Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Switch docks back up to €89.99 in Smyths :(

Just discovered that when I finally went to buy one! Will hold off a while until they drop again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Do you think €70 is a bargain price? If so, I reckon you can make a case for posting. But be prepared for accusations of profiteering on the recent Smyths offer (€60) which will include people examining the route you drove to buy it and the fuel efficiency of your car...

BTW, apparently you can get Mario + Rabbids from Ubisoft for £27 but I can't open the link at work :
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-2624-ubisoft-2873059
    This is separate to the recent posing where you could buy a discount off them for Ubipoints. Dunno if the 2 offers stack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Banjo wrote: »
    Do you think €70 is a bargain price? If so, I reckon you can make a case for posting. But be prepared for accusations of profiteering on the recent Smyths offer (€60) which will include people examining the route you drove to buy it and the fuel efficiency of your car...

BTW, apparently you can get Mario + Rabbids from Ubisoft for £27 but I can't open the link at work :
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-2624-ubisoft-2873059
    This is separate to the recent posing where you could buy a discount off them for Ubipoints. Dunno if the 2 offers stack.

I'm reasonably sure we're not supposed to link to stuff on adverts like that though, perhaps a mod can clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Reason and adverts don't really go together

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm reasonably sure we're not supposed to link to stuff on adverts like that though, perhaps a mod can clarify.

Well, this is the bargains page, so linking to bargains is appropriate.

But linking to one's own ads, in this forum, is not appropriate, as it would potentially open floodgates to everyone using the Nintendo category of Adverts to further link here.

So, I'll delete it there and could users keep it in mind, in the future.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Fair enough. Now I'm gonna use one of the Roto powers from Pokemon Ultra Sun and get everything half price...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Lads, would anyone know where's a good place to sell old nintendo games and consoles? And how to figure out what a reasonable price would be?

I have a SNES,NES,N64 I'm looking to sell off [N64 in very good condition, the other two need new power wires and are prob best used for parts] as well as a good number of games/controllers[3 N64 controllers, 2 SNES controllers, a NES lightgun].

Red_Wake wrote: »
    Lads, would anyone know where's a good place to sell old nintendo games and consoles? And how to figure out what a reasonable price would be?

I have a SNES,NES,N64 I'm looking to sell off [N64 in very good condition, the other two need new power wires and are prob best used for parts] as well as a good number of games/controllers[3 N64 controllers, 2 SNES controllers, a NES lightgun].

The Rage in Dublin? otherwise the arcade and retro forum here has a selling forum

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1423

Or adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Banjo wrote: »

Argh that was a great deal but it seems it’s gone already.

I suspect it might have been a mistake with their website letting people combine 2 25% offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

But linking to one's own ads, in this forum, is not appropriate, as it would potentially open floodgates to everyone using the Nintendo category of Adverts to further link here.

So, I'll delete it there and could users keep it in mind, in the future.

No problem, noted for future reference :)

Indecently it was bought at full price but the plans to add a second TV to the house had to be shelved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

There's a sale on some of the Indie games on eShop.

Death Squared: €9.37 - 25% off
    GoNNER: €6.99 - 33% off
    Graceful Explosion Machine: €8.99 - 30% off
    Inversus Deluxe: €7.79 - 35% off
    Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime: €9.99 - 33% off
    Semispheres: €6.99 - 30% off
    Severed: €9.99 - 33% off
    Thimbleweed Park: €14.99 - 25% off
    Thumper: €13.39 - 33% off

Few amiibos reduced in Argos to €5.99 standout as there are some available is zero suit samus.

http://checkargos.com/product/4483946

I like the look of that Champions Amiibo set but as usual nowhere has it in stock

Was a very limited run for the zelda ones

I'm picking up a shovel knight myself he's €7.49 but as he was made by the skylanders crowd there is no foil in the box so he works without opening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Few amiibos reduced in Argos to €5.99 standout as there are some available is zero suit samus.

http://checkargos.com/product/4483946

Great disappointment among the faithful when Zero Suit Samus didn't equate to Birthday Suit Samus....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Great disappointment among the faithful when Zero Suit Samus didn't equate to Birthday Suit Samus....
    or simply that zero suit samus didn't mean zero suit samus

Its not far off it though. My wife even commented on the exceptionally well sculpted buttocks.

manual_man wrote: »
    or simply that zero suit samus didn't mean zero suit samus

I was going to say that, but I figured someone would almost certainly report me, to myself, for it.... but thanks for going there on my behalf... and apologies if I have to infract you for it!

You just need to drink till shes dancing I prefer the space suited figure I like ladies with a gun bigger than mine. :o

• Advertisement

You very much do need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Hi All,

Hope this is the right place to post. I've been looking at joining the Switch club and see Argos have a bundle deal with Mario Odyssey for €349.00

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7501337/Trail/searchtext>Nintendo+switch.htm

Would this be one of the better deals at the moment?

Thanks

pilot1087 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Hope this is the right place to post. I've been looking at joining the Switch club and see Argos have a bundle deal with Mario Odyssey for €349.00

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7501337/Trail/searchtext>Nintendo+switch.htm

Would this be one of the better deals at the moment?

Thanks

Yes its a good deal. That link doesn't work but assuming its the pre packaged bundle, its worth bearing in mind the Mario game is a digital code, rather than a physical game, if that bugs you.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Yes its a good deal. That link doesn't work but assuming its the pre packaged bundle, its worth bearing in mind the Mario game is a digital code, rather than a physical game, if that bugs you.

Thanks. Yes it the pre-packaged bundle (sorry posting off phone so bad link). Hadn't realised that it was digital code so that's good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭td2008

Not sure if posted but amazon.de are doing 3 for 2 games.
    Tried Mario Odyssey , Mario Kart and Skyrim and it's coming up as 100 :):)

td2008 wrote:
    Not sure if posted but amazon.de are doing 3 for 2 games. Tried Mario Odyssey , Mario Kart and Skyrim and it's coming up as 100

Be wary I ordered in December never got any order and had to cancel the order

Stardew valley 149.99 Mexican pesos on Mexican switch store works out about 7 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Be wary I ordered in December never got any order and had to cancel the order

Did you email support? Mine took a while to arrive but eventually came. I emaied them after about 12 days and they told me to get back in touch if they hadn't arrived in 5 days and they'd resend them again. Luckily they came two days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Stardew valley 149.99 Mexican pesos on Mexican switch store works out about 7 euro

It's only 50c on the moon. But the moon might as well be Mexico it's so hard to get them to take your money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Nba Playground Enhanced is 10euro very enjoyable on the Switch only played single player so far..

Never played the game before but always was tempted on ps4 think they have fixed the online issues..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement