Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Guess I might have a few soldiers for a boycott video game store day

Rabble rabble rabble

They took ur Master Sword

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEiWU1MbBfk

I was only thinking of that shower of c**** today. Sent me this e-mail earlier, 5 days after f***ing up my order, they're still giving me the ring-around, telling me to contact them again through their e-mail, the same e-mail that has done nothing but send a couple of automated responses or to contact the store. Tried that so many times, no point ringing a number if they don't pick up the f***ing phone.
    Dear Customers
    On behalf of GameStop we apologise for the delays in responding to your queries.

We are asking all customers, if your query is urgent or still unresolved please contact us through hello@gamestop.ie
    If your query is product related please contact your local GameStop store: www.gamestop.ie/StoreLocator

The answers to many common and uncommon queries are held in our online FAQs on https://www.gamestop.ie/Help/Index?section=FAQ and all product details can be found on https://www.gamestop.ie

We ask you kindly to not open multiple tickets about the same issue.This slows down support and will not increase the response time to your ticket.

We thank you for your patience
    Kind Regards,
    Customer Support

Hurry up and die you b@$t@rd$!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

sligeach wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEiWU1MbBfk

I was only thinking of that shower of c**** today. Sent me this e-mail earlier, 5 days after f***ing up my order, they're still giving me the ring-around, telling me to contact them again through their e-mail, the same e-mail that has done nothing but send a couple of automated responses or to contact the store. Tried that so many times, no point ringing a number if they don't pick up the f***ing phone.

Hurry up and die you b@$t@rd$!

Yep. Same runaround I got.
    It's infuriating and you feel totally helpless as you can't get any of the fu**ers on the phone.
    Twitter and Facebook are also equally useless for contacting them.
    My blood is boiling just thinking about them. A bloody burdizzo is too good for them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

In fairness the only solution for companies like that is to try a chargeback via your card provider.

Use the emails as proof that you tried to engage with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Nintendo Switch Docking Station is now €60 in Smyths. Still a rip-off but it's down from €90.
    160640.jpg

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-accessories/nintendo-switch-docking-station/p/160640

Not bad at €60 tbh seeing as it comes with the USB-c charger, which is also overpriced at €35.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Not bad at €60 tbh seeing as it comes with the USB-c charger, which is also overpriced at €35.

Thanks for that. I just bought one as I had bought a spare charger yesterday and hadn't even opened it so for an extra 28 euro, I got the docking station and hdmi cable.

That's not bad value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

My Mario and rabbids collectors edition was in transit today all of a sudden it says item undelivered..

South park arrived fine and courier left it in the garage..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Nintendo Switch Docking Station is now €60 in Smyths. Still a rip-off but it's down from €90.
    160640.jpg

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-accessories/nintendo-switch-docking-station/p/160640

I might buy this too, for Switching the Switch between TVs :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mr E wrote: »
    Enter the Gungeon is €5.05 on the Russian store.

A pox on my stupid impatience. :mad:

Buy it.
    спасибо

Played a bit last night, it's nuts, but very fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

160640.jpg

Thanks for the share, already got one a while back. Fair dues to symths for the good price on this.

I would not say its a rip off, 60e for a USB Charger and a spare dock is pretty acceptable. Thats a good deal in fairness. Especially for folks needing a spare USB Plug.

Nintendo are a Company like any other and have a right to make money on their Hardware, plus there are shipping, manufacturing costs and shops getting their cut for stocking them for us in all fairness. Nintendo Official Accessories are worth it in any regard vs 3rd party crap. Do you expect them to give you stuff for free or what?

I only wish they design a better dock, that thing is ugly, not particularly portable and unnecessary large.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

magnumbud wrote: »
    anyone still looking for a switch as part of gamestops 12 days of christmas say that if you buy a switch you get a game free https://www.gamestop.ie/12-days clicking on it wont work for me today so im unsure if its a limited set of games

You'll probably end up getting a light switch and a game of Cluedo when it does arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is there any other way of connecting a switch to a hdmi input apart from via the dock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

sweetie wrote: »
    Is there any other way of connecting a switch to a hdmi input apart from via the dock?

I got one of these from ebay, does the job

411LFqvEicL.jpg

I got one of these from ebay, does the job

411LFqvEicL.jpg

What sort of price did you pay ? I'd be very interested in the same for my living room telly as my switch dock in on the sitting room telly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

deadl0ck wrote: »
    What sort of price did you pay ? I'd be very interested in the same for my living room telly as my switch dock in on the sitting room telly...

about €25, you need to be careful with it though. as you cant lay the switch flat when using it or it will overheat. Also it needs to be powered.

This isnt the one seller I used but I think it's the same cable.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202064729880?ul_noapp=true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'd perhaps exercise caution about buying these 3rd party equivalents or alternatives after hearing the stories of the NYKO dock killing Switch's.

I'd perhaps exercise caution about buying these 3rd party equivalents or alternatives after hearing the stories of the NYKO dock killing Switch's.
    Wow - hadn't heard about that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

about €25, you need to be careful with it though. as you cant lay the switch flat when using it or it will overheat. Also it needs to be powered.

This isnt the one seller I used but I think it's the same cable.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202064729880?ul_noapp=true

thanks. Is the output disabled when the switch is running on battery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Anyone knows if they sell Switches at Dixon’s Travel in Dublin airport and if they have good deals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Some Random Username

Heads up for anyone still waiting on their Amazon.de 3 for 2 games, I had to email customer support to get a replacement sorted as my games still haven't arrived yet. Ordered on the 7th, due to arrive on the 15th but no sign of it (I have the prime trial but I went with free delivery). Emailed to say they were missing and were Christmas presents. Sending a replacement......that arrives on the 30th.

Hopefully the original order somehow shows up and I can just cancel/return the replacement. First bad experience I've had with an Amazon order from any of their sites. Annoying thing is I made two unrelated different game orders from the UK site and another from the German one after this order and they've both already arrived.

Any Nintendo bargains?

4 pages of chat without a bargain posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Gamestop Discussion split away to a separate thread. Back to actual bargains please. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Heads up for anyone still waiting on their Amazon.de 3 for 2 games, I had to email customer support to get a replacement sorted as my games still haven't arrived yet. Ordered on the 7th, due to arrive on the 15th but no sign of it (I have the prime trial but I went with free delivery). Emailed to say they were missing and were Christmas presents. Sending a replacement......that arrives on the 30th.

Hopefully the original order somehow shows up and I can just cancel/return the replacement. First bad experience I've had with an Amazon order from any of their sites. Annoying thing is I made two unrelated different game orders from the UK site and another from the German one after this order and they've both already arrived.

Thanks for posting this. I ordered mine on the 8th and due on the 16th but nothing.

Just emailed them yesterday and I'm waiting on the response. Like yourself, I've had three orders from amazon delivered since I originally ordered the games.

Did you just go through customer service or order replacement or return choice?

Anyone get their copy of Binding Of Iaasc yet from the Game Collection offer that Silleagh posted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I got it when Base were selling it for sub £20, took about 2 weeks to arrive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Anyone get their copy of Binding Of Iaasc yet from the Game Collection offer that Silleagh posted?

i think mine arrived today. package at home but wont know til after work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Not yet, i forgot about it too

magnumbud wrote: »
    i think mine arrived today. package at home but wont know til after work

Perfect, thank you. Hopefully the postman drops it off today or tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Perfect, thank you. Hopefully the postman drops it off today or tomorrow :)

i'll try to remember to give an update if it is it and everything is there once i get home so you know they should be arriving

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement