Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I must have completely missed the boat on this one, but (based on the fact that you bought the hori Controller) did you buy a switch Sligeach??

Yes, he did. Not sure why as he's buying more things for it and still giving out about it. :P

I've changed my tune about it, really growing on me it is (helped in no small part by giving Zelda a proper go this time and playing with the pro controller).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yes, he did. Not sure why as he's buying more things for it and still giving out about it. :P

I've changed my tune about it, really growing on me it is (helped in no small part by giving Zelda a proper go this time and playing with the pro controller).

Excellent!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Because he hasn't opened it yet.
    I'm anticipating a Ebeneezacious change will come over him on Christmas morning.
    "You there! Boy! Do you know the GameStop on the main Street? Have they sold the zelda backpack in the window that looks like a hyrulian shield?" Etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is Zelda ever going to drop in price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

RasTa wrote: »
    Is Zelda ever going to drop in price?

I hope not. Nintendo deserve every penny for one of the greatest games ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

When they eventually rerelease it as a greatest hits title!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

When they eventually rerelease it as a greatest hits title!

In probably 2-3 years time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ironically their 'Switch' memory cards are a rip-off.

Something something Switch tax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Quite a few 3ds games just been reduced to €29.99 in Smyths

Monster Hunter Stories
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    Fire Emblem Echoes
    Ever Oasis
    Metroid Samus Returns is €35

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Quite a few 3ds games just been reduced to €29.99 in Smyths

Monster Hunter Stories
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    Fire Emblem Echoes
    Ever Oasis
    Metroid Samus Returns is €35

21c5cq.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

21c5cq.jpg
    H4JsuO.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Enter the Gungeon is €5.05 on the Russian store.

A pox on my stupid impatience. :mad:

Buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Well, my collectors edition of Zelda arrived from GameStop today...

aui5y0.jpg

Maybe it’s just me, but is it missing something? Maybe the whole “collectors edition” aspect?
    :confused::(:mad:

This is the final straw, after receiving a damaged box of the collectors edition of Rabbids a few days ago too (ordered together with this “collector’s edition”). Me and GameStop are officially Divorced! :pac::(:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

aui5y0.jpg

Maybe it’s just me, but is it missing something? Maybe the whole “collectors edition” aspect?

This is the final straw, after receiving a damaged box of the collectors edition of Rabbids a few days ago too (ordered together with this “collector’s edition”). Me and GameStop are officially Divorced! :pac::(:o

Man! That bloody sucks!

I ordered the special edition mario rabbids, and I have a feeling the same thing is going to happen to me too, the order/dispatch thingy just says mario and rabbids, no special wording or anything in the order after looking at it there or in the invoice that was sent to me today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

That is terrible. Bunch of morons - I dunno they stay in buissness

Like, it was part of the 'special editions half price sale' a few days ago, aka 'get rid of stock'. How could they mess that up.

Edit: yup, I just checked my PayPal receipt there and it too says mario and rabbids. Nothing about it being a special edition anywhere. For fook sake GS!

Edit: yup, I just checked my PayPal receipt there and it too says mario and rabbids. Nothing about it being a special edition anywhere. For fook sake GS!

I ordered the limited edition of Assassin's Creed Origins and just got a message saying that the order is cancelled, but no reason why. They're not good at this online shop stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

fixxxer wrote: »
    They're not good at this online shop stuff, well, anything really

A slight correction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

aui5y0.jpg

What did the packing slip say?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ColG

aui5y0.jpg

Exact same has just happened to me.
    No mention of collectors edition on the packing slip. But when you click the link to the product on the online order it goes to the collectors edition.
    I presume the chances of them replacing it are zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ColG wrote: »
    No mention of collectors edition on the packing slip. But when you click the link to the product on the online order it goes to the collectors edition.

Get your refund, item is not as described. Slam dunk breach of trade regulations.

Get your refund, item is not as described. Slam dunk breach of trade regulations.

How are GameStop with returns? Like mario rabbids special edition was half price at €55 on the day, it's normally €109 https://www.gamestop.ie/Nintendo Switch/Games/63603/mario-and-rabbids-kingdom-battle

Ordinary version is normally €59 but on sale ATM at €45. Clearly a fook up in their Wearhouse and staff not being told of this half day or one day sale. Idiots.

Dreading getting in contact with them about this when it arrives tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ColG

How are GameStop with returns? Like mario rabbids special edition was half price at €55 on the day, it's normally €109 https://www.gamestop.ie/Nintendo%20Switch/Games/63603/mario-and-rabbids-kingdom-battle

Ordinary version is normally €59 but on sale ATM at €45. Clearly a fook up in their Wearhouse and staff not being told of this half day or one day sale. Idiots.

If it makes you feel any better - my copy of rabbids arrived as a collectors edition...

Inviere wrote:
    A slight correction

Ah I like my local Gamestop. The staff are decent and have done me a few deals over the years. The online side does seem to be an absolute shambles at the moment though.

How are GameStop with returns? Like mario rabbids special edition was half price at €55 on the day, it's normally €109 https://www.gamestop.ie/Nintendo%20Switch/Games/63603/mario-and-rabbids-kingdom-battle

If it makes you feel any better - my copy of rabbids arrived as a collectors edition...

It does thank you :)

Hopefully mines the right one too. It was an impulse buy tbh.

Yep, I’m going to get refunds on it and the damaged Mario Rabbids collectors edition, they’re not taking my money anymore. Still no answer from customer service after my email to inform them of my dissatisfaction with the Rabbids order that arrived on Saturday, so no hope of much resolution before Christmas at this rate.

The order on the packaging slip doesn’t mention collectors edition but I ordered it on the morning they were half price, it shows the collectors edition version when I check my online orders on the website and it says promotion applied of €109.98 when I check my email confirmation too (it doesn’t say collectors edition for Rabbids either but that still came, albeit in a damaged rickety state). Ugh, between this and many previous disappointments with online orders, GameStop and I are hereby finished.

How are GameStop with returns?

They usually say to bring it in to your local store for an exchange or refund so that side of it is usually grand. But in my previous experience it takes multiple repeated emails of increasing vexatiousness before getting any kind of non-automated response.

You should be safe for getting the collectors edition of Rabbids, but tbh the figurine it comes with is an ugly reminder of Gamestop’s treachery so I just want rid of it now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Got part of my bonus in one for all as no tax on them now looking to spend but nit as easy as last year. Was able to convert to amazon vouchers but now cant and smyths don't accept them. Looking for xenoblade 2 but gamestop are ripoff merchants and argos arent much better since the initial batch :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

magnumbud wrote: »
    Got part of my bonus in one for all as no tax on them now looking to spend but nit as easy as last year. Was able to convert to amazon vouchers but now cant and smyths don't accept them. Looking for xenoblade 2 but gamestop are ripoff merchants and argos arent much better since the initial batch :(

Any supermarket take them near you? Use the voucher for your shopping and spend your shopping money on games :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo Switch Docking Station is now €60 in Smyths. Still a rip-off but it's down from €90.
    160640.jpg

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-accessories/nintendo-switch-docking-station/p/160640

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement