
    Sure makes Prime look like the better option eh? (Wink wink nudge nudge)

That said, I made the mistake of ordering something from GameStop a few weeks back. Have just concluded a chargeback for non receipt of goods from them. By far and away, in my opinion, GameStop are the worst retailer out there. They have zero customer service, zero. No phone number that’s manned, they don’t call back if you leave a voice mail, they don’t reply to emails...truly rock bottom standard.

So whatever about Amazons dispatch speed (something I’ve definitely noticed as slowing down), their customer service is gold standard.

Regarding the statement about gamestop, you are correct. I left voicemails with my number etc and havent gotten calls back, sent emails with no response and i just tried their facebook.
    I would go for amazon but the LE fire emblem was only €40 from €80 but this whole click and collect is honestly making me stressed since it is a gift for someone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

wtlltw wrote: »
    I saw LA Noire for €35 in Stephens Green GameStop yesterday

€30 in smyths

but requires a 14gb download

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Fuko200 wrote: »
    I checked the site and they state within 2 hours i should get a confirmation regarding it but i havent at all yet. Only email i got was about my order being placed.
    Im wondering if i go in store with the details could i just collect it there, pay and they could cancel my order i placed online?
    Sorry if i didnt explain it properly!

Nope they won't allow that. Or rather, they'd charge you the price in store, so 80 quid.

Nope they won't allow that. Or rather, they'd charge you the price in store, so 80 quid.

Ok thanm you for the replies, ill give it a few days since it is xmas and the system is more than likely alow but thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Picked up overcooked on sale. Already own it on ps4, but switch is perfect platform for it.

I am an actual chef and I have to say, the roaring in the game is very similar to what I encounter in busy kitchen. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

MyMemory.co.uk are having a sale at the moment, they automatically deduct 10% when you go to the checkout, but if you enter "MMLOYAL", you'll get 20% off. Delivery is free to Ireland, you could pick the £1.49 option but it makes no difference it seems. These are the prices with the discount included:

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/sine-mora-ex-nintendo-switch.html £16.20

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/hori-nintendo-switch-pokken-tournament-dx-pro-pad-wired-controller.html £17.09

I bought the HORI Pokken Tournament Switch controller myself. Works out at a little less than €20. It's not just those 2 items, they've a few other bits of Switch products. The discount is good for anything on the site. I'm going back to have a further look.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

MyMemory.co.uk are having a sale at the moment, they automatically deduct 10% when you go to the checkout, but if you enter "MMLOYAL", you'll get 20% off. Delivery is free to Ireland, you could pick the £1.49 option but it makes no difference it seems. These are the prices with the discount included:

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/hori-nintendo-switch-pokken-tournament-dx-pro-pad-wired-controller.html £17.09

I bought the HORI Pokken Tournament Switch controller myself. Works out at a little less than €20. It's not just those 2 items, they've a few other bits of Switch products. The discount is good for anything on the site. I'm going back to have a further look.

Those are probably the best deals on what they have although Sine Mora is only €25 in Argos so I'd get it there instead if you wanted it guaranteed before Christmas. Shame that controller is wired and has no Home button, good for the price though.

Ironically their 'Switch' memory cards are a rip-off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I must have completely missed the boat on this one, but (based on the fact that you bought the hori Controller) did you buy a switch Sligeach??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement