Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I think its the exact same deal they did on Black Friday too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just a heads up on the 20% off, it's only some games that apply. Thought I could get Mario Kart for €48 or so but was told it's not part of the deal. Off to Argos so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Shocker. I was going to wander in for a look, but don't think I'll bother now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Just a heads up on the 20% off, it's only some games that apply. Thought I could get Mario Kart for €48 or so but was told it's not part of the deal. Off to Argos so.

It's on the website?
    https://www.gamestop.ie/Nintendo%20Switch/Games/62046/mario-kart-8-deluxe

Between getting it or the pro controller either.

Elder Scrolls or Doom are tempting too at €48 probably can be got cheaper down the line though, Mario+Rabbids is pretty good value at €36.

Or splurge €80 on set of Joycons with snipperclips.

Can really only afford to get one thing at the minute. Decisions, Decisions!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ryath wrote: »
    It's on the website?
    https://www.gamestop.ie/Nintendo%20Switch/Games/62046/mario-kart-8-deluxe

Between getting it or the pro controller either.

Elder Scrolls or Doom are tempting too at €48 probably can be got cheaper down the line though, Mario+Rabbids is pretty good value at €36.

Or splurge €80 on set of Joycons with snipperclips.

Can really only afford to get one thing at the minute. Decisions, Decisions!

I hadn't seen that on the website, I just looked at the home page mentioning the discount. Before bringing the game up to the counter I had asked was the 20% deal on and told yes, then when she scanned the game at the til she said that game didn't apply. I already had MK8 reserved in Argos so I was happy to give them my money instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Andrew76 wrote:
    the game at the til she said that game didn't apply. I already had MK8 reserved in Argos so I was happy to take my money elsewhere.

Never change Gamestop, never change.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was considering picking up PuyoPuyo but I think it'd be better as a download, can play it anywhere then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

GameStop carlow had MK8 marked as 20% off. Was tempted to get another joycon but thought the better of it. Not really needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I saw Fire Emblem SE in Carlow for €40 with a 20% sticker on it. I was tempted, but Hyrule Warriors never clicked with me a few years ago so I decided against it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

There hasn't been a bargain here in a few days but for anyone looking for a cheap 128gb San Disk Ultra card...... This is 29.99 GBP or 33 Euro and add in your preferred parcel motel, parcel wizard, etc and you have a nice cheap upgrade that should last you long enough for the 200gb cards to be cheaper :D

http://www.picstop.co.uk/micro-sdxc/sandisk-ultra-micro-sdxc-memory-card-100mbs-class-10-for-android-128gb.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Any chance Amazon will do a three for two again? I need to get a copy of Mario Kart.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Any chance Amazon will do a three for two again? I need to get a copy of Mario Kart.

You get it as cheap by switching stores if you don't mind a digital copy.

The discounts gamestop had Christmas Eve on accessories were actually pretty good in retrospect. €72 for the joycons was good in comparison to argos €85 and amazon £70. Was humming and hawing over it and left it but think I probably should have got one now. Do they go on offer often does anyone know?

amadablam wrote: »

I wouldn’t mind a digital copy. What’s the best price I can get it for?

Works out around 42-45 from South Africa I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Got it for 45 euros on the South African eshop. It’s probably a good candidate for digital as it is the kind of game you probably will keep playing for a while and will want to have a with you all the time.

And I really wonder why it is that much cheaper there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Bob24 wrote: »
    Got it for 45 euros on the South African eshop. It’s probably a good candidate for digital as it is the kind of game you probably will keep playing for a while and will want to have a with you all the time.

Loads to take into account.

Cost of living in South Africa the wages are a lot less then say Ireland.

Tax rates.

How week the money in South Africa is campere to the euro loads of things.

Like people don't realise games have not went up in years in Ireland. They have been 50 euros new since I was 10 years old and that's over 15 years ago at this stage. So really video games have got a lot cheaper. Digital stores and stairs the rise of online shopping you name it.

I still remember my mum paid 60 euros for wwe smackdown in 2002 for me !!!!. Now before xmess you could pick up 2k18 for about 30 euros!!!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Sure it's been mentioned before, but LA Noire is 30 quid in Smyths, as opposed to 60 elsewhere.

Bob24 wrote: »

Loads to take into account.

Cost of living in South Africa the wages are a lot less then say Ireland.

Tax rates.

How week the money in South Africa is campere to the euro loads of things.

Like people don't realise games have not went up in years in Ireland. They have been 50 euros new since I was 10 years old and that's over 15 years ago at this stage. So really video games have got a lot cheaper. Digital stores and stairs the rise of online shopping you name it.

I still remember my mum paid 60 euros for wwe smackdown in 2002 for me !!!!. Now before xmess you could pick up 2k18 for about 30 euros!!!.

Thing is not all games are that much cheaper in SA so it can’t be just tax otherwise the price differential would always be the same.

Also prices in all eurozone countries are the same even though some countries (say Slovakia) also have wages well below Ireland, so I don’t think Nintendo EMEA adjusts prices for local wages as a policy.

• Advertisement

How do I change the store to South Africa?

How do I change the store to South Africa?

Go to your user profile on the Nintendo website and change your country to South Africa.

For reference there is a full price comparison for all games on all eshops here: https://eshop-prices.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sorry lads, looking for the best price on a physical copy of Mario Oddessy?

I don't think our saviour, the SA Rand can help me here.

I don't think our saviour, the SA Rand can help me here.

I think Argos is your best bet, amazon, shopto or the game collection if you don’t mind waiting for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Seen it on sale in GameStop naas today , 45.99 I think it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

sweetie wrote: »
    Seen it on sale in GameStop naas today , 45.99 I think it was

I was just in a different GameStop and it was 60, I wouldn't have thought there was so much variance between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭baldshin

https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=Amiibo

Half price Amiibo in GameStop. Still have 2 of the 3 Odyssey wedding amiibo in stock as I type, and a few more to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

20% off all orders on ebay.co.uk until 6pm

There were switches available but decent offers seem to be gone already.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

bkrangle wrote: »
    20% off all orders on ebay.co.uk until 6pm

There were switches available but decent offers seem to be gone already.....

code is only available to UK, Italy, France and Spain i just tried to use it to buy a psvr and ebay support are telling me it's not available to Irish accounts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I was just in a different GameStop and it was 60, I wouldn't have thought there was so much variance between them.

May have been limited stock. Only saw one copy reduced, the rest were 59.99

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement